26. I am not a fan of Infidelity
1.6k 6 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethereal Scent — Third Floor — Private VIP Room

 

Lucas was born under the light of the God of War and Conflict. Though his demeanor did not match his faith, he managed to graduate and gain the title of a Priest. He was posted at the infantile Region of Leian to replace Priest, who had fallen mysteriously.

 

He expected it to be challenging to take over a Church. He faced criticism and jeers, and even today, he is besieged on all fronts by those who wish to lead a Church. However, all of that schemes and insults amount to naught in front of the challenge before him. The Demon that Lucas could only turn around and run from, Socializing.

 

"A Priest going into a brothel? How scandalous." a woman whispered to his ears, "But Alicia like that...."

 

"Thi-This is not by choice... so please get off of me...."

 

Lucas' eyes trembled, as did his hands. He could feel her breath on his neck, her hands on his chest. The woman's name Alicia sat on his thighs. Lucas got a better whiff of her scent, even better look at her azure eyes. His heartbeat became faster; his blood flowed to places he didn't want it to go. His face became red, and his "faith" grew.

 

"You still won't touch little ol' me?" Alicia giggled in amusement, this was the first time she got so close to a customer, yet Lucas remained unmoved. Alicia was new to Ethereal Scent, but she's already made a name for herself, and no one could resist her charm.

 

'Yet this virgin is!' she found it interesting, curious, and a challenge, 'I shall not lose. You shall spoil me as everyone should!'

 

Even women of the entertainment business have pride, "Come on… play with Alicia…."

 

Lucas' eyes widened as Alicia guided his hand to her chest.

 

The beast within him roared, but he bit the inside of his mouth until he drew blood, "Beautiful Lady, ge-get away from me!" Lucas pushed Alicia away.

 

"Ooohh, how gentle~ oh my~ what is that poking at me? Oh, you're already so excited. How naughty." 

 

Lucas pressed his thighs together and looked away, ashamed.

 

"Ple-please get away from me… I… I am a person of the Church. Such frivolity shall not stand!"

 

"Oh? I like a man with a great conviction." 

 

Alicia would not allow for her to be defeated!

 

"Si-sister Aegis!? Your Divine Presence!? He-help me!" Lucas called for help.

 

He was ignored.

 

Aegis didn't pay him any attention watching the expression of her Saint, 'He rented a private room, refreshments, and it might seem like he's here to have fun, but he has sent away all that tried to approach him. He must be thinking something deeply! Wait, is he testing our faith and devotion? Could this be a test!? But, why? Wait, according to ancient records, the Fate Saint see things differently. That they only see the best and worst in the world so that he can choose the lead the believers to a bountiful future.

 

'Then, how can one lead the world to a bountiful future if bribes can corrupt the people of the Church? If the Holy Followers cannot be above frivolities and temptations. Then, could it be that bringing us here was a deliberate choice? So that he can see if we are worthy of continuing to serve the Gods? Is this his plan!? That could only be it! After all, he even asked the woman serving him to leave! Ho-how amazing for him to use this deprave place to test the representatives of the Church and himself. He is trying to show us that to serve; we must first be free of temptations! As expected of the Fate Saint!" Aegis was in awe of Theo's genius.

 

As for Theo, his mind had longed wandered to a distant place after he asked the girl to get away from him. Since then, Theo had carried a severe expression with him, 'It's not working.'

 

His thoughts were so.

 

[Self-Scan Completed]

 

[Status: Your penis is still soft]

 

He confirmed with his own eyes, hand, and even the system.

 

'Hmmm, the tissues are undamaged, and I far from stress and angry… scratch that, I am always angry and irritated. I have been drinking for more than five years every day, without fail to numb the pain. My liver did take a toll but was cleansed when I ascended as a Saint. That leaves me without any more reason why I cannot get it up. No, there's one more reason, and that's my decreasing libido levels. Do I not want to have sex? The answer is an astounding no. It's a good way to pass the time, after all, So WHY!?.'

 

Theo had been going around the topic in his head after all the failures. He received a lap dance from three women, was hand-fed like a King, given drinks, felt the touch, and was still uninterested. He even surprised everyone by showing his identity if he could get off through sheer arrogance alone and showing off, to no avail.

 

'Dammit, and I even went there to get serviced while being engaged. Even after putting my beliefs on the line, I still have nothing to show.' Theo doesn't have anything against brothels; it was just that so many he had been in several establishments from different worlds.

