Chapter 1:Invasion at the Sector
361 9 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Invasion at the Sector

*Triiiiiiiiiing~*

The sound of the school bell rang out, signaling the end of classes.

A certain teacher looked at his wristwatch and spoke.

"Class dismissed."

"Ahh, finally over."

"Hey, wanna hang out at the arcade later?"

"Let's go karaoke! Karaoke!"

"Bro, I heard the restaurant at Sector 15 is good. Wanna grab a bite?"

"Let's go, let's go!"

The students all chatted amongst themselves happily as they decide where to hang out next after school.

The teacher smiled and shook his head as he packed his things as well.

"Mr. White! Wanna join us? My treat!"

A rather good-looking guy said as he called the teacher.

The teacher looked at him and remembered his name was Adam Martins.

The guy had short blonde hair and green eyes. He's smart, athletic, and good-looking. Basically the most popular guy in class.

Although for some reason he didn't have any girlfriend yet. He always says he wanted to focus on school stuff for now.

To sum it up, if this was an anime, he's definitely the protagonist...

The teacher thought for a moment before nodding.

"Alright. Let me grab my things first. I'll meet you guys there."

"Sure! Let's meet at the Sector 15 station then!"

Adam nodded and waved at him before leaving with his group of friends.

The teacher walked towards the faculty office to pack his things.

"Mr. White, heading home already?"

"Some students invited me for dinner at Sector 15."

"Haha, you sure are popular with your students!"

He just smiled and didn't comment any further.

It wasn't that he was particularly popular. Rather, he just got along with the students since he doesn't often scold them.

After packing his things. he went to the parking space of the school and started up his hoverbike.

The bike hummed softly as it started and levitated for a bit.

Just as he was about to leave, a voice called out to him.

"Mr. White! Wait up!"

"Hm?"

Turning his head, he saw a woman with long black hair tied to a bun behind her head.

He recognized her as a fellow teacher, Linda Blanc.

She was rather popular among the students as well as a beautiful teacher and he would often see some students confessing to her in the faculty office.

It was quite funny seeing her expression all the time and the other teachers also made bets on how many students would confess to her in the month.

"Ms. Blanc. Is there something you need?"

"You said you were heading to Sector 15 right? Can I come with?"

He thought for a moment and nodded. Anyway, there was no reason for him to refuse so he might as well agree.

"Sure. Hop in then."

He reached out to a compartment at the side of the hoverbike and took out a small arc-shaped device.

Tapping on the side, the device unfolded itself and turned into a helmet which he then handed to Linda.

"Thanks!"

Linda smiled brightly and sat behind him as she wore the helmet.

He gently rotated the handle and the hoverbike began to move forward.

The way the hoverbike works is by rotating the right handle downwards, the bike would move forward. If he rotates the left handle downwards, it would then move up.

Likewise, if he rotated the left handle upward, the bike would begin descending.

There's no reverse function to the bike so one would need to turn instead.

Linda didn't want to be seen as too clingy so she simply placed her hand on the backside of the bike to hold on to.

After a few minutes, they finally reached the station.

The station itself isn't located on the ground but is floating through the same way the hoverbikes float.

Adam said that they would meet up at Sector 15 station.

The sector they are in right now is Sector 17. Since he had a bike, they didn't get off at the station and simply traveled up alongside it to go to Sector 15.

"Sure is convenient to have a hoverbike Mr. White."

"It is. Also, just call me Lucas outside of school."

"You can call me just Linda then."

Lucas nodded.

"Why are you heading to Sector 15 by the way? I recall you said before that your place is in Sector 18?"

"Ah, I'm just meeting with someone."

"Boyfriend?"

"What boyfriend?"

Linda rolled her eyes. Although it can't be seen as she was wearing a helmet.

"I'm meeting with my father. He just got off work and said he wanted to treat me to dinner there."

"I see."

Lucas nodded and didn't say anything else.

Regarding the Sectors, this was simply a nice way to divide the social standing of the people living in this Hub.

