Chapter 13. Beatdown
1.6k 9 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shrunk back a little bit at the sight. Vivi’s emotions were mad right now. And that anger was directed at me. I realized she was angry from thinking I was not caring about the importance of this mission, but still. ‘I held up. Pell is here!’ I looked at Robin deadpanned and she returned with her calming, almost motherly smile. I sighed and shook my head. “This is Robin, she is helping us take down Crocodile, and she is a prankster from what I’ve seen now.” I sighed in exasperation from what Robin was doing, and could feel her happiness. 

 

However I couldn’t really get mad at her. She was happy, and I knew those moments were rare for her right now. “We need to focus. There is a bomb in the clocktower. I was thinking of getting Pell to fly it away, while the rest of us stop this war. I managed to meet up with both the rebellion and the king.” This got everyone's attention, especially Vivi’s. “I had Kohza read your letter before delivering it to your father. He wants to help you. This war is almost over, we just need to fight Crocodile together.” After I finished what I was saying, the crew was almost frozen in shock. 

 

I had almost stopped the war single handedly. Vivi snapped out of her shock and I could feel overwhelming gratitude coming from her. I saw her crying, but felt it came from happiness. I smiled at her behind my cloth mask. “You’ve almost saved your kingdom, we just need a little more.” She knelt down with tears in her eyes and hugged me. I patted her on the back while she wept in my arms. Sanji had recovered from the blow Robin gave him, now coughed more blood at the sight of Vivi hugging me. I felt Zoro roll his eyes emotionally at the sight of Sanji. 

 

After Vivi had recovered a bit, I could feel her nervousness, and embarrassment so I tried to move the conversation back on track. Pell had already left to take the bomb, so now it was just us. I looked over the crew and Robin with a smile. “Alright everyone, Let’s go kick his ass!” I yelled as I held my left paw in the air. Everyone, but Robin cheered and we all made our way to the large pyramid structure he was staying at. I stopped everyone from going inside and looked at Robin. “Is there any way to get to him easily?”

 

She giggled while looking at me. “Of course, we walk through the front gate.” She then grabbed my paw and led me inside the casino with the rest of the crew behind. Vivi then suddenly took my other paw and walked alongside Robin and I. I sighed at this point and slapped both of their hands away. I could feel slight sadness coming from both of them, but I was kinda annoyed at this point. “I am 20 years old. I don’t need to hold hands like a kid.” This caused everyone to pause and look at me. I could feel surprise and disbelief coming from them all.

 

I sighed as I walked further in the direction we were going. “I never asked to be put into a body this small.” I shook my head at how I must look like some sort of pet, but held onto the hope of evolution to increase in size and more importantly height. I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice the rest of the crew's emotions of this new information. They caught up to me quickly and Robin began leading the way again. She grabbed hold of my paw, and I frowned at her. She smiled and giggled before talking in her sultry voice. “I’m not holding your hand like a child’s.” I blushed and looked away while frowning. I knew she was doing this to mess with me, and it didn’t help that I couldn’t control my reactions with her being that beautiful.

 

I began to think of how to fight Crocodile to take my mind off of things. I was praying that Aura could be used to hit him, and would be able to use palm strikes to hit him. We eventually made it to the VIP room. There was a cage close to the entrance, but we just moved around it and saw Crocodile. He was surprised by what Robin was doing, from what I could feel. “Robin! What are you doing!? We had a deal!” Robin let out a sultry chuckle and gripped my paw tighter. I could feel anxiety in her emotions while faking a calm exterior. I used more Aura to strengthen my grip with hers. She looked down at me with her eyes a little wider than usual.

 

I then stepped forward letting go of Robin’s hand and spoke while approaching him. “You are done! Everything that you have planned has now fallen apart! There will only be one person's blood spilled today!” Crocodile scowled at me as I approached him. He then tried to get the drop on me, and almost grabbed me with his hand to dehydrate me. I knew he would do this from his Aura and dodged slightly. 

This caused him to look at me wide-eyed with shock. “You know Haki!? Why would you be here!?” I smiled and took off my hood to let him look at me. He became more fearful seeing my beastial appearance. I sneered and growled with Aura to increase its effect of causing fear. It seemed to be working as I could see him start to sweat. “My species was born to use Haki and Aura. I use Aura as I live and breathe. Now… Let’s see if Aura has the same effect on you as Haki does.” He then began to turn himself into sand and tried to retreat from me. He was making his way over to my friends, I could feel his desire to take one of them hostage. I had to stop him before he got the chance.

 

“Quick Attack!” I yelled as I let my Aura encompass me, and ran towards his sand form. ‘I’m too far! I’m not gonna make it in time!’ I then remembered my first night of training. I placed all of the Aura around me, and whatever I could move inside me towards my palms. I held the baseball sized sphere of Aura in my palms. I then released it towards Crocodile. It shot from me and made it to Crocodile just as he was about to reform into his normal state.

 

He was blown back, and transformed back while groaning from the pain. It was then that Luffy took the opportunity to attack. “Gomu Gomu no Axe!” He sent a large kick to Crocodiles mid-section, causing him to spasm a bit from the force of the blow. He was about to get up again, before Sanji and Zoro each attacked him while he was down.

59