Chapter18- Endless illusion temple
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who are you?" Du Ren asked the intruder.

He waited but did not obtain an answer. The silhouette remained in a cross-legged position.

Du Ren did not know how the man arrived there, but after another failed attempt to communicate, Du Ren stood up and walked toward the person. He was very careful while advancing.

But seeing that the man did not move, Du Ren tried to push him. His mind was still in disarray.

" Friend of Foe, It is the moment to know it," Du Ren said to himself before placing his hand on the man's shoulder.

It was easy for a martial artist to kill a normal human, to the point that it would seem even easier than crushing a fly.

At that moment, Du Ren felt electrified. It was a painful feeling as if many needles were Suddenly planted on his body.

He felt like he was being pulled out of his body and the next moment he was alone in a strange place.

He was in what looked like a dilapidated temple. It looked like the vestige of Roman architecture.

The ceiling had fallen so much that he could see an endless starry sky through it.

There was very little left standing of the walls.

Everything seemed to be made of a grey-colored stone.

Strangely, there were resist stains on the marble ground.

At that moment, Du Ren knew that he was dreaming. Instead of his clothes, he was wearing a strange grey armor that seemed to have survived through primordial times.

This world seemed to be made of only these colors, grey, black(sky), red under the light of the shining stars.

Knowing that he was a dream, his feeling of dread did not decrease but he was still curious.

Du Ren can't walk through the outer part of the temple.

He was traversing, what was left of a corridor. On both sides were headed torso or limbs of status. Some seemed to be smiling, others were crying, some were happy, others looked angry.

There were parts of the statue head that looked compassionate while another part seemed murderous.

One would think that they were remnants of different states, but Du Ren felt had a strange feeling that they were most likely part of the same statue.

Du Ren advanced and soon, he reached the inner part of the temple. It was a hall or rather what was left of it. There was a big hill in the middle of the ceiling and the stary light was passing through it, brightening the place.

There was a golden altar on the other side of the hall. Behind the altar were strange lines that looked like patterns or random drawings. But Fu Ren could understand their meaning. He was familiar with this feeling, after all, it had happened before.

" temple of endless illusions" Du Ren managed to read under his breath.

He did not continue to read. He already experienced the danger brought by this unknown language. He will never read anything ever again in his life.

His attention was brought to a pillar that had fallen next to the altar. The light glow coming from the altar was illuminating a figure standing on it.

It was a black shadow shrouded in darkness, Du Ren could not figure if it was really a human.

At that moment, the thing as if it had realized the new presence in the place raised his head toward Du Ren.

It started to talk in a strange language, but Du Ren could understand the meaning behind his world.

It was reading the text in the hall.

Du Ren suddenly had a bad feeling and started to retreat.

But it was too late. He lost control over his body and started to walk toward the golden altar.

The shadow-like being did not attack him, it just stood in place, gazing aimlessly.

Du Ren could only resist uselessly while his body was acting strangely.

With a bite, he opened a wound on his right hand before touching the altar. Soon his blood started to melt into the golden altar and its golden glow started to grow stronger.

In the meantime, the temple around him started to crumble.

At that moment, he felt some information being transmitted in his mind. It was a familiar family similar to the time when he received skill from his system.

In the middle of the crumbling hall, only the figures were standing.

***** 

when Du Ren came back to himself. He was in a familiar room, there was a shadow-like being in front of him that he had mistaken earlier for a man.

Everything seemed similar, but his perception of the world had changed.

Noe he knew, that he was the only person in the room, and the thing in from of him, was not someone, a least not completely.

It was his shadow.

His cultivation had not disaappeared, it had just been transferred to it.

He had just received an inheritance from the endless illusion temple.

0