Chapter 6. Farewell
2k 5 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time it became darker and I could feel Chopper wake up. I went down off the roof and went inside a window on the side of the building. Going inside felt nice, after spending so much time out in the cold. Going inside I heard the Straw Hats talking with Chopper. Mostly Luffy asking Chopper to join. “Join us! I like you reindeer! All of those transformations were awesome! I want you to join my pirate crew!” I chuckled at how hard he was pushing for Chopper. Apparently my chuckle was heard, because everyone all turned to face me. 

 

I grinned and waved my paw. “Yo…” It was then that Luffy also came over to me. “Hey! Blue Fox! I want you to join my pirate crew too!” He said everything so enthusiastically and with his big goofy smile, I couldn’t help but smile along with him. “Sure, only if you can either remember my name or even my correct species.” Luffy laughed a little while holding out his hand. “Shi Shi Shi. I’m Luffy! Who are you!?” I grabbed his hand with my paw and smiled. “My name is Calvin. I am a Riolu.” We shook our hands and chuckled at our new friendship.

 

I then felt Chopper's emotions of sadness. I looked over at him and went to his bedside. I smiled as I put my paw on his head. He looked up at me with tears welling in his eyes. “I’m going with these pirates because I know they are good people. And I want to travel the world with the freedom of pirates, and the good company of these guys. I want to go on an adventure. And I know you do too.” He looked shocked at me while I placed my paw on his chest. “I can feel emotions. It’s a part of my species. I know you also want to go with them. I’ll be waiting for you.” 

 

And with that I left out the door to find another member of the crew to show me to the Going Merry. I felt around and locked onto an Aura that felt familiar. I went outside the nearest window and dropped close to where I was sensing them at. I looked to see Vivi staring at the full moon. I walked up to her and got her attention. “First full moon I’ve ever seen here.” I said while staring at the moon and many stars in the night sky. Vivi was surprised I was suddenly here, but shook it off quickly. 

 

I kept looking at the sky in amazement of a completely new world for me to be in and explore. Vivi took the chance to talk to me while I was quiet. “Did you talk with Luffy yet?” I smiled and chuckled a bit at her question. ‘Can’t believe she couldn’t hear, with how loud Luffy is.’ “Yea, I’m now an honorary member of the Straw Hat Pirates.” I couldn’t wipe the smirk off my face even if I wanted to. I was excited to be part of one of the greatest stories ever told. The thoughts of adventure, and fighting made my heart race.

 

I could feel happiness radiate off of Vivi and looked over at her. She was looking at me with a smile. I blushed a bit as I looked away. I coughed and changed the conversation. “So… Where is your ship? I need to know what I’ll be traveling in.” She giggled a little as she pointed in the distance. “It’s that way, but we should probably wai-” She was about to finish her conversation until we heard a ruckus in the inn. We both ran to the door to see what was happening, only to find Kureha chasing Chopper down while yelling.

 

“You think I’ll allow you to go and become a pirate! Stop running and get back here!” While she was chasing him around everyone else in the bar was hiding from any unintentional fire. Vivi looked at me with concern. “Shouldn’t you help?” I had a bittersweet smile on and shook my head. I started to walk to the direction Vivi pointed at for the Going Merry, and said some parting words. “I only feel happiness and sadness from her.” Vivi looked back at the scene they were causing and looked back at me with disbelief.

 

As I was walking alone, I felt Chopper's Aura along with everyone else's all together travelling fast in my direction. I looked back and saw everyone crammed inside a sled that Chopper was pulling. I smiled and jumped on choppers back as they came towards me. After a bit of travelling we made it to the ship. While everyone was getting the ship ready to leave I was just watching the sky. After a bit of watching everyone started to wonder what I was staring at. I could then see bright flashes of light from the cannons firing and smiled.

 

“Chopper! Take a look at this!” I yelled at him to get his attention and pointed towards the sky with my paw. He followed where I was pointing and looked into the snowing sky. Looking ahead, his eyes slowly widened with shock. Everyone else in the crew was completely silent, as we all gawked at the night sky with our mouths agape at the beautiful sight. The snow turned pink, as if thousands of petals were falling from heaven. I stared at the majestic sight with awe and wonder. I could feel Chopper’s bitter sweetness, and felt it with him. Just looking at this last farewell for a friend, an apprentice, a son, put tears in my eyes.

 

I put my paw on Chopper's shoulder as he cried his eyes out. I knew the feeling of what he was going through, and was feeling it again through him. He fell to his knees while weeping. We all just stayed in the port until all of the pink snow settled as none of us could even think about leaving with that sight still behind us.

85