Chapter 25.
1.5k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Zoro and Luffy were taking turns doing the exercise, Sanji left to check in with the palace chefs, and Usopp, chopper, and I all relaxed a bit just watching them. I started reading my book, which captured both of their attention. Usopp was weirded out by what the book looked like. “Oh my goodness! That looks hideous! Nothing good can be inside that!” I chuckled at Usopp's over the top frightened expressions. He looked inside and noticed the writing. “Look! It’s even in an evil language! You’re gonna curse us!” I laughed a bit while closing the book.

 

“Usopp, calm down. Look at what I can do because of this book now.” I read previously that incorporating the book made the user’s Aura create a sign, or proof of owning the book. I don’t know why because it never mentioned it, but I could assume that the Egyptians used it as a status kind of thing. Like wearing Scarab beetle jewelry, except this was proof of a connection to something from the gods. I used some of the dead Aura to move it towards my linen scarf fur, and began controlling it.

 

I smiled as I moved the linen scarf around. It was difficult though. The most I could do right now was to just sweep it in a wide arc. I had ideas of hardening it with the armament Haki, to use as a strong weapon, but I couldn’t use Aura well enough to clad my own tail in it, let alone my linen fur scarf already filled with death Aura. I had a feeling that with enough practice I could capture people very easily with it, as long as they couldn’t burn it, or have something to cut it, or could just meld their way out like smoker.

 

I smiled at how strong I could be with enough practice. I stopped controlling the death Aura, and let my scarf fall. Usopp and Chopper were wide eyed at what I just did. Usopp was the one that spoke up first. “I… I thought you already had a devil fruit power to made you into that.” I smiled at him as I started to read the book again. “Nope… I became like this from something else.” Usopp was still very scared and confused about me, but Chopper started looking at where the scarf grew from my fur.

 

He kept playing around with my fur, and while I was reading I was unconsciously wagging my small tail and tapping my leg. I noticed what I was doing after a bit, and quickly stood up, away from Chopper. ‘I really need to fix these dang instincts.’ I sighed and gave a quick excuse while walking back to my room. ‘We only have a few days here, so I should be training. I need to focus.’ I really just wanted something to take my mind off of how I just acted, but saying that I had to get stronger was a good excuse.

 

Going up to my room, I sat down on my bed and started to meditate. I began to think of ways to increase Aura. ‘Aura comes from life, so the stronger your life force, the stronger your Aura gets, but death Aura…’ I was confused on how to increase my Aura. I sighed and began to train control over my Aura. “If I don’t know how to increase my power, then I should just be able to perfectly control the power I already have.” I brought my paw up and began to put Aura inside my claws. I tried to empower my claws, and get them to harden, but the best I could do was just have them filled with a little excess Aura.

 

“I still can’t harden my Aura. How is it even done?” I thought back to the show, and how people would just turn their bodies silver. “Not really a step by step process… Ok, let’s not focus on this, and focus on something that I can train quickly with maximum results.” I then looked down at my linen scarf and smiled. I tried to put my Aura inside, but the scarf was fighting me the whole way. I figured that might happen, but wanted to try out the idea anyway. I then put death Aura inside the scarf to get it to move.

 

“Ok… Let’s start off small. How about getting just one part of the scarf to grab something and bring it to me.” With a goal set in mind I began to train my control skills. I kept practicing for a while, and stopped after I noticed I was hungry. I was mentally exhausted and decided to just rest my mind while finding something to eat. I left my room, and decided to sense Sanji. ‘If anyone can get me some food, it’s him.’

 

I felt him around the training area, as well as a lot more Aura’s I didn’t know. I walked down to the training area to see that there were a bunch of guards watching Zoro still doing this training. I was astounded at how far he was pushing himself. Zoro kept getting pummeled from the bamboo, but he never stopped. Every dodge he accomplished just pushed him further into his training frenzy.

 

I walked over to Sanji who was smoking a cigarette off in the distance watching Zoro with a gaze of respect that I could also feel emanating from him. He noticed my presence, and looked down to meet my gaze. “Hey Sanji, I was wondering what food we might have around?” He grinned as he pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning on and led the way. “This way Calvin. I was thinking about making something anyway.” I smiled at what amazing dish Sanji might make.

 

We made it to the kitchen and I stood off by the edge to not get in anyone's way. Sanji got to work making something, while asking the other chefs to help him out with things. They seemed to appreciate the free help Sanji would give from time to time. I left the kitchen and decided to just wait in the dining room. Going inside the doors I was caught off guard to notice that Robin, Vivi, and Nami were all inside as well. I wasn’t feeling presences at the moment with how hungry and tired I was, but I was still a little shocked that I didn’t even notice some of the crew behind a door.

 

They noticed my presence and got quiet while staring at me. I was confused at why they were acting this way, but I was too hungry to care that much. “It’s good you’re here. Sanji is making something for the crew, so it shouldn’t be long for dinner.” They all nodded while still staring at me. I could feel their gazes, but I couldn’t read their emotions at the moment. I didn’t know if it was from how mentally fatigued I was, my hunger, or both.

 

I took a seat by Robin and leaned back in my chair while lowering my hood and scarf that I kept up while walking around the castle. I rested my eyes while waiting, and noticed that Vivi had moved around the table to take the spot next to me. I could feel something now that I was this close, or because Vivi’s motions were so powerful that I couldn’t help but notice, but I could feel jealousy from her while Robin was strangely happy at the moment.

54