Chapter6- The pendant
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle was living with His Beautiful mother and Three years passed like that.

*******

 White River City.

It was the biggest city in the surroundings. Many people were coming to every day to make trades. There were many prestigious places, namely the Martial Pavillon, the Ever Garden, the Du, and the Li family compounds.

There was also a market where many organizations from the surroundings were doing their business.

The streets of white River city were never calm, never empty.

A white-robed child was walking along the streets. Even though he was walking confidently now, the truth was that he was Lost. 

The boy's name was Du Ren Xi. Two days ago, with His mother Lan Xi, they came to this place.

She said that she wanted to buy something and she wanted her son to Come along.

Du Ren did not know what she wanted to buy. It was a surprise.

Today they were walking together in the middle of a crowd when a carriage passed on the middle of the road.

It was someone from the Li family, one of the most powerful clans in the city.

Du Ren Xi expérienced firsthand how terrified people were at that time. They started to run on either side of the road, not daring to trouble the people from the Li family.

Unfortunately, He was separated from His mother.

As to why he was not panicking, it was because he was a 19-year-old soul in the body of a child.

He was calm enough to know that he just needed to go to the place where they lived.

The problem was that he was completely unfamiliar with the place. Apart from that, he was too short, he could not see too far in this crowd of giants.

On either side of the road, there were people installed behind their stalls. They were selling almost everything from miscellaneous items to medical herbs useful for martial artists.

You could have a good deal here. But you could Also be conned if you were not prudent. It is the reason why people preferred to buy their things in well-established shops.

Du Ren will often turn His head to glance at some items. He will Also stop and glance at the stalls where the owners were exaggerating the usefulness of their product.

There was a medicine that could help you become beautiful, a concoction that could cure almost any disease.

Du Ren tried to discern whether they were lying or not. He will stop and listen to their heartbeat.

It was a New ability that he had developed with the help of his sound talent.

Sadly, that ability was not all-powerful. There were situations in which he could not obtain any result. For example, when he was facing His mother or in front of people who were too good at conning others.

" Forget it! They are people who are too good at lying. It almost seems like they lied to themselves before trying to convince others." Du Ren mentally sighed.

" But now that I know that they are professional liars, it is impossible that I will buy something from them" Du Ren decided.

It was at that moment that he started to Hear a crazy heartbeat.

'It seems liké someone is excited'

Du Ren turned His head and Saw a boy taller than him. He seemed to be around twelve years old. He looked somewhat thin and had pale skin. He was wearing a black dress.

Du Ren Saw him at a particular stall while he was trying to control His emotions.

He walked toward the stall not knowing that Du Ren was just behind him.

The seller was a middle-aged woman with some hairs that was already turning white.

Arriving before the stall, the boy started to look around as if he was just curious and was just looking around carelessly. He was still doing His stuff when another younger boy came in front of the stall and showed an item with His finger.

" Hello, old woman, how Much is this pendant? It looks pretty" Du Ren asked.

He did not know why the boy was attracted by this, and while He could hear his heart beating as if hé was on thé verge of going out of control he could not help being intrigued.

'what is so good about this thing? It looks so ordinary'

The woman was not bothered by the reference about her age. On the contrary, she seemed pleased to see that someone was complimenting her item. In addition, he was a little child. She was ready to give him a friendly Price.

" Ah.. that pendant? It will cost you 10 silver Jian" the woman said.

The Jian was the currency used in this region.

The pendant was in her family for some time. And it is only to have some money that she decided to sell it. But she did not elaborate. She was not a professional seller.

Du Ren could somewhat see through her emotions by using his special sense.

" Only ten silver Jian? This pendant is so pretty. I will buy it with fifteen silver Jian. It will be a gift to my mother" Du Ren Said passionately.

The woman was surprised. She tough that being so young the boy will not try to bargain too hard but she never expected him to raise the Price instead. 

' so sweet' she was, even more, touches touched to know that he wanted to give it to His mother.

But the most shocked was the other boy. He was initially looking around to not raise any suspicion. There was something special about this pendant and he knew it. He wanted to buy it at the cheapest price possible. But who would have thought that someone else will Come and Ask for the item he had His eyes on.

Luckily it was only a little child...😏

" I have twenty silver jing for this pendant" the boy dressed in black stated.

Du Ren looked at him. He still did not know what the pendant represented for the other. But he could feel that he was now panicking from His heartbeat.

Even the woman looked at the boy and frowned. She needed money, thé more the better; but the way she saw it, It was just a boy from a rich family who wanted to Bully a child with His money.