 

Theo had just about of them, but it appears that lustful overlord assholes have a thing for women instead of finding a wife and just shutting up and living a quiet life. In the end, Theo just doesn't care for them anymore.

 

Besides, he was also engaged to Rose, making it even more distasteful. If not for the sake of "research," Theo wouldn't even think of coming here, yet he still went to confirm his suspicions.

 

He sighed, 'This was a waste of time.'

 

"Hooh, I thought my ears were failing me when my beloved ladies said that the Saint of Fate has visited my humble establishment, but it appears his Divine Presence has graced us with his appearance."

 

A sultry voice ate away at his ears, taking away Theo from his thoughts.

 

A newly arrived woman dressed in extravagant robes was by the door. She was beautiful, with skin as beautiful as jade and entrancing deep blue eyes. Around her neck was a fur scarf. 

 

Theo didn't react much to her appearance.

 

"Owner Ambrosia!" the women in the booth all raised their booth in glee, seeing the owner.

 

'Ambrosia, does it mean to be beautiful forever? A little presumptuous, but it's kinda fitting.' 

 

By the door was Ambrosia smiling sweetly to Theo. 

 

"Who the hell is this chick?" Theo whispered to himself.

 

"Might I be able to give his Divine Presence the answer he seeks?" Aegis, who intently listened to what her Saint would say, caught his words.

 

She weirded out Theo, but he just let it go, "...yeah, sure, why not."

 

"She is a woman known throughout the Region of Leian and perhaps even in the neighboring Kingdoms and Empires. She controls the Night Life of our City and is embroiled in different businesses. She's the lone flower that blooms at night, guiding women and appearing as their guardian. She's known as Ambrosia, the Queen of the Night. The object of envy for women and the desires for men."

 

'Too much, but I can see it.' Theo remarked to himself after listening to Aegis speak so highly of Ambrosia.

 

Her sapphire eyes that are deeper than the deepest trenches bring men to their knees, crying to be gazed upon, to be brought into a fantasia. Even hardened mercenaries feel weak in the knees with a single touch. 

 

"She is a beauty unmatched by none." Aegis followed.

 

'Meh, Rose is prettier… what the fuck am I talking about?' Theo cursed at his nonsense, 'Are you making me say this?'

 

[You know very well how many layers of restrictions you placed upon me.]

 

"Sister Aegis humbles me." Ambrosia curtsied at Theo, "Ambrosia presents himself to his Divine Presence the Fate Saint. Will his Divine Presence give me the honors of serving you this Fateful Night?"

 

Murmurs quickly appeared around Theo. They could not believe what they had just heard.

 

"Did Lady Ambrosiay offer to entertain someone?"

 

"Did the Fate Saint come here for her?"

 

"Could it be?" 

 

From murmurs to a giant leap of logic.

 

"No thanks, I'm to leave already." but Theo just shot her down without a moment's hesitation.

 

"Could it be that you find me dull? Am I not worthy to serve his Divine Presence?" said Ambrosia flashing the cold Fate Saint two saddened gems on the verge of tears.

 

'The puppy eyes, classic.' Theo still couldn't care any more, "Nothing like that; it's just that I already learned what I needed to know. I was just about to leave when you arrived, so don't take it the wrong way, okay?"

 

With her clothes hugging her body, she moved towards, "Oh? That's a shame, but, might I ask, is your findings... fruitful?" 

 

Aegis' ears perked up. She waited intently for Theo to answer.

 

"…disappointed." He shot the women in the room a look and even at Alicia, who was a rising star of the business, "…utterly disappointed."

 

Aegis flinched, 'Da-dammit, did Lucas' slight of weakness make us fail? He's getting me in trouble with his cowardice, no… wait… but of course! Fate is connected to everyone, not just myself. It was not Lucas who made a mistake, but me!'

 

The light opened to Aegis' mind, 'By abandoning him to his fate… I became no different from traitors. By leaving my fellowmen, I allowed myself to be tainted with greed and desire to be acknowledged. I… I have blundered!' Aegis almost choked as she forced her tears to stifle.

 

Theo did not even know a drama was brewing inside Aegis as he had his own problems.

 

He went to Ethereal Scent because of their outstanding services, but he was left disappointed, 'Sigh*, it was nothing but wasted time and effort. I heard this place had "entertainers" and not just prostitutes.' 

