Chapter 5: Andreas “vs” Slumber, the Child Devout.
202 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It definitely wasn't a dream! Andreas thought as he relaxed in the lobby of a building on campus. He was skipping his least favorite class, chemistry 101.

Still, I wonder what the first thing me and my new "girlfriend" are gonna do first! Maybe I'll take her on a dinner date, or sit and watch movies all night. I could even take her to a movie.

His thoughts put a small smile on his face. Andreas laid on the small, red couch he was sitting on, pacing his hands behind his head.

Suddenly, he heard a thud come from down the hall. Andreas got up to investigate.

Why are you investigating? Andreas thought. This is how dumb asses die in horror movies.

Andreas shook his head, and continued walking towards the sound. He saw a girl collapsed on the floor. Andreas was concerned, thinking she might have passed out. He ran up to her, checking her pulse.

She's alive. Good. Maybe she has narcolepsy or something.

Andreas called out for help, but no one answered. He poked his head into a classroom, and shock filled his body. Everyone in the classroom was passed out on their desks.

What the hell is going on? Andreas got worried.

He searched the entire building, and everything was the same. Every student and teacher were all sleeping. He remembered the conversation he had with Samira and Luna before about the three Devout somewhere in the area.

Could this be one of those Devout? 

His question was soon answered. He heard footsteps walking, no, skipping through the lobby on the lower level. He peaked his head over the railing, and saw a little girl checking the sleeping girl. She turned around, locking eyes with Andreas.

Her entire face was covered in bandages beneath the black hood of her cropped, long sleeved shirt. Her exposed stomach was wrapped in the same bandages. In fact, all skin that would be exposed was wrapped in bandages. She placed her arms behind her back, somehow Andreas could tell she was smiling. She did a small twirl, her black skirt flowing gently in the breeze.

"Well, well, well." She said, her scratchy voice echoing in the quiet building. "How the hell are you not sleeping?"

She reached her hand out, and one of the bandages on her hand stretched, gripping the rail in front of Andreas. The girl pulled herself up, balancing on the railing. Now face to face with Andreas. He could see her bright purple eyes, almost like Samira's.

"I'm Slumber." She introduced. "You must be the human with the book."

This IS one of the Devout Luna and Samira warned me about! Damn, for a kid, she's scary.

Slumber grew tired of Andreas' silence.

"Aren't grown ups suppose to have manners?" She questioned. "When someone introduces themselves you introduce yourself back!"

Still, Andreas said nothing, staring into the agitated eyes of the Goddess of Death's youngest devout. Andreas knew he had to run, but didn't know if he could get away. He thought of one crazy thing he could do, that might get him a head start.

Andreas inched closer to Slumber, putting his hands on her shoulders. Slumber seemed surprised, and Andreas thought he could see her blush under those wraps.

"Sorry." He said, and immediately shoved her off the railing.

Slumber said nothing as she fell. She just gave a confused look.

Andreas took off in the other direction, his backpack bouncing with every step.

"WHAT THE HELL!" He heard her yell. "WHO THE HELL JUST PUSHES SOMEONE OFF A TWO STORY RAILING YOU ASSHOLE!"

Andreas didn't look back, he just kept running. As he turned a corner, he felt the force of something hit the wall next to him. He turned and saw one of Slumber's wraps returning to its owner after causing a large crater in the brick wall next to him.

She was chasing after him, using the wraps like a spider. Andreas took off again.

"Leave me alone before I tell your parents what you're up too!" Andreas yelled.

"Skrew you!" Slumber yelled, and sent another piece of bandage after Andreas. It struck the ground just behind him, causing him to lurch forward.

Andreas stumbled, but recovered quickly. He ran down the stairs, and back to the first floor.

I need to lose this crazy kid before she kills me! Andreas thought.

Andreas made it to the lobby. He was almost to the door, but Slumber, who must've taken a shortcut, jumped in front of him.

"Where do you think you're going dick!" She said.

"Does your mommy know you use that kind of language?" Andreas mocked. He didn't know why he kept mocking her, it just comes out without him thinking. Slumber got even more irritated than before.

"I'm gonna kick your ass." She said.

Slumber sent multiple bandages towards Andreas. There wasn't enough time for him to dodge. One of the bandages smashed into Andreas' arm, sending him flying back. Three more wraps hit Andreas in his other arm, stomach, and chest. Pain instantly filled Andreas' body. He fell to the ground, slowly able to stand.

Those are WAY harder than I thought.

"Interesting." Slumber said, tilting her head to the side. "Those would've killed a normal human."

"M-murder looks bad on a permanent record." Andreas stammered out. "Especially for someone your age."

Slumber stomped in frustration. She reached her hand out again, sending another set of wraps towards Andreas. He managed to roll away, and keep running. He was slower now, feeling the pain of the hits he took. Andreas ducked inside a classroom.

Empty, good. Maybe she didn't see me go in here. Didn't expect to die to a child.

Andreas leaned against the wall for support. Small amounts of blood coming from where the bandages struck him. So far, there was no sign of Slumber.

Suddenly, he felt himself sinking into the wall. Soon, the whole thing turned to sand. Slumber was standing on the other side. She was giggling.

"You really thought you could hide from me?" Slumber questioned. "I'm the queen of hide and seek."

"How adorable." Andreas huffed. Slumber held her hand out.

"I'm gonna enjoy this." She said. Before she could fire off her wraps, something caught her attention. Instantly, her wraps formed a ball around her as Luna came smashing in, swiping at her with a giant hammer. The ball smashed into a wall, lodging itself into the bricks. Slumber emerged from the ball.

"What's up you little shit?" Luna said, smiling, fresh from her battle with Demise. "You seem cranky, do you want a bottle or something?"

"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTIC BITCH!" Slumber yelled. "Wait, if you're here, where the hell is my brother?"

"Relax kid, baldy's fine." Luna said, placing a hand on her hip. "I just knocked him out."

Slumber looked angrily at Luna, heavily weighing the option of fighting against her.

"I'm just here to save the human." Luna said. "Kinda need the rest of them to stay sleeping, so why don't you just hop along little shit."

Slumber relaxed herself, realizing the situation she found herself in.

"I guess I'll go check on my big brother." Slumber said. She used her wraps to break through the ceiling, and jumped through it.

"Thanks Luna." Andreas said, exhausted.

"You lasted longer than I thought you would." Luna said, impressed. "I honestly thought you were asleep like the rest of them."

"That's what she said too." Andreas informed.

"Hop on my back." Luna said. "We gotta get to Samira fast."

Is she serious. Andreas thought. When she lowered herself for Andreas to get on, his face dropped. She's serious.

Andreas reluctantly jumped on Luna's back, and she effortlessly carried him through the hole in the ceiling.

They're Goddesses. Andreas thought. How much trouble could she possibly be in?

9