Chapter 31. Raining Ships
1.6k 9 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We sailed off into the open ocean, and everyone began to relax with how long the journey may be. Luckily we weren’t having food problems this time, so the crew had some time to get to know Robin, our newest member. Usopp sat down with a pencil and notepad ready to interview her while other crewmates gathered around. “What is it, you do?” Usopp asked like a reporter. “Assasination~...” Robin said with a sultry smile and giggled. “Alright!! She’s dangerous!! Calvin! Why do we trust her!?” He immediately screamed out, as I began to laugh.

 

“She likes to tease.” I said in a reassuring tone to calm Usopp down. He looked at her and saw her smile, and began to take calmer breaths. “But she really could if she wanted.” I finished my thought to scare Usopp, and I watched him start to sweat in fear. I had to admit that teasing people could be fun. Robin smiled at me, and I could feel her happiness rise. We continued on our journey, with me helping Zoro train whenever I had a chance, and reading the book of the dead with Robin by my side. It was nice and relaxing…

 

Until it started to rain a bit. And with that rain, debris also started to rain down. “Uh oh…” I whispered as I was right beside Robin. Everyone looked up at the sky to see what was happening, only to see a giant galleon falling from the sky right above us. We all panicked from the sheer absurdity of it, and just froze from what we were seeing. The galleon crashed into the ocean beside us, and a massive wave of water threatened to overturn the ship. “Grab onto the ship!!” Nami yelled as she grabbed the mast.

 

I held onto Robin, who was the closest to me, and attached myself to the ship with my Aura. The whole ship rocked from the waves, and I was holding on for dear life, as was Robin, and the rest of the crew. “There’s still more!! be on the lookout!! Luffy! Defend the ship!! We can’t take much more of this!!” Sanji yelled, and Luffy nodded while expanding up, to bounce any debris away from the ship.

 

After enough time the debris stopped falling, and all was quiet. We all took a breather, and calmed ourselves down a bit. “Why did a ship fall from the air!!?” Luffy yelled in confusion while looking skyward. The other guys were doing the same, until Nami let out a yell. “Wha!!?” We all looked over to her to see what was wrong. “The log pose!! It’s broken! It’s pointing up!!” She yelled as she stared at it in disbelief. “That’s not it…” Robin said seriously. “There’s another magnetic field… The log pose must have locked onto a sky-island…” She said with wonder as she looked heavenward.

 

Luffy and Usopp went nuts, wanting to see a sky island. “Can an island really float!!?” Robin moved her head from side to side, giving the ‘Kinda like that’ look. “It’s more like… A floating sea…” Sanji beside me sighed. “That’s even more confusing…” I chuckled a bit at how unbelievable it really was. But I knew it was true. The crew was talking about what to do, and eventually it came to finding the map of Skypedia. Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper were celebrating about how the sky island was real, and Luffy started arguing with Nami to get up there.

 

I watched as Robin skillfully put the skeletonized remains back together to investigate. “Hmmm…” She thought as she was looking at the skull particularly. “This hole is not natural.” She said as she traced the small holes in the top of the skull. 

“So he died from someone bashing his head in?” Sanji asked with a frown seeing the dead remains. “No this was made from a surgery called trempination, isn’t that right doctor?” Robin asked while glancing over to Chopper. He looked at the holes, and nodded while explaining what that kind of ‘surgery’ was. I say that in quotation, because it was essentially drilling a hole in some guy's head for any reason. Given the information Robin was able to tell what the ship was, and how it was over 200 years old. I smiled at Robin being an archaeologist detective.

 

Robin saw my smile at what she was doing and I could feel her embarrassment, but also a sense of pride in herself that I hadn’t sensed before in her. “We’ll need more information from the ship, but it’s sinking too fast.” Nami said to break Robin and I out of our stare. Robin was embarrassed from what we were just doing and began to speak just a bit louder to hide her embarrassment. “The ship must have had a router. If we can find that, it could lead us to a clue of how to get up to the island.”

 

The crew wondered for a bit on how to get it, now that the ship had sunk. “We’re just gonna have to salvage it!!” Nami yelled with Belly symbols in her eyes. I could feel the greed from here and chuckled at how disappointed she would be. After a bit of time Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were put into homemade diving suits made from barrels, by Usopp. It was a good design if I did say so myself. I wasn’t put in one for the simple reason of being too small. Usopp had made these a while ago, and didn’t have time to make adjustments that big.

 

The guys were sent down, and while they were I decided to rest in the crows nest again. It felt like it had been days since I could last relax in my favorite spot. I could feel the salvagers approach, and decided to let everything play out like in the show. I rested as I felt the moving sea monsters swimming under us, the other ship’s crew going down in the water as well. There was more, but by this point I had started to nod off.

 

I was woken by the overwhelming amount of fear I could sense from my friends. I jumped off the crows nest to know what was happening. Chopper, and Usopp came running to me in tears. “Calvin!!! They were all eaten by the big turtle!!” I looked over and saw the giant turtle with the remains of the ship in his mouth, and the air pipes for the diving suits inside. “I can sense them below us though…” I said in a confused tone. This caught Robin and Nami’s attention as they went over to the side of the boat I pointed, and watched the water bubble a bit.

It wasn’t long after Luffy came flying out of the water, while he was passed out, and almost hit Nami on his way up towards the boat. Next thing, Sanji and Zoro jumped from the water as well with sacks on their backs. Nami, who was about to hit Luffy for almost hitting her, noticed the large sacks and grinned with Belly signs in her eyes again. I scoffed as I went over to Robin. She was giving her calming smile and I could feel her happy right now. We both stood together as we watched the small comedy routine the rest of the crew was up to with the Monkey Captain from the close by ship.

 

Until we noticed that the sun was beginning to dim. We all looked up at where it was coming from and I could feel the terror from everyone else of the giant shadows we all saw standing in the ocean.

44