Chapter 1 — A New Transfer Student
442 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  • Side: Toru Nakamura 

I should be proud, but I’m ashamed to say that I had a girlfriend between the second and third year of middle school. 

I admitted that I was foolish, but it happened like this.

I was a gloomy person from the day I was born, so naturally, I ended in the lowest caste in school, while people in the highest caste shone like stars.

People say that birds of the same feathers flock together. She was a girl that had twin pigtails braided down her back, she wore thick-rimmed glasses, and her body figure wasn’t that impressive as well. 

The only eye-catching thing about her was her hair, which was a beautiful silver-white.

Both like reading light novels, and ended up talking during breaks with the same topics, as we were in the same class. The time we spent together was bliss. 

We both had good grades but sucked at sports, so we would always skip physical education classes together, and ended up spending more and more time together.

At last…

“I-I...like you!”

“I-I...like you!”

We both confessed at the same time. It was at the start of our second year of middle school.

So we ended up dating.

From that time on, I had an existence called a girlfriend.

Her name was Shizuka Tsukihara.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

“-ru, Toru...Oi! Toru!”

“Huh?...uh...what?”

A loud voice disrupted the memory that I was trying to forget.

“You know...you could pay attention when I was talking.”

“...Sorry.”

The one talking to me is my best friend -- Eiji Haru. He had a puppy-like face and emitted a sunny aura. He is in the highest caste of the school, as he was loved by senpais and various shota lovers from different grades.

“What were you trying to tell me?”

“We’re having a new transfer student.”

“Huh? I hope he fits in.”

“What’s up with that monotonous answer? And how do you know the transfer student is a he?”

“Doesn’t matter, right?”

I fixed my glasses and continued reading the book in my hands. He clamped a hand over the book and snatched it away. 

“I heard the new student is a beauty!”

“You have a girlfriend, right?”

“Well, yeah. But…”

“But what?”

The one who spoke apparently wasn’t me, it was a girl beside me, she had twin tails and a cute face. She was also one of the highest caste, being one of the popular idols in the Entertainment Circle and all. 

Her name is Sakura Mika, stage name ‘Mikasa’. Yes, she’s Eiji’s girlfriend. They had started dating ever since high school started.

“Haru Eiji. But what?”

“But...she’s nothing compared to my cute Sakura!”

“Hmph…”

I left the two lovebirds bickering and picked up my book again. The teacher walked in and clapped her hands, the room fell silent. Seems like everyone was curious about the new transfer student, as they kept looking at the direction of the door.

“Please treat her well!”

A figure came from behind the door and into the classroom. I took a sneak peak, and a chill went down my spine, the feeling when someone walked over your grave.

She had long and magnificent silver-white hair, which reached her waist. Her sparkling sapphire blue eyes caught everyone’s stares. Her lips were glossy with a tinge of pink. 

Unlike other girls at school, she had a slender and mature figure, and was a bit taller than average. It wasn’t surprising for someone transferring at the start of a second high school year, but I didn’t expect it’d be her.

She is…

“...Shizuka Tsukihara, please take care of her.”

The teacher couldn’t help but eye a few glances at her. That’s the charm of the national goddess for you.

“That’s w-woah.”

Eiji was dumbfounded like the other boys in the class as well. Her familiar and beautiful voice rang in my ears.

“I’m Shizuka Tsukihara, please take care of me.”

She bowed and sat down at a seat near the window. I could tell the teacher was trying to separate her from the boys as far as possible. 

After all the time we spent together, I was immune to her cold beauty, so I went back to reading my book.

I definitely have no intention of getting involved with her.

I would be me.

And she would be she.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • Side: Shizuka Tsukihara

“Nee-san. What are you fuzzing about?”

Rei Tsukihara stared at her older sister while sitting on the couch, playing a game on his phone.

“I’m fine. Rather, what do you think you’re doing? Barging into my apartment in the middle of the morning.”

“Mum told me to accompany you on your first day. Moreover, do you need a reason to visit your nee-san that you missed so much?”

I was combing my hair for the sixth time, though it was already as straight as it could be already.

“Let’s go!”

My brother grabbed my school bag and dragged me out of my apartment, locking the door behind.

I passed cars and stores as we strolled towards my new school. Everyone on the street threw glances on me, and I tried my best to ignore them.

“You fuss over fashion too much, nee-san.”

“I couldn’t help it, I need to give a good first impression.”

“You could’ve dressed me up as well.”

I absolutely have no feelings for him now.

I should be proud, but I’m ashamed to say that I had a boyfriend between the second and third year of middle school. 

During middle school,  I liked tying pigtails and wearing thick-rimmed glasses at school. I was also a serious light novel lover as well.

I was ugly, chubby and plain, yet Toru Nakamura fell for me and we confessed to each other at the same time.

While dating him, my communication skills went up, and I stopped dressing like a nerd. I was popular at school. Yet I still loved spending time with him, and he didn’t mind that I’ve changed.

I finally succeeded in my dream of becoming an actress when I was scouted. The downfall was that I had become busy, to the extent that I had to skip classes.

At that time, Toru found himself a part-time job in a convenience store, though he was from a prestigious family.

We also ended up in different classes during the third grade of middle school, so the time we spent became less and less.

On simple days…

Toru: Want to hang out today?

Me: Sorry, I have a shoot today…

On holidays…

Me: I’m free today, do you have time?

Toru: I’m so sorry, but I have a shift in the afternoon…

My work piled even more, as I became both an actress and a model, we hardly talked anymore. We even forgot each other’s existence until the time of graduation.

“Let’s break up.”

“Yes…”

And like that. We didn’t even shed any tears.

Me and Toru Nakamura broke up. We then later went to separate high schools, and had never contacted each other ever again.

“I’m Shizuka Tsukihara, please take care of me.”

I glanced at a boy reading a book at the end of the first row, I recognised him as Toru Nakamura instantly.

I strolled towards my seat near the window, ignoring stares from other classmates and looked out.

He still kept his navy bangs long, hiding his yellow cat-like eyes. His school uniform was messy and his tie was tied backward, just like back then.

I unintentionally let out a natural smile.

The others would have to stare at the goddess quietly, wondering what she was happy about.

8