Chapter 15. Plans
1.5k 3 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I cheered, the crew all looked back at me, they just stared at me. Until most had broken into cheer as well. “Meat! Meat! I want meat!” Luffy was the loudest, and demanded as much meat as soon as possible. The whole crew were shouting about what they wanted to party, even Zoro, who wanted my help to train, added that he wanted sake. I smiled at the scene and looked over at the confused Robin. She was just watching the crew acting like a loud, and obnoxious family. Her mouth was agape the smallest amount to showcase her shock at how we were acting.

 

But I could feel she wasn’t feeling anything negative. I couldn’t quite place where her emotions lied, but they were nice. Almost nostalgic. Vivi by now was able to stand, she lost most of her strength just increasing her voice for everybody to hear. She came over to us and more specifically Robin and I. I smiled at her, but I could feel her emotions were not singular. She was happy right now, but also a little bit mad. I titled my head in confusion. ‘She literally stopped a war. What would she have to be mad about? Luffy’s bill?’

 

I then nodded at the likelihood of that being the case. “I would be happy to allow Luffy and the rest to eat at the palace…” Her eyes then narrowed as she looked at Robin. “But I’m not sure we can trust her. She seemed to have access to the casino and we still hardly even know her.” All of the guys were too busy arguing about what food they wanted to overhear us. 

 

Nami actually overheard and decided to join the conversation. I could feel Robin’s emotions taking a downward spin. All of her happiness was flushing away like someone just released the dam holding it in. Vivi had a good point, Robin was actually working for Crocodile for a while. I sighed as I took off my mask and hood to show my face, and help showcase my determination. “You can’t trust her yet. That’s fine. All you need to do is trust me. Because I trust her.”

 

I could feel all of the girl's emotions at this point. Nami was surprised probably by my steadfastness in keeping Robin. Vivi was a little sad for some reason. And Robin was the most surprised and filled with disbelief. I sighed a bit to explain more about Robin. “She may have made mistakes. She did work for Crocodile, but she stopped at the most crucial part. She is not a bad person.” In fact my heart still stung whenever I felt our Robin’s Aura. It was so beaten into submission, that it was no wonder she always had on a poker face.

 

I sighed again just thinking about it, but continued on. “She was the one that told me about the bomb in the clocktower. Who led us to Crocodile. I trust her with my life.” Robin’s emotions flared. I actually almost turned around with a double take to make sure it was still her. Robin’s emotions were raging to say the least. Her emotions burned with all sorts of feelings. So many I couldn’t decipher what she was feeling at any one time. I eventually gave up on checking and looked back to Vivi. Vivi frowned, but eventually let out a sigh. “Fine, she can come. But I’m keeping an eye on the both of you.”

 

‘Oh crap…’ I thought inwardly as that might give us no time to sneak off and let Robin look at the poneglyphs. I had to keep up my poker face though. “Fine…” I held out my paw to strike the bargain. Vivi smiled and shook my paw. I could feel Robin’s emotions stabilize again, but it was just a range of good feelings. ‘Probably excited to try and sneak around with a princess keeping an eye on her.’ I sighed internally at the amount of work I would have to do tonight. 

 

‘Ok, let's make a list of what I need to do. 

  1. Keep Robin from injuring anyone in the castle.
  2. Stop Vivi from finding out our heist.
  3. Find and make it to the underground temple without anyone noticing

My head almost spun with how I would have to pull all of that in one night, but I had no way to complain. I had to do this to keep Robin around. 

 

We all traveled back to the palace that night. We were all on the back of the wagon traveling through the day. The army was set to stay for the day, or perhaps more to give the soldiers a break. However, for the Princess and the rest of us, we were given a covered wagon to move back to the palace by nightfall. Sanji was driving the cart right now while the rest of us were in the back. Luckily the heat had died down with all the new cloud cover. It wasn’t raining yet, but it would be very soon.

 

I was sitting on one of the benches on the side. I had Chopper sleeping on my lap. The little guy conked out, almost the moment we made it on the wagon. I gained a smile whenever I saw him move in his sleep. I was sitting between Robin and Vivi though. That dynamic was hard to let me relax. Robin would tease Vivi through me. Whether that be petting me, holding my paw, even talking to me would sometimes get Vivi upset. I could feel happiness emanating from Robin, ever the trickster. However buried inside that happiness I could feel a twinge of sadness.

 

“Ok, both of you stop. Robin, I know you like playing pranks, but this is a long ride, I’m getting tired. Vivi, she is just trying to rile you up, you are a princess for goodness sakes, this shouldn’t work on you. Now both of you stop, before I just separate you both on other ends of the wagon.” Vivi looked away with anger and embarrassment, while Robin was still just emanating happiness. I sighed and leaned back in my seat. I closed my eyes and let my mind rest. Before I knew it I was already asleep.

62