Chapter16- Unexpected problem
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I will now use the term "hidden method" when referring to the technics that the martial artist uses to cultivate.

Martial skills will refer to the skill, they use during their fights or in other situations.

Hidden technics will still be used, but they will only refer to skills used in activities other than martial arts.

Thanks for reading this small summary

Du Ren was looking at the mask in front of him.

It was a bronze mask. It looked old, and there were some inscriptions written on it. They looked like some random line. But Du Ren knew well enough that these lines were words with meaning, in an unknown language.

When Du Ren arrived in this world, the first discovery that he made was a strange ability he had. He could understand the meaning behind any world in any language written or spoken.

At that time he tough that it was a talent that any transmigrator will receive, and did not think too much about it. 

It was not his fault, after all,l he never had too much opportunity to use that skill.

But two years ago when he was visiting the black mist he found this mask. There was an inscription in an unknown language on it. The blacksmith had found it while traveling during his younger years.

What, Fu Ren found shocking was the fact that Gu Bu mistook the inscriptions on the mask for simple lines randomly drawn. As a blacksmith, Gu Bu worked with metal, he had even worked on the bronze mask. And from what he had said, some lines disappeared during that process.

But using his ability, Du Ren could read the meaning behind these lines in a strange language.

Since that day, Du Ren tried all he could to obtain that mask without drawing too much attention.

With his habit of challenging people, it was pretty easy to hide his special interest in the object.

Gu Bu Had left and Lan Xi was not in the house.

Du Ren first checked the house to make sure that the door was closed and that no one could pick Kim from outside.

After that, he entered his room and started to inspect the bronze mask. Little by little in his sight, the drawn line morphed into what seemed like a test that Du Rencouldd read.

The more he saw, the more shocked he became.

There were some lines of instruction that looked like martial technical.

" mask burial, what an ominous name" he started to read the instruction.

At first, he did not intend t practice that technic for the time being. He just wanted to take a glance.

But as he was reading, he entered a sort of trance, the blood essence in his body started to flow fiercely according to the instruction on the mask.

At that moment, Du Ren panicked and wanted to stop by he found that his blood essence what out of control.

Imagining the possibility of becoming crippled because of an accident, Du Ren wanted to take the mask away, only to find that he was losing control over his body. His hand was holding tightly onto the mask and whatever he tried, he could not release it.

Soon he could not move any part of his body. In desperation he cried to circulate his blood essence according to the hidden wave technic, only to regret it later.

It fell pain all over his body. He saw his muscles bulging as if his blood was revolting and wanted to flow out his body.

Some tears started to appear on his skin. The pain was so great that he lost the will to live for a moment.

The next moment he lost his sight. Everything around him was red like blood.

There was a noise of the explosion, and Du Ren did no even know if it was coming from inside or outside his body.

Quickly, the pain increased, Du Ren could feel that something was flowing out of him. He only mentally sighed at the moment when he fainted.

He was lying in the middle of a pool of blood unconscious.

Strangely the bronze mask was dissolving inside the blood as if it had never been here in the first place.

Strange inscriptions appeared on the bloodied ground. If Du Ren was awake, he would have recognized them as the patterns on the mask. There was a strange charm on these golden patterns as they seemed both irreal and real at the same time.

There was also a strange symbol, on Du Ren's forehead. It was written in the language that Du Ren learned in this world. It was the character for the word ' fourth'.

In his slumber, Du Ren knew nothing of the things that were happening to him.

" if I survive to this, I will be more careful in the future" these were his last thoughts.

1