7. Cinnamon Rolls
2.8k 20 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here it is. (Here it is.)."

 

The twins pointed to Theo's room.

 

"Thank you…"

 

He entered and beelined to gently lay Rose on the bed. 

 

Her breathing was organized, signs of fatigue and anxiety, but she would be fine. Theo looked at the enigma that was Rose.

 

'I do not react to you unlike the others, so you must be a complete mystery to me. Yet your ability to calm me down is puzzling.' He could not understand, but Theo could not make any concrete judgment without a morsel of information to pick from.

 

Assumptions were out of the table as well.

 

The only thing he knew about her was, she was gorgeous.

 

'Really... really, beautiful… like a Fae-folk~' Theo yawned as he stretched his body, and then, he stopped all action.

 

He turned his head to his right and saw two tiny creatures looking at him with shimmering eyes.

 

"…what is it?"

 

"Please, do not mind us and sleep…." Lyria answered.

 

"Yes, yes, please sleep…." Lisa quickly added.

 

Their eyes twinkled with anticipation.

 

The twins looked at Theo as though he was an attraction about to do a new trick. Holding out their pen and paper respectively, the two got ready to jot down information.

 

Theo ignored them as he exited his room.

 

"Ah!"

 

"Wait!"

 

"Are you not going to sleep? (Are you not going to sleep?)."

 

They went after him.

 

"No." With them behind him, Theo closed the doors softly. 

 

"Why? (Why?)."

 

"I am going to read some more books. As for you two, go to sleep already." 

 

"We refuse. (We refuse.)"

 

The twins' dedicated eyes elicited him to raise a brow, "Go to sleep. It's late. It's bad for children to stay up so late."

 

"I thought Brother had amnesia; how would you know that?" Lyria claimed.

 

"That's right! No proof!" Lisa raised her hands in protest.

 

"I've been going through books… by a lot."

 

Lyria and Lisa stopped as they averted their eyes at him, "Tha—that's not enough."

 

"We can't be sure you read the necessary boo—"

 

"[Study of Child Psychology and Physiology] — [by. Mother Druid Ezatl— Page 24, um… the third paragraph, the seventh sentence if I remember it correctly."

 

"...did amnesia give you this power? (...did amnesia give you this power?)."

 

"I don't know, but I already proved my point, so go to sleep, you two."

 

"…da-damn i— (…da-damn i—)."

 

"Do not curse."

 

"But, it's not a curse."

 

"It's an expression."

 

Prideful yet showing not much expression, Lyria and Lisa even harrumphed as they said their piece. To which Theo replied, "It is a curse if you are a kid."

 

"...that's unfair. (...that's unfair.)."

 

"No, that's life."

 

The twins pouted as they insisted on following Theo. They followed him around everywhere he went. They even waited outside the bathroom and into the library.

 

All throughout, furiously jotting down anything they see as "Research Material.".

 

Theo could only ignore them as he resumed reading an encyclopedia for medicinal plants. Though this could be left for tomorrow, something troubled him enough to keep him awake.

 

'The Medicinal Plants from the different worlds exist in this place.'

 

When he goes and takeover a villain, Theo would always be brought to a different world. Though the power system would resemble other worlds on some front, many things would be different, like, for example, the flora found in the world.

 

But the strangest thing was that everything he had encountered in every world could be found in this world.

 

'Of course, there were some more commonly named plants that reappear from world to world, but nothing like mythical items like the [Dragon Blaze Fruit], [Rainbow Elk Berry], [Phoenix Heart Flower], these things existed in different worlds. They were the key items in those worlds!'

 

Admittedly these plants were still rare, but the fact that they existed provided together meant so many possibilities for Theo.

 

Zzzzzzzzz.

 

By the time 10 o'clock hit, the twins were already snoozing on the side.

 

"Kids…" he sighed and picked up the unkempt twins, "And here I thought they were more elegant and mature."

 

He wiped the drool from their faces and carried them on each arm.

 

BAM!

 

Theo kicked the library doors open.

 

"Sweets"

 

"Gimme!"

 

The twins' arms dangled; even such commotion could not drag them away from the lands of sweets.

 

"Again, kids."

 

As those words came out of his mouth, he saw his reflection on the window. He stopped, in the middle of a moonlit hall, as he looked at the moon. Bearing a somber expression, he sighed, "Goddammit, this is the second time."

 

He did, in fact, not know where the rooms of the twins were.

 

Looking at the moon, Theo began thinking... how much of an idiot he had become, 'This is not working.'

 

"Young… Master?"

 

Theo snapped out of his existential dread and turned to look at the young maid holding a glowing magical lamp.