The child clearly expressed His intérest first. She was still conflicted about what to do when she saw that the smaller one seemed to think for a while.

" 30 silver Jing for this pendant," he said.

"40 silver Jing," the other said.

At that moment the constant Brain Washing from Lan Xi seemed to take effect.

The first rule: Always fight for the things you want and do everything possible to achieve your goals.

At that moment he became like a robot programmed to defeat His opponents.

Their Plays had attracted the attention of the surrounding people.

" Do you know what is happening between these boys?" Someone in thé crowd asked

" The two of them want to buy that pendant. But no one wants to concede"

" The younger one was clearly the first to show His intérest. The other one is just making things difficult for him"

" I think that this child is Being conned"

"What is so special about that pendant?"

" The pendant does not matter. It is a question of honor"

" But they are just children"

"Young nowadays..."

*****"

" 100 silver Jing," the older boy said.

Du Ren was looking at him with interest. But for the crowd, he looked like a child who despite being beaten was looking defyingly at his opponent.

The woman was confused, some minutes ago, the front of her stall was empty some minutes ago and the next moment a 'mini auction' started.

There were now many people looking around. But she was sad to see thé little child being bullied.

She was amazed by the fact that he had that much money on him. And that he wanted the pendant that Much. Many times she tried to convince him to stop and just let the other take it.

But he will say things like:

" I will give that pendant to my mother. No-one Can stop me"

She was touched. If only she did not need that money...

After the other boy proposed a Hundred silver, Jiang. The little boy remained silent. He did it many times earlier but this Time he looked Much more concerned.

" What is your name?" Thé little boy suddenly asked.

"Qi Zhen! " Thé other boy Said.

" My name is Du Ren. Do you still want that pendant?" Du Ren asked.

The moment when he Said His name, the crowd around him broke out on colds sweat.

Who did not know the Du clan, it was a clan of martial artists. They called the rain and the Wind in white River city.

Du Ren was an illegitimate child of the Du clan. He did not have any power in this city. But because of His spirit of competition, he was trying to use the Du name to intimidate His opponent.

Sadly, he found that even though the crowd was now looking at him fearfully, Qin Zhen was still calm.

"Why would I not?" He answered arrogantly.

' is he ignorant?'

'perhaps he is Also from a clan of martial artists" thé crowd was shocked.

At that moment Du Ren Also calmed.

' i need to calm myself.

I don't think that it is a good thing to use that Du name in public.

I don't even know what is so special about that pendant.

How in the World did I Even get myself in this mess'

He only had 90 silver Jian on him. It was not even His own money but His mother's.

What kind of son use His mother's money like that?

And what kind of mother gives so much money to a three years old child?

When people tough that he was going to lose, Du Ren took a little bag of silver Jiang out of His pocket.

" I only have 120 silver Jiang on me, how much do you have?" Little Du Ren lied and asked.

Qin zen started to panic, he only had 110 silver, Jiang. He regretted not taking more money with him.

He was shocked by the next sentence if thé little boy.

I Can let you buy the pendant at 110 silver Jiang in one condition.

" What condition ?" Qin Zen asked eagerly.

" I challenge you in a fight. If I win you let me buy, the pendant at 100 silver Jiang.

Don't worry I will go easy on you. Also, WE will have our eyes closed." Du Ren proposed.

Qin zen did not know how Du Ren pinpointed how Much he still had. Nor did he know that, there where no différence for him whether His eyes were closed or not.

The crowd made some Space for them and they closed their eyes to fight.

Soon a one-sided beating unfolded and After five minutes, Du Ren received a notification.

*You defeated someone.

Your opponent only has two abilities. You Can choose one among His skills

Hidden wave art- initiated

Sword mastery- basic"

 After defeating Qin zen and received the reward of the system, Du Ren sighed.

"You are not very skilled. You are pretty Much useless" he commented.

People tough that he was bragging but he was thinking that.

'he did not even have five skills to give away!'

" I had Gone a tad Overboard during the fight. As compensation, I will let you buy the pendant" Du Ren Said before Leaving.

The Real reason why he did not buy it anymore was that they had attracted too much attention. The worst was that he did not know the use of thé pendant.

His mother told him many stories about people who found random things that were in fact treasures and started to Prosper soon after. But she told him even more stories about people who found treasures and dire later because of them without even knowing while.

The Later kind was the most likely to happen in Real life. Du Ren did not want to endanger His and His mother's lives.

2