16. WHO?
2k 8 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the sudden Hiatus, was busy with some unexpected IRL stuff

The people of Fang City were all alarmed seeing a bizarre and unexplained phenomenon. 

 

A pillar of golden light pierced the heavens from the Sigurd Household. The entire City of Fang housed hundreds of thousands. For kilometers, the pillar of Golden Light made the world go back to the height of noon.

 

"What is that?" a muscly female butcher asked, her mouth wide open just like everyone else.

 

The light that pierced the skies. Parting the clouds making way to the Heavenly Realms. 

 

"This… I can't believe it—" from a stall corner, a beautiful woman with golden locks and a single bronze horn stopped her haggling for fish. 

 

In disbelief, her steps were slow as she walked to the middle of the road. Just like everyone else, her head was raised to get a better look. 

 

The light was bright, yet it was not blinding to the eye, "This light, it is soft and caring. Just like the testimonies of the Arudian People."

 

Slowly, she realized what it was that she was seeing. "I cannot believe I am blessed enough to witness such a glorious light."

 

"Sister Aegis, what is happening? This light… what does it mean?" a mother carrying her son asked.

 

Many carried the same sentiment and desire to know what it was the light meant. Why did it appear? Was it good or bad?

 

They worry for their own safety and their loved ones.

 

"Tha-that is…" Aegis first swallowed the lump in her throat. Her hands were shaking, her bag dropped to the ground.

 

Aegis is Lady of the Light, a Nun from the Light Church. She had been serving the Fang City's Light Church since its inception 19 years ago when the Region was first recognized. 

 

A trusted confidant of the people, seen as a mother by the Orphaned. She was gentle and knowledgeable, and as she answered them with certainty, the people all followed her lead.

 

She was trusted by many, and as she fell on the ground to her knees. She answered their doubts by putting both her hands together as tears streamed down her face, "That is the Divine Light… a Saint of a Major God is about to be born in our Region!"

 

"A Saint?"

 

"Really? Someone from the Sigurd Family is about to become a Saint?"

 

"By the Gods, can it be one of the youngest of the Family?"

 

They asked Aegis.

 

"I do not know, but whatever could it be, the light of the Divine has come down to bless the Family of Dragons and our Leian Region!"

 

The Mercenaries fighting against bandits in the meadows, the Adventurers about to enter the Dungeons, and the other Races going about their daily lives, raised their heads all the same.

 

Seeing the light, they knew if it was divine or not, yet they could tell its power. 

 

Everyone paused whatever it was they were doing.

 

A Saint was about to be born. Such news was already shocking, but then, they learned he or she would be born in their Region. 

 

The whispers turned to cheers!

 

"A Saint is about to be born?!"

 

"Everyone! A Saint is about to be born in our Region! In our city!"

 

A single place was all it took for the news to reach everyone's ears in the passing minutes. The children and the old alike either danced or praised the coming of the Saint.

 

Such a glorious thing, no matter who the God meant, only one thing — Bountiful Future.

 

The Leian Region was about to enter its Golden Era.

 

"Who do you think could it be? I think it is one of the three youngest. Possibly the most tenacious?"

 

"If that is the case, then that would be Young Master Titus… but he's too impulsive to be the Saint. Maybe it might be the two youngest daughters, a dual Saintess like the previous Saint of Justice!"

 

***

 

Outside of Theo's Room

 

Standing beside Rose were Alba and the other maids.

 

His son floated while lying on the bed.

 

"What is happening to Theo? Is he going to be, okay?"

 

"This is, the Divine Light… Theo is ascending as a Saint." Rose answered from the side as she wiped her tears away.

 

"A Saint!? Does Young Lady mean we have a God trying to have its name be known?" Viel just arrived, and he had just heard the most ludicrous thing.

 

"No, this Golden Light signifies that God is one of the Ten Major Gods of the Light and Dark Pantheons."

 

Alba's brows creased, "Are you sure, Rose?"

 

An adamant nod, "I am. Only a Major God with billions of followers can call upon such glorious light. The protecting barrier the Major Gods bestowed upon those they favor… we cannot know what God took interest onTheo to make him a Saint until the final stages, but I am sure that this is the Light of the Divine, belonging to a Major God."

 

One moment Theo had the blight of the Demons, and now he's surrounded by the light of the Gods, 'With this, the Demon's Corruption should disappear, right?'

 

Rose did not know what was happening, but she hoped for the best. 

 

She did not know what was happening, but she knew that she had to let them know.

 

"Father-in-Law, this is a great opportunity. Please, bring the sick and the weak out from their shelters across the city. The Light of the Divine is known to cure almost anything and everything. It even empowers the weak and gives a new breath of life to the dying."

 

Alba agreed to her words and immediately issued the command, "Everyone, relay my orders! Every Maid and Knights shall go and help those who are sick and weak. Viel, you are to go and quell the panic and doubts of the people. Quickly go and inform them of the situation."

 

"Yes, my Lord!" everyone answered in a chorus, all of them bearing broad smiles on their faces.

 

Alba stood there beside Rose, and as he stared into the light, he had a thought and asked, "Poison..." 

 

"What was that, Father-in-law?"

 

"Poison, can it cleanse the poison from a person?"

 

Rose weakly shook her side to side with a saddened look.

 

"If Father-in-Law is referring to Mother Laura, then I do not think it can. However, the Divine Light can give her strength that could strongly combat the poison. It might even alleviate her pain… but to do that, Mother Laura needs to come into contact with the light. With Theo being in the same building and Mother Laura unable to step outside of her room, it would be hard to do such a thing."

 

"I see. But it will help Laura get well sooner, right?" 

 

"Yes."

 

That was all that Alba needed to know before walking away.

 

"Father-in-Law, where are you going?" 

 

"I'm going to open a window for Laura to see our Son's Light."

 

 Alba stated before walking away, leaving Rose to watch over Theo just outside of his room.

 

Rose was left alone, and then, she had a realization and walked away, 'He had not eaten for so long.'

 

She anticipated his return to her side.

 

***

 

"The Dragon Gates are opening!"

 

Maids rushed out of the Gate and asked for the people to open the Knights' path. Viel stood in front of the gates, reading an empty golden scroll.

 

"Everyone, the Light of the Divine can heal the sick and empower the weak; the Knights are going to help the Temple of Healing bring out those who are in need of our help. But the Knights cannot help everyone. To the old and weak, bath in the light, for it may allow you to walk once more!" Viel announced while the Knights rushed to the Temples.

 

The people complied with their orders. Some even followed to help, while others went to their families and friends. 

 

The wind of generosity and kindness given by The Light of the Divine urged many to do good.

 

Those who remained all had the same question, "Old Viel, who is the one awakening as the Saint? Who of the three youngest is it!?"

 

Everyone, including the Knights and the Maids, looked to the side and just left to do their jobs. Viel took a deep breath and sported a proud smile, "The Gods has smiled down upon our Region! The one who received the light of the Gods and is to ascend as the Saint is illustrious and elegant... Firstborn Son of the Sigurd Household — Theo Sigurd!"

 

"…"

 

"…"

 

"…"

 

"…"

 

"THE FUCK!?"

82