 

She held a stunning gaze, staring at those pair of radiant silver eyes; the maid unknowingly swallowed her saliva.

 

Entranced by the beauty he held. Those deep contemplating eyes, a far-fetched to the past Theo Sigurd.

 

Though the Young Master used to be an upstanding man when he was young, that had long changed.

 

A Waste, Deadbeat, Drunkard, Lazy, and even Degenerate were words used to describe Theo.

 

Theo had always been handsome, but that didn't matter due to his unkempt attitude and mannerisms. But now, with his memories gone, a complete 180 took place.

 

In the maid's eyes, Theo seemed unreal.

 

Ethereal, even.

 

And to Theo, who saw the maid, his thoughts were, 'She's infatuated with me… that's good to kno—HUH!? WHO'S THERE!?'

 

From behind, killing intent roused. It was no mere speck. It was deadly… it was terrifyingly thick, almost suffocating even to Theo.

 

But when Theo turned around… there was no one, 'Hmm, are there hidden assassins in the mansion? Must be, right? It's a big place, after all. Why are they targetting me?'

 

But it did soon disappear, 'Wait... was it my imagination?'

 

***

 

The twins lay rested on their joint bed, their breathing regular and relaxed. The room had two beds, one for Titus and for both Lyria and Lisa to share.

 

"Thank you for the help."

 

"Ah, yes, it was nothing..." she lowered her head sheepishly, sending him side glances, "Um... does the Young Master need me for anything else?"

 

"No, that would be all. Finish your rounds and get some rest for the night. Thank you, though."

 

The maid left… disappointed.

 

Theo watched her leave the room. The doors opened and then shut without little to no sounds, "So sad…such a bad time to be engaged." Being attractive and being engaged do not go well together.

 

He could take the invitation, but Theo didn't.

 

"It attracts trouble."

 

Theo gently placed covers on the twins and even looked over at Titus. Seeing his brothers and sisters, he felt something… foreign, "It's happening again, Guilt, Anxiety, and now even a sense of familiarity. A sense of gentleness… the emotions are becoming stronger as time passes."

 

He was silent, thinking, before turning around to leave. He began walking; his destination was unclear. He allowed his feet to carry him wherever it pleased.

 

He passed several people and was greeted with a plethora of expressions. Some were respectful, while others were scared and disgusted.

 

"This world is a first for me." He took a deep breath and blew away unnecessary doubt, confusion and guilt; he cleansed himself of filth, "…now, where am I?"

 

Standing on sturdy dirt, the scent of blood and sweat that remained reached Theo, "A training ground? This place looks decent... though cleanup needs work."

 

A sword rested on the side, "Hmm, do I still have my skills? It was a consecutive life of Magic and Sorcery. It's a little worrying."

 

Theo reached out to one and felt a creeping fear. The hesitation born from fear was followed by an aching on the neck.

 

He held the sword's handle, and when he tried to pick it up, he found, heavier than it should.

 

The sword weighed not by its components but the past.

 

A scar on his neck throbbed, telling him to stop. 

 

"It was fatal —" 

 

It was an injury that reached the artery, destroying not only the body but also the spirit and will.

 

"A trauma from a near-death experience —" 

 

A scar could mean two things, proof of strength or soul-crushing defeat.

 

Theo could not care.

 

"This is not needed."

 

Mental exhaustion plagued him as he attempted to lift the sword. The body was unwilling, but the current spirit made it move.

 

Theo purged fear from his mind and heart. The closer he got to the sword's handle, the more his heart entered trepidation. 

 

This was new to him, an unheard-of phenomenon to experience such a level of trauma while he's in control.

 

It made him want to return the food he devoured to the world.

 

But Theo pushed forth.

 

'I am not going to lose to such a level of stupidity.'

 

He fought more challenging things to gain control. 

 

'I have died 713 times from different edges. Every single death etched in my soul. A reminder of the terrors. A single scar is not enough to stop me!' 

 

The darkness of the past was but paltry in the face of the one who killed a God,

 

'I am in control, now!'

 

SWISH!

 

Theo managed to lift the training sword.

 

Out of breath, but the sword in his hand felt lighter than before.

 

Thud!

 

Theo fell on his behind. He was tired but retained a tranquil mind. Holding a sword felt foreign to the body, but it didn't last long, 'In the past, I could not bring my powers like infinite mana and God Souls into the next life; how about this time?'

 

Theo got up as soon as he recovered himself and darted forward. Swiftly, his sword maneuvered across the air like a dance. 

 

Beautiful.

 

A sharp movement rendered the air; its swords hum echoed. 

 

Entrancing.

 

To those who could see, the sword seemed as though it was Theo's arm. He casually entered a state that only 10% of all sword practitioners can reach in their lifetimes.

