Chapter 2: The Average Student Meets the Bored Goddess
340 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andreas sat in his first class as usual. He considered skipping his next few. He was over college anyway. The only reason he didn't skip this one, was because it was a world literature class. 

Andreas wasn't good at much, but he did love old books. His family owns a bookstore in town, and are constantly bringing him some of their antique collection. Andreas couldn't get enough.

The girl to Andreas' right looked like she was concentrating hard. Her red hair was tied up in a messy ponytail that fell over the back of the chair nearly to the floor. Her pen moving ferociously across her notepad.

What does she even need to take notes on, the teacher is just telling a story about her past. Andreas thought.

The girl stopped, and turned her head. Andreas instantly looked away, hoping he wasn't caught. Before he knew it, the girl had scooted close to him.

"Psst!" she whispered. "Hey, I know you hear me."

Andreas turned to her. From up close he couldn't find a flaw in her face. Her wide, red eyes were trained on Andreas. He could even smell the sweet perfume she was wearing.

"Do you know if any of this is gonna be on the test?" She asked.

Is she serious? Andreas thought, trying to process the girl's question.

The girl continued to look at Andreas, her confused eyes waiting eagerly for his answer. Andreas just shook his head, and the girl sat back in her chair. Andreas could definitely tell her favorite color was red. Her dark red shirt and skirt was all one piece. Around her waist was a loose, brown, leather belt. Something that really caught Andreas' attention was the crimson book with strange black markings that hung from a clip on the belt. In all the years he's spent around books, he's never seen one like that before. He dismissed it as some kind of custom journal or diary.

The teacher dismissed the class by giving a partner assignment. Andreas was probably going to blow it off like he did with most other group projects. He wasn't really that good at talking to other people, especially girls. Before he could reach the door, however, the girl stopped him again.

"You're obviously good at this class." She stated. "You're gonna be my partner for this project. Give me your address and I'm coming over."

Well that was bold of her. Andreas thought, but now he had other things on his mind. A girl wanted to come to his house. Score!

"Uh sure." Andreas said, awkwardly. He wrote down his address and gave it to the girl.

I don't even know this girl's name. Andreas thought, but before he could ask her, she was gone. Whatever, I'll ask her at my house later.

Andreas decided to skip the rest of his day. He had to prepare for his project date!

Is it really a date though?

On the way home he got a call from his parents. They were going on a trip, and probably won't be back for a couple of months.

Typical. Probably going overseas for another auction.

Aside from owning a bookstore, Andreas' parents were collectors. They travel around the world, and buy historical books to add to their collection. Sometime it takes a couple days, but other times it takes a few months. Once they were gone for a whole year.

Andreas walked into his house, a one story farmhouse his parents bought just to live a peaceful life. It was a decent size, for what it was. The living room and dining room were opened up with only a fireplace separating them. The open concept continued to the kitchen, and a large office space to the left of the living room. All the floors other than the linoleum of the kitchen, and the beige carpet of the living room were a finished wood.

Andreas walked into the kitchen, and on the counter was a package wrapped in brown paper. It was tied up by a piece of twine and had a piece of paper marked with Andreas' name. His parents must have found another book they thought he would like. After heating up a snack, Andreas grabbed the book and took it to his room. He put a mozzarella stick in his mouth and started unwrapping the paper on the package. When he finally broke through, he was shocked.

The book was black, and it had similar markings to the one the girl in his class had. Only the markings on this one were purple. There were chains keeping the book closed.

Must not be trying too hard to keep people out. The chains are only loosely wrapped.

Andreas moved the chains out of the way, careful not to damage the cover. He slowly opened the book, wondering what would be so secret they had to chain it closed.

When the book was fully opened, a strange blast radiated out from it, destroying his entire room. His clothes were singed, and he even had to pat a small fire out on the top of his head.

What the hell was that? He thought.

Andreas looked at the book, but the pages were empty. 

How the hell would anyone read this?

Just as Andreas was about to get up, something smashed through his roof, knocking him and the book into the wall. Standing in the wreckage was a girl. She was wearing similar clothes to the girl in Andreas' class, only this girl was wearing black. She was pointing at Andreas and...

Hey Narrator, Samira here, I think we went through this in the previous chapter, lets just skip the introductions!

Right, so Andreas stayed against the wall, confused, and kind of angry his house was destroyed.

"Goddess of Chaos?" Andreas questioned, gathering his thoughts.

Samira walked closer to him, she took one of her feet and put it against his chest.

"How the hell did you get my book?" Samira said, placing her face near his. Andreas couldn't answer. He was still stuck on her being the Goddess of Chaos. "It doesn't matter, just give it here."

Andreas didn't move, he just stared at Samira.

This girl says she's a Goddess. Andreas thought. Well she did fall through my ceiling. What's so important about this book. Damn she's pretty.

"Are you deaf, imbecile?" Samira insulted. "Hand the damn book over!"

Okay, I can do this. Andreas thought. Just be cool.

"Um why?" Andreas muttered.

Smooth.

"Did you not hear me?" Samira said, agitated. "It belongs to me! It's been too long since I've had my book, and I want it back."

"Well why did you lose it in the first place?" Andreas said, probably a little too courageously.

Samira crossed her arms and stuck her nose in the air.

Who the hell does this human think he is?  Samira thought.

"If you must know, I made a little mistake." She said. "I was sent here to retrieve it, and I get to keep it once I return, so GIVE IT BACK!"

Samira outstretched her hand, and channeled magical energy to her palm. Black fire manifested, aimed straight at Andreas' head. Samira cracked a smile.

I'm sure my father won't mind one human death. She thought.

"I'll give you one more chance." She warned. "Give me the book or burn!"

Andreas froze.

Ok she can call fire. He thought. She must really want this book back. Maybe we could cut a deal.

Andreas wasn't moving fast enough for Samira. However, just as she was about to fire off, Andreas grabbed the book and put it in front of him. Samira swerved her hand to the side, and blasted a hole in the wall next to Andreas.

You clever piece of shit! Samira thought with a sneer on her face.

"You need this book." Andreas said, slowly standing. His confidence brought on by the fiery passion of the statement he's about to make. "I'll give it back to you on one condition."

Andreas smirked, and adjusted the glasses on his face. He pointed to Samira and with all the confidence he could muster gave his condition.

"You have to become MY GIRLFRIEND!" He said.

Is this guy fucking serious?  Samira thought. Her eye twitching with agitation.

Before she could answer, a wave of energy sliced between the two of them, causing both of them to fly backwards. Samira caught herself, landing gracefully. Andreas slammed right back into the wall.

Andreas turned, and his eyes grew wide. Standing there, holding a sword larger than her whole body, her fiery red hair no longer in a ponytail, was the girl from his class. She had a big smile on her face. Red symbols, like the ones on the books, were glowing all over her body.

"I thought I sensed my big sister here!" She said. "How's it going Samira?"

Great! Samira thought sarcastically. It's my idiot little sister. Luna, the Goddess of War.

15