Chapter 25 – In school
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25 – In school

“Do you know Illinois?” One girl hurriedly pulled her classmate and whispered in her ear. The girl nodded and scanned her surroundings. She also whispered.

“He’s the most handsome and smartest kid in the entire grade. Too bad, he likes to court trouble.” She squinted her eyes and scrutinized her friend.

But the girl didn’t seem bothered and even had a faint disgust. “Yeah. He likes to act as the hero. With such a scrawny body, what can he do? He let himself beat up for useless reasons! He deserves it!”

“I thought you like him!” The second girl said in a surprised tone. “I heard you talking about him when he first came to the school!”

“Pfft! Who would? At first, I thought he was a hunk! But he’s actually a wimp! And haven’t you heard the rumor? Illinois has a crush on that smelly Lilia!”

“Yuck!” The two pursed their lips at the mention of Lilia.

“But that wasn’t what I want to talk about…” The first girl leaned on the other’s ear. “You heard of the terrorist? It’s Illinois Sister!”

The latter became gobsmacked which made the latter hurriedly close her mouth. “Shh! Don’t be loud!”

This small gossip happened on every corner of the school. The children’s eyes were full of innocent malice. They didn’t think they were doing something wrong. Like a flame, it emerged like embers but left a scorched earth!

In a dark place, where the trees had brown leaves and people rarely walked by, a petite figure crouched down with a bunch of papers clenched in her hand. She wanted nothing but to shred it into pieces! Like a hell creature, her face was frighteningly ghoulish, giving one a shiver down the spine!

“Damn you! Damn you!” Her snarls that came from the pit of the netherworld reverberated like a curse! Despite everything that happened to her – her parents who couldn’t protect her, the teachers who didn’t bat an eye, classmates who didn’t want to mingle with her, and the bastards who destroyed her… there was only one man she hated!

“Illinois!!! Damn you!!!”

“Where are you when I needed you!!!” Her nails dug through the flesh of her palms with the blood dripping on her feet!

Lilia looked up and jumped with a new-found resolve. At first, she was stumbling but her pace soon became consistent. She beelining at an important place!

The teachers’ office room!

At the moment, the room was supposed to be empty. The news of terrorists made the school officials call a semi-suspended class. Of course, the school wasn’t at risk but to be safe, they left it to the students’ parents’ discretion. Meanwhile, the teachers decided to have a vacation instead. Lilia scoffed in derision at how idiotic this action was and how unfeeling their teachers were.

Right now, a bang was heard in the empty room. Lilia rushed in and stuffed the papers she was holding into the farthest desk before hurrying back. Thus, she didn’t see two bodies entangled on the floor.

The two teachers, who were undergoing an illicit affair, got so frightened that they crouched down on the ground and didn’t let a whimper. Thus, they didn’t see the shadow of the person who entered.

They only sighed in relief when the door was closed again. They scowled before their faces lit up and continued their exercise.

But not long after, they sniffed a burning smell, and a puff of smoke wandered through their location. Their heads peeked above the desk and saw flames slamming from outside the office room! Two malevolent eyes stared at them before vanishing behind the flaming curtains!

“Help!” The female teacher screamed while the other teacher zipped his pants and charged through the door!

Bam! The door was flapped open and the man didn’t bother about his colleague!

“Wait! Take me with you! Fuck!” The female teacher also rushed after him and crazily hung on his arms.

“Bitch!” But the male teacher became angry after thinking that someone might spot them! “Get off!”

After a while, the ambulance arrived and took care of the fire. The two teachers came back with nary expressions on their faces. They didn’t seem guilty and even feign ignorance by asking the police their doubts.

After a search, a bunch of almost-burnt papers was found. They read the name Illinois El Normando and were subject to immediate expulsion. Behind it was test papers.

Two hours ago, in the principal’s office.

“I’m unwilling.” Illinois tried hard to stare at the principal. This made the principal recall Emanuel’s stare! She became impulsive and slammed her table!

“You think you can barge in here and talk to me like that! Who do you think you are?!”

“I reached the nationals in the spelling bee.” Illinois tried to remain calm. “Math, English, Science… I have accumulated a lot of medals for the school.”

“So?” The principal sneered. “The school can make another genius. We can replace you. There’s no more discussion. Get out of here!”

Illinois didn’t move and took a deep breath. “Please be fair.”

“What do you think is fair, huh? Your father threatened everyone that day! Do you think it's fair for him to go to jail for it?!”

Illinois bowed his head. He knew if he didn’t graduate this year, it might be close to impossible for him to go to high school. Just judging from everyone’s view of his sister, they would certainly make it hard for him. Even if he went to other schools, the fact his background was written badly was enough for him to keep repeating grade six regardless of their wealth.

But if he managed to graduate, some schools might have a different opinion about him. They would ask some questions. Why would the elementary school still let him graduate? Next, they would see his achievements and this could prompt them to help him continue studying despite his background.

1