 

When he stopped, the training grounds were marked with his tracks that formed the image of a prowling tiger.

 

Theo was disappointed.

 

'The Tiger did not come alive. That's a shame. Like before, only my honed skills are retained. Everything else disappeared. But, for me to show this level of skills after 33 hours, such synchronicity is incredible.'

 

Like his previous confirmation, this takeover was was different from what he was used to.

 

'It's more enhanced, more natural than any other takeovers. I can tell that if I give it my all, I'll quickly reach competence. My senses would need fine-tuning to regain their use, and my body needs to be examined to choose the proper mold for a Close-Combat Experts. Once I learn the process of Magic, I can move forward with improving my own strength. Thankfully, this world doesn't focus on "cultivating" power but mainly on skills and comprehension. It's using a laudable fantasy concept. Less monstrous hermits, but more asspulls... good thing I can pull more bullshits from my ass than anyone  wait, that sounds wrong.'

 

This world was filled with oddities. Not because it was full of new things, but because it wasn't.

 

As though the foundation of the previous worlds were used to craft this realm. It was filled with uncharted lands, its flora, and fauna from different worlds.

 

'This world has different powers, Magic, Martial Arts, Illusions, and several branches; Blacksmithing, Rune Arts, Fortune Telling, all of that is a viable profession. They do not use oil lamps, they have indoor lighting and ventilation through runes, and from what I read, there are even Cannons and Guns. Less accessible, but they exist. There were also the theses presented by Researchers.'

 

Saying this world had it all was an understatement. That, however, didn't mean anything terrible because if everything existed in a world, then Theo would have a load of weapons under his belt.

 

'Learning Spell Arts will allow me access to Rune Carving, which would give me access to Magical Technology, and then advance Artifacts. From there, I can patent some bullshit they don't have, keep the lethal ones, earn money, get stronger at my own time, and live a normal life.'

 

For most people, their desire would be to live the most lavish lifestyles. But for Theo, he wished nothing more than to survive and live as painless as possible. He already had banquets with demigods, enslaved mythical creatures, and trampled over the lives of several worlds.

 

He no longer had any more goals to accomplish other than to live, 'Wait… maybe, I should find a suitable wife for me and have ki—no, no, no, it's too early for that… I can't be too sure. I can't have children if I'm to end as a tragic villain again.'

 

Silence plagued him... melancholy entrapped him, and he broke out with a burst of wry laughter.

 

"Time heals all wounds, my ass."

 

It was one of the biggest lies he heard.

 

To him, scars only deepen over time until it reaches the very depths and begins whispering to end your life.

 

"Hehe... how cute."

 

While Theo was busy thinking about his past, the giggling of a woman was heard. Curious, Theo followed the laughter to its source.

 

He arrived at the back of the training hall.

 

'How cute of a giggle, I wonder, who that is? Did the two sneak out? No, they don't seem to be a pair to laugh like this. Other children, perhaps?'

 

Curious if there were other children in the Manor, Theo peeked over the corner... his eyes widened.

 

Surrounded by small animals, a lady was feeding them with a charming smile on her face. She was glowing with joy.

 

'Levia?' Theo laughed, seeing the ferocious sister also had a soft side. The animals around her were all enjoying her company, and as she hummed and giggled, Theo thought to himself, 'So this is the legendary Gap Moe...'

 

Crack!

 

He stepped on a branch.

 

"Ah..." Theo knew he did something he should not have.

 

FWU!

 

Levia's head turned quick enough for a whiplash. Her eyes widened when she and Theo looked at each other, "...you bastard... I knew you were faking amnesia... but don't worry... I'll erase your memory for good this time!"

 

'Oh no... she's lashing out as a defense mechanism!' Theo was prepared to defend himself with the training sword when Levia suddenly stopped.

 

"Yo-you're holding a sword!" Levia was in disbelief.

 

"Hmm? Oh, this? I got it from the training hall, someone left it behi-"

Whoosh!

 

Like the wind, she moved to embrace her brother.

 

"Finally! You managed to wield a sword again!"

 

Theo did not know what was happening, but he just accepted the intent instead of questioning it.

 

'This family like their hugs... can't say I hate it.'

 

But with this, Theo finally confirmed that... the members of this family were cinnamon rolls.

 

'Didn't think they existed.' he said to himself while unknowingly letting out a sigh of relief, 'Now, I know that the enemy is outside of the family.'

Truth be told I didn't notice I clicked the Harem harem Tag as I usually like more vanilla-ish, romance with loyal partners... not to kink shame, but I don't like cheating and NTR you see.

Also, yes, I like badass characters who have soft sides.

106