Chapter 4. Wapol’s Back
2.3k 5 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We all ran towards the direction of the town Chopper and Kureha were at. After a bit of traveling, we made it to the town, and I could feel Chopper's Aura inside what seemed to be an inn. I entered the inn and all heads turned to look at me with shock. I felt around and saw Chopper in his reindeer form. I walked over to him and the Kureha, and showed Luffy and Sanji. “This is the doctor. She can help your friend.” 

 

They both looked at Kureha and Luffy immediately begged for her help. “Please! Save my friend!” He yelled as he laid Nami down on a large table for the doctor to look at and knelt in front of her. Kureha raised an eyebrow while looking at Nami. She started by taking her temperature, and then undid her coat to get a better look at her. I started to move everyone back to give Kureha some space, and to not have others look at a girl while she was in this state. “All right, she is looking after your friend. Now everyone else! Please step back!” Everyone looked at me with a range of different emotions, but eventually moved away from the doctor.

 

It was then that Kureha looked at the inn keeper. “Alright, I’ll reduce the amount you owe me, if you give me room for this girl to rest free of charge. She’s too weak to be travelling now.” The innkeeper fervently nodded his head and showed us to a large room. Luffy carried Nami into the room and laid her down on the bed. It was then that Kureha yelled at us to get out besides Chopper of course. After it was just us in the hallway Luffy and Sanji let out sighs of relief while I was leaning against the wall. “Thank you for helping us.” Sanji said while lighting up a cigarette. 

 

Luffy had a large smile that seemed to be almost like Nami was never sick at all. I could feel his emotions, and they were only happy. Luffy was a very one track mind. He only really felt one or two emotions at a time, but they were always very strong. “Shi Shi Shi. We did it! Now that Nami can get better we can now go back on our adventure!” I smiled at the two and was about to talk before Usopp and Vivi came rushing through the hall. “Hey! We heard Nami was being taken care of here! Is she-” Usopp then stopped talking as he stared at me. Vivi did the same as she just looked at me with her mouth slightly agape. I waved my paw at them. “Yo.”

 

It was then that Usopp’s jaw almost fell to the floor. I snickered at his reaction and looked at the frozen Vivi. “What’s the matter? Never seen a monster before?” She shook her head while frowning. I could feel her emotions changing from surprise to confusion, and now anger. I don’t know what her problem was, but I was just waiting for that stupid king to set foot here. “Hey guys! Thanks to this blue fox, we were able to get Nami to the doctor!” Luffy was just being his ‘uncaring of the small details’ self. While Usopp was stuttering while looking at me.

 

I then could feel the presence of someone in trouble. I immediately darted my head to the direction as my ears flapped trying to feel for the signal. I could feel the presence heading straight for this building. I ran past the straw hats, causing Usopp to get scared of me moving past him, but the rest were curious of what I was doing. I made my way to the open bar and immediately gained everyone's attention. I sighed at the way people were looking at me. I could feel the fear they had of me, and how much they didn’t like me being around.

 

I just looked at the door, and so did everyone else. Soon enough the door was blown open, and a man came running in. He found the big burly man that helped transport Usopp and Vivi according to them anyway. “Wapol’s Back!” He eventually screamed that bit of information, and everyone was startled and became fearful. I could feel the fear wave across the whole inn.

 

“Wasn’t that the guy I punched?” Luffy spoke up while tilting his head. Everyone then turned to look at Luffy incredulously. Then all of the townspeople started yelling at him for bringing Wapol here. “Throw them out!” “Give him that straw hat!” They kept at it while Vivi and Usopp tried to calm everybody down. I could feel that a bunch more men were coming to the town, and I had a feeling it was Wapol. I looked back at the straw hats, particularly Luffy. “Hey! Straw Hat!” He looked up at me while squinting, he did not seem pleased with the way he was being treated. 

 

I however was frowning because of what Wapol was. I had memories of who he was, and what he did. What he would do if we didn’t stop him. “You said you hit that guy right?” Luffy nodded while everyone stared at me in silence, of the monster in their midst. I saw Chopper leave the room in his reindeer form, and looking at his expression and his feelings just made me even more mad of what this piece of human garbage that thing was. ‘He truly isn’t human.’ I looked back at Luffy and smiled. “Would you like a hand on the second round?”

 

Luffy started to smile as well and started laughing. “Shi Shi Shi, Of course! I like you blue fox!” I chuckled as we both went out the door. “It’s Calvin. What’s your name?” He chuckled as we walked to the front of the town with me leading the way. “My name is Luffy! I’m gonna be Pirate King!” I grinned largely just hearing him yell this. I knew it would be true, and just seeing him, and his feelings just made me more determined to make it true. Just as we were halfway to the front of the town, Chopper came running out to stop me.

 

“Calvin! Get back! Wapol is bad news! You can’t beat him!” I just looked at Chopper and sighed. “Chopper… I never told you this, but I can feel the emotions of everything.” I could feel the emotions of surprise all around me, and noticed we were being followed by the rest of the Straw Hat crew. I didn’t notice they were around due to my lack of training. I wasn’t on alert so I only paid attention to emotions that I deemed to cause alarm. Usopp, Vivi, Sanji, and even Zoro were here. I didn’t know where Zoro came from, but it was good he was here nonetheless. ‘He did always have a knack for getting lost.’

 

I then looked back to Chopper and felt his sadness. “This guy was bad, and I can feel he did something to you as well. You saved my life, least I could do is help get you some closure. Aren’t we friends?” I could feel Chopper's emotions going rampant, It made it difficult to know what he was thinking. So I just waited for him to talk. His hat covered his eyes, and he just stood still while his emotions were going wild. I then felt the presence of Wapol and his gang approaching. I walked past Chopper with Luffy right beside me.

 

“Chopper I can fight, and because I can, I do fight for people who can’t, or to stop the real monsters.” I never looked back, but I could feel Chopper and most of the Straw Hats looking at me. “You are not a real monster. A monster is anything that wants to hurt others for their own gain, or amusement. You are the furthest thing from a monster you could get.” I chuckled at the honesty of that statement. He was one of the sweetest things I had seen since coming here. I could feel his Aura, and it was pure. It was beaten and bruised with trauma, but it was still the most pure Aura I could feel.

79