Chapter 12
13 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Everything?" Morgan asked, shocked by the sudden discovery.

Aphrodite smiled. "That's right. Everything. The world of High Humans and Humans will merge, and a new age will come."

"But how do you know this?" Morgan asked.

"Have you heard of the famous Fortune Teller of the West?" Aphrodite asked.

Morgan nodded. She has heard of him. The Fortune Teller of the West was famous for his prophecies that no matter what came true. "Yes, I have. I've heard all of his prophecies have come true."

Aphrodite giggled. "Yes, all of them have come true, but he has only a little control of his powers. Most of the prophecies he gives aren't very useful, but they will come true. Out of all the prophecies, he gives though, a small percentage are useful. One of these prophecies was the Apocalypse. The news of this spread throughout High Human society, but many didn't believe it."

Morgan nodded. "It's understandable. Many High Humans believe themselves superior to normal Humans, and the thought of Humans gaining access to the Aether was most likely something they didn't like."

"Yes, you understand. The Fortune Teller saw portals of various colors and sizes appear around the world. Otherworldly creatures emerged from these portals, causing great destruction in the world, but the Fortune Teller also noticed something interesting. There was a robotic voice, calling itself 'The System.'"

___

2 days have passed since Adam's victory over Anna, and most of the members in Valhalla have heard of his name, and wanting to test him, many people asked to spar with Adam.

Adam won most of the spars, his undying body winning the stamina battle, but he wasn't unbeatable.

A few high-ranking members of Valhalla also wished to test Adam's strength. The result of the spar was obvious. They weren't high ranked for nothing, and getting beat by a person who doesn't even have an Aether technique was out of the question.

They did praise his vitality though, but there were still ways to deal with that. For example, Dana, Karl's assistant, simply knocked out Adam.

Dana was way too fast for Adam to follow. It was like she was teleporting, but he knew that wasn't the case. He felt her move physically, tracking her blood, but his body was too slow to react. It didn't matter if he had the fastest reaction time in the world. If his body couldn't move fast enough, there was nothing he could do.

Another placed Adam in an illusion of sorts. From there, he was knocked out.

The high-ranking members of Valhalla all used various techniques, all of which would help Adam grow as he realized his weaknesses.

Being so strong without an Aether technique, Valhalla tried to recruit Adam, promising strong Aether techniques that would make other people jealous of him. Valhalla offered to show the techniques that he could get, which Adam accepted since he was curious about Aether techniques.

Adam had no plans to join Valhalla, but it didn't hurt to check what they were offering him.

The techniques were interesting, with some giving him the power of lightning. One for flames, but there was none he wanted. One that he felt suited him. It was okay since Adam was planning on creating his own technique.

On creating his own technique, Adam asked some of the high-ranking members of Valhalla how it was done. They revealed that he would have to first master the most basic of Aether techniques, which was taught to everyone globally.

Of course, Adam asked to be taught this, but the person said that Donar would teach him himself once his friends woke up.

Adam was a bit sad he couldn't learn it now, but learning it with Dean and Sarah would also be good. Like him, he wouldn't be surprised if Dean and Sarah wanted to make their own techniques.

One more day passed, and Adam was called to the hospital ward as Dean and Sarah have apparently woken up.

Adam didn't skip a beat as he made his way to the hospital ward immediately, opening the door as he was greeted by Dean and Sarah sitting in their hospital bed.

"Well, look who joined us," Karl said, looking at Adam. "You should tell your friend to calm down a bit. He was fighting almost everyone in the building."

As always, Dana followed Karl everywhere he went.

"Hey, they asked to spar with me. It's the other way around," Adam said, correcting him.

Dean and Sarah started laughing.

"How were they, though? Were they strong?" Dean asked.

Adam nodded. "Yeah... there are lots of strong people, which is why we need to get stronger."

Karl chuckled. "Well, lucky for you. Donar is coming here. Once he arrives, he'll teach you the most basic Aether technique and give you all the information you need to survive High Human society."

Karl wrote down a couple things on a piece of paper before getting up to leave. "Well, I should leave you guys alone to catch up. Your friends should be fine now. It only took a bit because the attack disrupted the natural Aether in their body."

Adam nodded, saying his thanks as Karl and Dana left the room.

"So, how do you guys feel?" Adam asked.

"Like I'm having the best hangover right now," Sarah replied.

"I know what you mean. I feel like shit, but at the same time, I'm full of energy and feel like I could do anything," Dean said, elaborating on the feeling.

As Dean was talking, Adam noticed that Dean's missing arm had been restored. "It's probably a side-effect of Karl healing you. When I woke up, you were missing your left arm."

"I was?" Dean asked.

Adam nodded. "But hey, it's back like it was never gone."

The three talked amongst themselves, Adam catching them up on what has happened while they were asleep.

He told them how his first day here, he sparred someone beating them, a woman named Anna who had the nickname, "The Serpent's Fang."

3