Chapter 20 – The Forthcoming
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20 – The Forthcoming

Supreme became dumbfounded. The woman of his dream – she who gave him inspiration and motivation to be the best and do the right thing – was now dying in his arms. Her mask tumbled down and broke into pieces.

Just like what was occurring in his heart.

This was the reason why Supreme didn’t want to remove or break her mask. The familiar feelings… He kept ignoring it over and over, trying to tell himself that she wasn’t the one he was chasing for.

A gut-wrenching-pain filled roar exited his mouth. She shouldn’t die. And not by his own hands!

She was the most righteous person he ever met. All she wished for was a different world. Even her words still echoed in his ears to this day.

“I want to change the world. But I’m too powerless… a woman… no authority… and less than any smart person.”

“All I have is my will!”

“Do you want to see the world becomes a better place?” She looked him, straight in the eyes. She smirked.

“I’ll study hard! Surpass my limits! I’m too young and inexperienced! But with these hands, I’ll change the world!”

Her face changed suddenly. “Day by day. Night after night. I’m still haunted by the same dreams!”

“My birth parents abandoned me! Pass one family to another! Yet all I see is nothing but darkness! No warmth! No familial feeling!”

“They are all the same! Greed, wrath, pride… and even lust! These sins appeared time and time again! There’s no inch in my body that doesn’t scream from desperation!” Supreme shivered. He couldn’t imagine what she suffered to say these words.

Her face wore such a youthful image yet the words coming out of her mouth were something even adults couldn’t handle. They were just sixteen years old back then. She should have been a naïve girl, only thinking about her youth and stuff. But then, she transcended it.

Supreme’s heart constricted, not knowing where to vent all the feelings he was experiencing due to her. And what she said next… destroyed all his boundaries.

“But those things didn’t make me hopeless.”

“It was those people sitting on the high seats!!!” She roared, not minding her looks. As if she didn’t care if he understood her or not. As if… she was just talking to herself! Reminding her past, and furthering her motivation!

“They mocked me. Not a care if I grovel on their feet. Sitting on the top while looking at me like I’m just a bug! They even offered to help by giving me to them! I’m just a child back then!!!”

“They are the worst! The reason why I think humanity is hopeless!” A streak of blood fell from her eyes.

“But…” She stammered. A gentle expression emerged from her always stoic face. “As I sink into the pitch-black darkness, suddenly, a hand reached out to me.”

“My father, Emanuel.”

“He cared for me. Even though I’m used, damaged, and dirty, he still cared for me!”

“He loved me even though I’m not related to him! Like a true daughter, he loved me with all his heart!”

“People bullied me, but he stood there in my place! Yet, not even a groan, a sound… or any movement could be seen, even though steel and flesh strike him without hesitation. His back faces them… And he was just looking at me the whole time.”

“His expression… is warm.”

“He said, you are my daughter.” Tears fell down her face. A ray of rare sunshine appeared on her face.

“What’s yours is mine. And what’s mine is yours. Your pain, your suffering… I’ll shoulder them all! Thus, I’ll give you my back, my hands, and my heart! I’ll protect you even if it cost me my life!”

“He said that to me!”

“He’s the greatest person ever! No man can be better than him!”

“Thus… I want my voice to reach across the globe! So that people like him won’t be hurt anymore! So that others such as myself won’t suffer!”

“I’ll educate myself! Empower – my mind, heart, spirit, and body! To become a voice! A bringer of justice!”

“I was born in an unjust world. And I don’t want to die doing nothing!”

“A local youth leader, or a president, or anything necessary, I’m willing to do what others won’t do!”

“Red… a symbol for baptism. A snake for sins. The skull symbolizes my will to do anything whatever it takes. Together, it means… I shall baptize the world of all its sins.” She murmured.

Too bad, Supreme didn’t hear what she said last. All he could hear, no, her words of defiance against the world rang like thunder in his ears! Of how she wanted to change it!

And thus, it was the start of his journey too.

He reached out with his always strong grip but now trembling. He lifted her up and strode towards the ambulance amidst the weird stares from the officers.

“What are you doing?” Shouted by the Mayor’s assistant. She got lucky to be alive and thus, harbored resentment towards the terrorists.

Supreme paused and turned his head around. He shot her with a biting cold stare and spat with his most placid voice.

“I’m taking her home.” Not only the woman, but everyone paled seeing his expression.

Supreme didn’t bother anymore second and pulled himself to the car. He placed the woman of his life on the stretcher as gently as possible. Scanning her from head to toe… her lips which kissed him with so much passion… and the eyes who drew him to her. Everything remained.

Only her life wasn’t.

His always strong and stoic expression crumbled at this moment.

2