Chapter 5 — Sick (2)
298 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • Side: Toru Nakamura 

Every place in my body ached, the pain in my throat was bearable, but I had trouble breathing, and could hardly talk.

“It’s alright, Toru. We’re in the infirmary.”

Eiji set me on a bed and comforted me, he’s caring in some ways. He then spoke to the nurse, who began checking me up.

“It may be even more severe if you hadn’t brought him a minute earlier, he has a cold and a slight pneumonia and fever. Here, drink some water first.”

I felt a cold washcloth on top of my temple and water trickling down as Eiji poured water down my throat.

“He will be fine after a while, you may continue with your classes.”

The nurse nodded at Eiji and glared at the classmates that had escorted me as well. They were chatting on their own, and flinched when they felt a glare on them.

“Yes, Hina-san. I’ll see you later, Toru.”

I could move a little again and made an okay sign with my fingers, the latter then strolled out of the room.

“I’m out for a little. Press that button when you need me, alright?”

The nurse pointed at the red glowing button next to the sickbed. I nodded grimly.

After the nurse had left, I sighed. I should’ve taken a bath the first thing after I got home, it’s entirely my fault that I had caught a cold.

I was feeling a bit hungry and was thirsty for water when the door clicked open. It was Shizuka Tsukihara.

To tell you guys the truth, I have a very bad habit when I was sick.

That I liked to go fawn over people I knew when I was sick.

I was on my sickbed when I was three, I had always been healthy, but I had caught a bad cold. To the extent where mum needed to take time off her work and visit me, she was overseas at that time.

My mother works as a skilled businesswoman, while my father was a famous businessman, so both of them hardly spent any time with me.

“Toru, you need to take care of yourself when daddy and mummy ain’t home, okay?”

“Oka-san, I want ice cream!”

“Not today, you need rest. Here, mummy will tell you a story, then you sleep, alright?”

“Hmph, alright.”

I was so happy over the fact that mother had spent two days with me until I had completely healed, during the meantime, I liked to fawn over her.

“Oka-san! Pat my head!”

“Fufu, alright.”

Mum would pat my head until I was snoring away.

“Oka-san! Hand!”

“Fufu, here you go.”

Mum would let me hold her hand at night.

Since then, it had become a habit, and since I hardly got ill, I would always treasure the moment when I got to fawn over my mother, or father.

And I remembered once when I was dating Shizuka, I had fallen ill one day, and I called her ‘nee-san’.

Since then, she has teased and called me a ‘baby’. At that time, I didn’t care much, as she was my girlfriend after all. But I won’t want her to tease me about it all day now that we’re neighbours.

She strolled over to my bed and sat on a stool next to me.

“Are you all right?”

That’s bad. Her lethal beauty was attacking me bit by bit, eventually shattering me.

“...Nee-san…”

Shizuka flinched. She may have thought that I wouldn’t fawn over her now that she had become only an important person in my past.

My mind was automatically working, and I couldn’t control my body, but my consciousness allowed me to guess what I’m doing...

-Right now, I’m so embarrassed I could die!!

.

  • Side: Shizuka Tsukihara 

“...Nee-san…”

Toru Nakamura murmured. His hair was pulled back and messy, showing his handsome face and his intimidating but cute cat-like eyes. He seemed to be in pain, and his fever was still high. 

Sweat trickled down his chin and forehead, and his cheeks were flushed red, giving a dangerous feeling to me, the feeling when the female’s heart could hardly pound anymore.

“...hand.”

As he said that, I was reluctant to hold his hand, I could almost imagine what he would say after he had completely woken up. 

At last, I surrendered to his cuteness, and happily obliged. I took his hand, which was hot from the high fever, but his familiar warmth made me feel nostalgic.

A glimpse of shock passed through his face, but it was only a moment. I released his hand and helped him up, for a moment, he seemed disappointed.

I opened the lid of the cup of congee I had taken from the canteen, scooped some up with a spoon and blew off the steam, finally feeding it into his mouth.

Toru chewed the congee and swallowed it in a big gulp, his hair was down, and he was back to his gloomy self. I was unfazed with it, as I had seen him in this state for a long time already.

“...Tsukihara-san?”

I heard a voice behind me, and almost dropped the bowl of congee. Toru frowned like a kid that had his toy taken away.

It was the school nurse. I breathe a sigh of relief, it would be complicated if a classmate saw me instead.

“Good afternoon, Hina-san.”

“...yes, I’m surprised to see you here.”

The nurse stared at me and glanced back at Toru, who was fidgeting with his navy bangs. She smiled as if she had just understood something.

“Enjoy! No one’s coming in right now, remember to go when the bell rings.”

With that, she strolled out of the infirmary and flipped the sign saying ‘doctor’s out’.

“No wait, it’s not what you think!”

I desperately tried to explain, but the nurse has already disappeared from the infirmary, leaving the two of us alone together.

“Nee-san...food…”

100 damage hits!!!!!

Toru spoke behind me, completely unfazed about the incident with the school nurse. Ah, right, he’s not in the right state of mind right now.

“Here…”

I raised the spoon and fed him a spoonful again. I didn’t realise the time until the school bell rang and it was time for the next period.

Result today:

Toru Nakamura won!!! Dealing an amazing 100 damage hits to the goddess and completely seducing her. 

To anyone who thinks there is romance between them now, I’m sorry to say you’re wrong…

The fifth chapter today, a special day I guess.

5