Chapter 6: Samira vs Acolyte, the Devout Leader.
168 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samira saw the humans dropping like flies from her perch atop the building.

Looks like they've arrived. She thought. I wonder which one is coming after me.

Of course, she already knew the answer.

Of course I know! I'm not stupid.

Samira leapt off the building, landing gracefully on the ground beneath her. She walked naturally, searching for her opponent. She carefully stepped over the sleeping humans.

I could just accidentally step on one, they won't wake up. Samira thought.

Samira found her way to an open field behind one of the buildings. No humans in sight.

Probably best I don't fight around humans. Might as well not receive my father's wrath while I'm down here.

Samira sat on the grass, sure that her opponent would find her. She was right.

"Sitting down, knowing your enemy is near." A deep voice boomed from behind her. "Bold, even for you Goddess."

Samira stood and turned around. She snickered at her opponent. Acolyte didn't look like much at first. His black hooded robe covered the hump in his back. He wears a demon mask that covers the lower half of his face. His exposed torso under the cloak was wrapped in bandages. His arms, hanging down his sides were the the only skin showing.

"Why be concerned?" Samira mocked. "I am a Goddess after all."

Acolyte laughed a deep laughter.

"Did I say something funny?" Samira said, agitated.

"You put on a good show, Goddess." Acolyte said, clapping. "You and I both know, that in your human form, you are no more than a powerful magic user. No different than me."

"What the hell did you just say to me?" Samira said, gritting her teeth.

"Of course, you could transform into your Goddess form." Acolyte continued. "However, that would most certainly destroy this entire campus and everyone in it."

Damn. He's right. Samira thought. Transforming now would spell disaster, literally. I can't risk another accident like before.

"I am still a Goddess." Samira said, returning to her calm demeanor. "Perhaps you shouldn't underestimate me."

"I wasn't the one sitting with my back to my opponent." Acolyte reminded. "Perhaps you shouldn't underestimate me. Allow me to demonstrate!"

He charged energy to his right fist and slammed it to the ground. Instantly the ground vaporized, creating a massive crater ten feet in diameter, and at least just as deep.

Samira landed at the bottom, but just as she did, Acolyte was above her, ready to strike.

She summoned her purple flame to her hand, but Acolyte quickly grabbed her hand with his left hand, absorbing the flame. The energy on his right hand grew stronger, and he used it to strike Samira in the face.

The force sent her flying to the other side of the crater, slamming into the wall, causing a crack. Samira slowly stood.

"See." Acolyte said. "I even drew blood."

Samira touched the side of her mouth and felt the warm blood.

A human hit me! Samira thought frustrated. 

Samira manifested more flames. She started throwing them at Acolyte, officially aiming to kill her opponent.

Acolyte smiled and held his left hand out, absorbing all of the flames Samira sent.

"Seems I struck a nerve." Acolyte said, after the volley. He charged more energy into his right hand.

He dashed at Samira, who managed to dodge the attack. The punch caused a force that created a massive hole in the wall behind her.

Samira rolled, and regained herself, but Acolyte was back in front of her.

Damn, he's fast!

Acolyte punched, but Samira manifested a shield to protect herself. The first fractured the ground beneath her, and still cracked the shield.

Samira caused her protection to explode out, sending Acolyte flying back.

Finally! Time for me to go on offense!

Samira dashed forward, using magic to propel herself above Acolyte. She touched his chest, and sent a blast of purple flames through her palm, knocking him to the ground.

Samira flipped off, not ready to let him up. She raised her hand to the sky, and charged it with purple lightning. She shot a bolt to the sky, that instantly came rocketing back down to where Acolyte landed, causing a small explosion.

Acolyte stood as the dust settled. Some cuts leaking slight amounts of blood.

"Tell me that's not all you have." He mocked. "You're really disappointing me."

Samira winced in anger. She rushed in again, purple flame in hand.

I have to fight this like a physical type. She deduced. He'll just absorb my ranged attacks.

Acolyte grabbed one of her hands with his left hand, absorbing the flame from that one, however, he couldn't block the second hit. Samira sent a blast of fire directly at him.

Acolyte didn't waver, however. He held on to Samira's other hand through the hit.

What the hell is going on?

Acolyte used his right hand to punch Samira in her gut, filling her mouth with bile. She flew backwards, rolling along the ground. Samira stood, slowly. Her body feeling the effect of Acolyte's attacks.

I need to end this soon. Samira thought. I can't believe I'm actually struggling with this. If I had my book this guy would be toast. I didn't think I would have to try this hard.

Samira gathered magic throughout her entire body, increasing her power. Purple flames started forming around her. She opened her eyes, a fierce glow coming from the deep purple.

"Oh." Acolyte mocked. "Are you planning on getting serious now?"

"You were right before when you said that I can't use my Goddess form here." Samira said. "I can't use it at all without my book. However, I still have tricks up my sleeve. I won't lose to someone like you!"

"Big words from someone on the defensive." Acolyte said. Samira smiled.

Samira's magical power started to cause the ground around her to crumble. Even Acolyte started to notice.

"There are three Goddesses with power that surpasses that of even the God of Time." Samira said, outstretching her hand. "There's Luna, the Goddess of War. Pracille, the Goddess of Order. Then there's the strongest of the three."

Acolyte prepared his left hand, ready for Samira's attack.

"The strongest of the three." Samira continued. "The Goddess of Chaos, Samira!"

Samira expelled a massive blast of purple flames. Acolyte tried to absorb the blast, but even he couldn't. The force sent him flying into the wall of the crater. He didn't stop there. It pushed him through the wall, forcing him another five feet back. A small canyon remained in the wake.

I hope I didn't overdo it. Samira thought.

Luna and Andreas arrived behind her in the crater.

"You didn't kill him did you?" Luna asked. "You tend to get carried away easily."

Acolyte limped from the crevasse, barely able to stand. Soon, Slumber and Demise showed up by his side. Demise was rubbing the back of his head, just waking up from the knock out blow given to him by Luna.

"So what the hell is Thalia thinking, sending you three clowns after us?" Luna snipped.

"Like we would tell you!" Slumber snipped back. Andreas shivered when he heard her voice.

"Oh you're going to talk!" Samira said, walking forward, her magic surrounding her again. "One way, or another."

Slumber kept her mouth shut, taking a slight step back. Samira raised her hand, preparing another blast. Acolyte stepped forward.

"That's enough." He said. "We weren't sent for you, per say."

"What the hell does that mean?" Samira asked.

"The book was promised to our Goddess." Acolyte informed. "We simply came to collect it. You being here was simply a complication we had to deal with."

Samira's blood started to boil.

What the hell does he mean my book was promised to her? Samira thought. I swear if that bitch Pracille is behind this, I'm going to kill her!

"And who the hell thinks they can promise MY book to someone?" Samira snipped.

"We were not told that detail." Acolyte informed. "All we know, is that we were supposed to retrieve the book and return it to our Goddess."

Samira's mind was racing at a million miles an hour.

I'm gonna kick her emo ass! Samira stomped. What the hell is she thinking? Who the hell promised her my book?

Samira lowered her hand.

"You're gonna go back to my confused sister." Samira announced. "You're gonna tell her that if she wants my book, she can come get it herself. However, if she comes, tell her I plan to defend it."

Samira started to walk away, and motioned for the Luna and Andreas to follow. She turned her head back to Thalia's Devout.

"Oh and if I see the three of you again," She said. "I don't plan on holding back."

9