Chapter7- Irony of life
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After causing the incident at the market, Du Ren left.

He was doing his best to look calm while doing so.

" I am really stupid. Why I am so impulsive?"

This world was not a peaceful place where ordinary people could do whatever they wanted. Before offending someone, you needed to make sure that you could afford to provoke him.

Although there were laws and rules, They could only be effective if the keepers of the law were strong and kind enough.

The existence of martial artists made it difficult. In this world the social hierarchy was based on strength.

*******

Inside the compound of the Duo family, two people were drinking tea together. The first one was a middle-aged man who looked refined in the purple traditional robe that he was wearing. The other was a burly man who looked younger.

"Third brother, I found something interesting in the market today. There was a fight between two kids. One of them was three years old and the other was twelve. I will let you guess which won" the burly man said before taking a sip of tea.

" the three years old boy?" The third brother guessed still confused as to where the conversation was going.

In this world, it was not surprising to see a young child fighting and winning over an older one.

The practice of martial arts consisted not only in training your reflexes and muscles. There were also principles of flesh tempering included. The martial artist needed to dig into the inner potential of their bodies , that could not be underestimated.

There were presently three six-year-olds children in the Duo family who were strong enough to easily bit regular adults.

As if he knew what the other man was thinking, the burly man smiled.

" What I found interesting was that before the fight the boy tried to intimidate the other one.

He said that he was from the Du clan.

He said that his name was Du Ren Xi" the burly man explained.

Hearing this, the purple-robed man frowned.

" I don't recall having a Du Ren Xi among our the new generation.

But I don't think that with your presence, someone will dare to usurp our name and survive" the purple-robed looked at the burly man questioningly.

" the boy is still alive and kicking. But it is only because I knew his father.

Do you remember the golden tablet?" The burly man asked still with an amused gaze.

" yes, I remember. Two years ago the clan found a golden tablet. Not many things are known about it because only the great elders and the patriarch of the clan possess the right to see it" the purple-robed man said. Confusion was shown on his face. He had lost some of his poise and elegance.

" it seems like you don't know that much.

There was a member of the branch's family named Du Feng. He was tasked with the management of the iron mines of our family.

Two years ago he managed to dig out a golden tablet from that place and brought it back to the clan.

The clan head was overjoyed and recompensed him for his service. He received three shops in Whiteriver city and came to live here with his family.

Last year he was tasked to go back to continue to dig up the mine.

Unfortunately, he died during that trip.

Du Xi Ren is his illegitimate child with a prostitute"

The purple-robed man was flabbergasted. He did not expect the story of the little boy's existence to be linked in any way with the mysterious golden tablet.

" How do you know all of this?" He sipped his tea calming his mind.

" I met the man. I am tasked with almost anything linked with the management of the property of the clan. I meet many people after all" the burly man explained.

"Did he come to inherit his father's property?" The other man asked.

"It is possible. After all, Du Feng only had another child with his wive and it is a girl..." The man dragged his words for a while

" in fact, it does not matter anymore. Sixth brother already has his eyes on these properties. No one will offend him for someone from the branch family...

The most interesting part is that the two boys were fighting in front of a stall. And the stall owner was Du Feng's Wife.

In the end, the boy won the fight but forgot to take his father's thing" the burly man sighed.

" it is the irony of life" the other man also sighed

After that, the two brothers continued to talk about other matters, important and unimportant one.

There was something else that the burly man did not say.

The reason why he went to the market that day was to see that stall especially. Like the other his sixth brother, he wanted to see if there was still anything "special" among Du Feng's possession. If Du Ren Xi had insisted on taking the pendant, he will have found a way to take it back. He did not even mind killing the boy.

He could have prevented that that he was killing and imposter.

He still did not know that fate has also played a joke on him.

2