 

Having worked in the pleasure business, Theo does not look down upon those who sell their bodies. On the contrary, they have earned respect.

 

He knows how rough the work is and how much bullshit they have to receive from the narrow-minded.

 

They are far better than those who resort to stealing and banditry who take the lives of others. In some sense, Theo prefers them from mercenaries and politicians.

 

However, Theo does not see the women of Ethereal Scent as entertainers. To him, to be a true "entertainer" and not just "prostitute”, there are values to be met. Theo thought that Ethereal Scent would fulfill these criteria; alas, he's left disappointed.

 

"Aiya, that is not good. If we fail to entertain the Saint, then our reputation will plummet. Please, why not give our establishment another chance?" Ambrosia bowed towards Theo and sent him a playful look.

 

Theo stared her in the eyes and then a quick look at his crotch, 'Yeah, it's not working.'

 

Theo walked past Ambrosia, saying, "No need, I already ascertained what I need to see. Doing more will be unnecessary."

 

'Maybe I should drink some aphrodisiac… yeah, not going to happen. My heart is still too weak, and this body doesn't have poison immunity; I might die "standing." Poison immunity is more expensive than making a cure, so aphrodisiacs will have to wait. I'll make the cure to my… disability as soon as possib—' 

 

Theo looked at Ambrosia holding his hand. A red light appeared at the center of his eyes. 

 

Ambrosia moved close to his ears. Her scent wafted over to Theo; her warmth reached and touched him, "Would his Divine Presence please honor me by staying? I will be sure to serve you, well, intensely, without fail."

 

"I—" 

 

Ambrosia smirked as her eyes turned to slits like a serpent's.

 

'You think I'm letting you leave!? I didn't think I'd have to resort to something like this for a wastrel like you, but I will miss this chance! You will fall for me, you arrogant bastard!'

 

In front of her beauty and allure, Saint or not, all men were the same.

 

A servant for her to command, that's what Theo should be. 

 

Theo leaned over to her ears.

 

"Yes, your Divine Presence?" 

 

She bit her lips in excitement.

 

'Ah~ how delightful, I did not expect to have a Saint as a servant. With him at my beck and call, I'd finally be able to achieve what I set out to do in this small land!'

 

Ambrosia could already imagine the future.

 

However...

 

"I will rip your throat from your ass if you do that again." oozing with rampaging killing intent, Theo whispered Ambrosia's first and final warning.

 

Ambrosia's eyes widened as she heard Theo speak.

 

Someone actually managed to fend off the effects of her touch?

 

She looked him in the eyes but quickly averted her gaze upon seeing his.

 

But Theo began thinking, and his anger-filled face turned around. Filled with joy, he once again whispered to Ambrosia's ears, and seconds later, her previously bright complexion turned lost its color.

 

"Ho-how did you…." A lump was stuck on her neck as she looked in terror at the Saint before her.

 

"Little girl, did you think I wouldn't notice something so glaringly obvious? I know a lot of things, though I did not expect to meet one so casually like this." Theo snickered.

 

The two people talking casually earlier immediately turned to a weird atmosphere. 

 

The Ambrosia, known for her elegance and composure, was starting to break.

 

Once, five noblemen rushed to the City of Fang to get the chance to change their beauty. They desired nothing more than to spend a night of drinking with her. In the end, the seven fought who could be by her side, blood was drawn, but Ambrosia just watched with composure to the silliness of men.

 

There was also the time Ambrosia subdued a drunk and saved her employee. 

 

She even slapped a Nobleman who was throwing his weight around in her establishment.

 

Not once had she been seen rattled. Ambrosia methodically shuts down everyone and watches them dance on her palms.

 

She was an image of power for women in the pleasure business. She reminded them that even they have pride, but now, Ambrosia's facade has started fading.

 

"Yo-you… what do you want?" she couldn't even articulate properly.

 

The fear in her eyes was genuine, but Theo had not even done anything.

 

Ambrosia approached him from what the others saw, but even after pushing him, Theo rejected her offer.

 

'Wha-what luster of divinity! Not only did he push back the enemy of every man —lust — but he now stands face to face with such beauty without being fazed! Such confidence! Such divinity! Truly, worthy of being called a Saint!' Aegis rambled on in her mind.