After Earth has entered the Intergalactic Era, humans had started to live amongst the stars in space stations known as Hubs.

The Hub they were in is Hub-02. This Hub was further divided into 20 layers which are called Sectors With Sector 01 located at the very top of the Hub, reserved only for the wealthiest of the wealthy.

Sector 15 can be said to be a 'high-end' place amongst the ones living below and is often a place where people go to celebrate on various occasions.

The Sectors are only connected with a tube at the center where one can go up and down. There were also 'trains' made to accommodate a number of people traveling this way.

After a while, they reached Sector 16 and were nearing the Sector 15 station when suddenly, a loud explosion rang out from above.

*BOOM*

Lucas quickly started up his bike and dashed out of the way. One of the larger debris above fell and hit the train traveling up alongside them and crashed downwards.

It was unknown whether the people inside had survived or not.

"Grab hold!"

"Kyaaaa!?"

Lucas frowned and maneuvered his bike to dodge the debris falling down on them.

Surprised and frightened by the sudden turn of events, Linda held onto his waist and closed her eyes in fear.

Lucas thought for a moment and started to drive downwards quickly in order to retreat back to Sector 16.

"Kyaaaaaaa!!!"

Linda continued to scream after suddenly experiencing the pressure of heading straight down at such a fast speed!

Lucas simply ignored her and continued as he dodged some other vehicles or debris in their way.

Finally, Lucas was able to see an opening below. They have returned to the Sector 16 station and were safe for a while.

Lucas found a place to land and stop his hoverbike. Meanwhile, Linda still clung onto his back while shivering.

"...Linda, we're back on the ground. It's safe now."

"A-ah? R-right...thank you..."

Linda finally opened her eyes and saw that they were no longer falling.

Soon, she sighed in relief and got off the bike. Although her legs could still be seen trembling.

"W-what happened?"

"...It seems Sector 15 station exploded."

"W-what!? No! My father!"

Linda began to panic as she remembered her father waiting for him at Sector 15.

Lucas also frowned since his students were also there.

Linda was about to use her phone to try and contact her father but suddenly, the screen changed.

A man with blue skin and long ears appeared. He was fully armed and there were more men who looked similarly behind him. All of which are holding their guns while pointing at the crowd behind.

"Father!"

Linda cried out as she was able to find her father amongst the crowd being threatened behind the screen.

Lucas frowned as he was also able to find his students there as well. He also recognized the blue skin guys as one of the alien races in the galaxy, the Xenars.

The xenar who appeared to be leading the group snarled in front of the camera as he spoke.

["Listen up, you pathetic humans."]

The voice sounded a bit mechanical. On closer look, he appeared to be wearing a translation collar on his neck.

["This sector now belongs to us. Do not think of doing anything stupid, or the lives of all the humans here will all perish!"]

The video stopped at that moment.

Linda broke down as she fell to the ground, crying.

"No...father..."

"..."

Lucas' eyes narrowed and a cold glint shone in his eyes which disappeared as soon as it appeared.

"...Linda, you should head home for now. I'm sure the government will handle this. Look, the military had also begun to move."

Lucas pointed at a group of armored cars and people appearing to be headed to the station.

However, Linda was still unhappy.

"The government won't care about us living below...what can they even do when the whole sector is held hostage...now the path between the upper levels and the lower levels had been cut off, what can we even do...?"

"..."

Lucas fell silent and didn't know how to respond.

After a while, he finally convinced her to go back home and made sure that she got home safely.

Then, he traveled all the way down to Sector 20 where his apartment was located.

Sector 20 can be considered as the slum area of the Hub. But Lucas didn't mind.

As he went inside his room, he hesitated for a moment before walking towards an inconspicuous corner of the room.

Lucas placed his palm on the wall and suddenly, the wall opened up, revealing a small room inside.

The room was filled with all kinds of weapons and bullets as well as armor and other gadgets.

Lucas picked up a white faceless mask from the wall and stared at it.

"..."

Silently...he put the mask on once more after 10 long years.

15