Chapter 4
28 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From there, he did exactly what he said in the interview. He shot himself with the gun every time a layer of blood appeared, which seemed to protect him.

He cleaned the house up, specifically the living room, which was covered in blood. This might sound hard, but with just the thought of cleaning up, all the blood in the vicinity was absorbed into him. He couldn't absorb all of it, so some of the blood covered him.

From there, Adam carried his parents into their bedroom, and he shoved the man into the closet.

After cleaning up, Adam sat on top of his parents, waiting for them to wake up.

As time passed, Adam started to understand what had actually happened that day. His parents weren't sleeping. He had killed them.

He wasn't sure what happened that night, but he had somehow gained the power to control blood.

He wasn't the only one to have powers too. Sarah and Dean, they had powers too. That's why they were so close.

___

"Dean, he's doing it again," Sarah said, tapping Dean's shoulder.

"Hold on, I got this," Dean started winding up his arm. "3, 2, 1."

With a loud smack, Dean hit the back of Adam's head.

"Ouch, what was that for?" Adam asked, rubbing the back of his head.

"You were doing it again. Every time you get reminded of your past, you blank out. How many times do we have to tell you to move on?" asked Sarah.

"Yeah, well, it ain't that easy ok. I killed my parents, and when I realized, I wasn't even affected. It's like when I gained this power, I lost a part of myself."

Dean coughed. "Adam, you're not the only one whose powers have hurt someone. I killed at least a hundred people when I was asleep, and I didn't even know. Sarah killed a theatre full of people. We've all hurt people, which is probably why we get along so well, but we all gotta move on someday."

Adam nodded, putting his head down.

Sarah, sensing the gloomy atmosphere, tried to find a way to cheer the two up.

"What is this? A group therapy session? Stop being so sad, and look what I found. I finally found what we were looking for."

"Uhhh, what were we looking for again?" Dean asked.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Other individuals with powers, duh."

"Haven't we already found that? In total, in this school, there are 20 people with powers, including us."

"No, that's not what I meant. You know how we always wondered why the public wasn't aware of people with powers? I finally found the reason, and Adam was right."

The three always did find it weird. There was no way that they were the only ones in the whole world with supernatural abilities. They were proven correct when they found someone else who had the power to control fire, but that didn't explain how the public was unaware of people's abilities.

Most kids in their high school they knew had powers did their best to keep it hidden, but that was only their school.

Imagine if a criminal discovered they had powers, it wouldn't be impossible to say that they would use said powers to do crime, yet there was a lack of powered criminals in the news. The three looked everywhere and found nothing.

So Adam had a theory. He theorized that someone was obviously covering up these supernatural cases. It was either the government, or another organization, or even multiple organizations.

Adam smiled. "I knew it! I mean, it made sense, right? How else was there no mention on the internet about superpowers, real ones? So who is covering up these cases?"

"Multiple organizations actually, but before I tell you, there's something huge that you should know," Sarah said.

"Well, get on with it," Dean said impatiently.

"There's a whole society of powerful individuals, and there are approximately 250 million members of this society. They help out kids that just gained their powers, helping them control it," Sarah revealed.

"Are you serious?! This is the best discovery ever. Tell me more! What else do they do? Oh, I know, there are super-powered cops, right?" Dean asked.

"Yes, ordinary people obviously won't be able to defend themselves against superpowers. Some schools specialize in teaching powered individuals. Oh, and get this, they even have their own social media and their own news," Sarah answered.

"This is amazing, but it's a shame that we were missing out on superpower schools." Dean paused. "Wait a minute, if they help out kids, then how come we haven't been contacted? It's been almost 10 years since we gained our powers, and I have yet to see a message."

"If I had to guess, it's probably because we were actively trying to hide our powers, and they never suspected us," Adam added.

"That makes sense, so how do we join this secret society?" Dean asked. "Maybe I can find some hot super babes."

Sarah punched Dean's shoulder as he laughed. "Shut up, you perv. Anyway, you know the new girl in our class? She has powers, and she helped sign us up."

Sarah explained to the two that the new girl, whose name was Olivia was a part of an organization called Valhalla. Every year for 6 months, a school for powered individuals opens, and Olivia was going to help sign them up as it was opening soon.

"This sounds well and good, Sarah, but this sounds too good to be true. Are you sure this Olivia person can be trusted?" Adam asked.

Dean agreed. He wasn't the brightest tool or sharpest tool in the shed, but Dean knew when something sounded fishy.

"Oh, you guys are worrying about nothing," Sarah said, trying to get rid of their concerns. "While I do agree it sounds too good to be true, it's not like they'll be able to do anything to us."

"You can't be sure of that, Sarah. We might be a little strong, but we're only what, 18 or 19 years old? There's bound to be people that are not only stronger but have more experience than us," Adam argued.

"Yeah, well, we're stronger. Just listen. Dean, you have control of one of the four fundamental forces. Adam, you're practically unkillable, and that's only one part of your power. And finally... me. I can kill anyone without even looking at them. All they need is to hear me," Sarah argued back.

"Fine, fine, we'll trust you." Dean stood up, patting his butt since they were sitting on the grass. "All this talk is getting me hungry. Let's go get some food."

Adam stood up, fixing his hair. "Sarah, I hope you're right."

Sarah smiled, giving Dean and Adam a hug. "Everything will be just fine."

7