 

Without knowing how high the pedestal he was standing on already was, Theo just laughed at his discovery and how the inner workings of this world work.

 

"I apologize, Lady Ambrosia; as I said before, I only came here to check on something. Nevertheless, even if I weren't, I wouldn't be able to accept your proposition. An engaged man seen in the pleasure quarters is already demeaning to his partner; I cannot further stain her name with my foolishness. Ill-intent or not, to be in a room with a woman as beautiful as you would be nothing more than me being an asshole, and I don't want that. This engagement is yet to be confirmed, but I do not plan on doing anything scandalous that may shame my other half. I especially dislike infidelity, you see. Oh, would you look at that? I am rambling on again, you two, we're going." He meant every word.

 

"Ye-yes, your Divine Presence!" Aegis responded quickly. 

 

Lucas slipped away from Alicia's hold without saying much.

 

She could already see his intentions; Aegis was all the more in awe of Theo. 

 

'That speech confirms my thoughts. The Saint of Fate values respect, righteousness, morality, and the sacredness of loyalty. I now see 

 

The three left Ethereal Scent using the main road.

 

This time, Theo didn't bother covering his face. There was no need.

 

They received a lot of attention, but Theo didn't care and just walked away with a yawn.

 

He came in feeling stressed with a bleak future ahead of him, but, now, he found something to cling to, 'I met a stupid one, gahahaha! What a bloody idiot, showing her hands like that!? But seriously, what kind of devilish luck is this? I go to a brothel to see if I can get a response, and I find something so useful.'

 

He reckons she never failed before, thus her absolute confidence. Only time would tell what kind of things Theo would make someone like Ambrosia would do.

 

'But still, I didn't think I'd be able to slip in that speech in the middle of such a conversation. Well, that's luck, I guess. Once the rumor spreads around tonight around the city, that speech should be enough to ward off any intention of the ass-lickers coming here with the intent of offering marriage.' 

 

Theo did not like being a Saint.

 

It attracts too many eyes.

 

It makes his movement limited.

 

Most of all, he becomes someone a target for marriage.

 

However, he's already in a position where he can't do anything about it, so the only thing to do was cover his own ass.

 

Complaining wouldn't do much, after all.

 

He went to the pleasure quarters to do two things.

 

The first is to check if he can or can't "salute," —which he confirmed negative.

 

Second to hurt his image to the representative, especially the Fate Sect's Representative.

 

'I managed to insert a speech in between that's also a win I didn't think I'd get. Though that speech seemed to have earned me some good boy points, surely, ordering prostitutes would be extremely offensive to this Aegis woman… she's even a girl. Well, walking around the city like this should make her embarrass and erase any chance of respect from her.' He thought to himself with a yawn.

 

Lucas left exhausted and on the verge of collapsing.

 

Theo left laughing in hysterics inside, thinking of the leverage he got on one of the most prominent underground workers and at his crumbling image.

 

Aegis left with inextinguishable newfound respect to the depth of Theo's divine self.

 

All in all, Theo won and lost at the same time.

 

"Salute!"

 

"Mm?" Theo was taken from his daydreams and into despair. From joy to annoyance, his expression twisted faster than a dracolite could fly, "Dammit, more annoyance?"

 

Theo grumbled.

 

"The Crimson Knights greets his Divine Presence!" Grant and the other Knights behind him greeted.

 

"Crimson Knights?" 

 

Standing in the middle of his path to his home was a group of snot-nosed arrogant pricks adorned in majestic armors. Theo looked at them, especially at the man in the middle.

 

He creased his brows and walked towards Grant to get a better look.

 

"Hmm, you look familiar…."

 

Grant proudly smiled, "Yes, if his Divine Presence can remember, we met back in the Bastion of Bastille Court to exchange pointe—"

 

"Stop right there; I lost a big chunk of my memories to fight a Demon so I can't remember much about my past. No, I think I saw you recently."

 

'A Demon!?' Aegis and the others yelped. 

 

Without even noticing what he just blurted out, Theo scoured his memories.

 

"That's it! I remember now!"

 

He snapped his fingers in realization!

 

"You're from yesterday! The one who was crying while flying away in that Pegasus!"

 

"Yes—yes, that's me." Grant wanted to cry again.

Sorry for my abrupt disappearance.

The schedule for this story shall be every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday

Rate 5, Review, and Favorite to support the story, or just join the Patreon for advance chapters

59