Chapter 37 – Two definitions of love
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37 – Two definitions of love

Supreme massaged his throbbing head. The current event seemed abrupt but he could feel something amiss.

“I know about that old woman, Mother Teresa. I could easily squeeze her but her existence is a necessity to the city. She established rules in the underground world and brings a large sum of profit to the economy. I didn’t think she would do such drastic action. Doesn’t she want her hard work anymore? With this, the government will no longer close its eyes to her activities.”

Supreme gripped the steering wheel. The hand of the speedometer went closer to the highest limit. He felt anxious because he thought of those fools he chased away and they might not be able to handle the situation.

“It’s strange.” Masked with worry, Supreme’s thoughts became clearer. “Those guys won’t do something this idiotic without rhyme or reason, isn’t it? Just when they were needed the most, they actually chased idols instead of doing their work.”

“And these fools!” Veins throbbed on the hands that were gripping the steering wheel. It almost looked like it was going to break from his strength. He thought of the rallyists and his expression couldn’t help but become fierce. “How could there be people gullible enough to make a scene?! They just wanted to make an excuse to rally!”

“Problems! Rally! That’s all you wanted to do in your life! Do they know that they are not changing anything but instead becoming a burden?!”

The step on the pedal became tighter. Despite the splitting noise of his zooming vehicle, he could hear loud and clear the reports that kept coming in from the radio. The police finally met the crazy folks but their resistance was great. No, from the background noise, he could hear the police panicking. And from the looks of it, they were running away.

“The country of Kimininas is a weak nation.” He was reminded again of this statement. Several forces rested in this country like it was their own backyard. He had been active in suppressing every force but he couldn’t ultimately erase them. Yes, as a lion he was too strong for them. But any animals knew how to fight back when they were cornered. And its counterattack was usually deadly.

Supreme gritted his teeth. He already had the urge to turn back. But a strong image kept flashing in his mind.

“But I wanted answers. Aurora! Aside from you, the only one who can tell me what… is him, right?” Supreme whispered. He recalled the man he saw at the party. He was unlike others. He was a different breed.

The dangerous impression he got from Emanuel was something. His instinct was telling him the latter knew all the answers.

“I want to see her body.” His face always clad with seriousness, revealed a gentle expression.

Emanuel slapped his wet face. Looking in the mirror, he could see his haggard expression. He hadn’t taken a nap until he drove past the city border. He was that urgent to get to safety.

Emanuel took his wife to a nearby hotel. They put on masks and changed clothes to avoid suspicion. He also installed some precautions along the way. He already knew his location got sabotaged from the get-go. One hid in his car in the first place while the other was in his cat’s fur after its battle against the mercenary.

So, thanks to his devious mind, he made it so that he and his wife were still moving in panic from their locator but in fact, they hid right under their noses. Of course, he knew that this wasn’t enough to fool those bastards. That’s why he created several backups to throw them off. By the time they finished discovering their footsteps, he might already have two or more children if Cleo was willing… In short, it was his way to make fun of them.

“Still passive, my friend.” A voice, filled with teasing intent, interjected in his head. He was suppressing the laughter from coming out but it was clear he couldn’t do it.

Emanuel rolled his eyes. He just wanted to be a normal person and be with his family. As the man of the house, he had to do everything to put things in the right order. Sometime later, he would fetch Illinois and live a happy life. He wasn’t even nervous about the boy because of the multiple protections he made for the latter.

Disregarding the voice, Emanuel walked out of the bathroom. But he soon found out that the room was too quiet!

“Pfft.” The voice finally laughed, noticing the poundings inside his chest. “You can never stop a mother.”

Emanuel finally retorted. “Shut up! You can’t help so shut up!”

“I’m in your head, remember? I can do anything I want. Hahaha!”

Emanuel’s face darkened. “You don’t know anything. If I want to, I can even pull God down from his throne!”

“But you didn’t! And you are now suffering from your complacency!” The shadow inside Emanuel’s mind was bending in laughter.

Emanuel dashed out with a worried expression. He looked at his wristwatch and a three-dimensional map of his surrounding could be seen. From it, he saw a red dot quickly moving downwards. She was still nearby.

The man took a breath but he still wasn’t relieved. He knew how stubborn his wife was. She would go to lengths that even endangered herself. That was the reason they met one another. And at the same time, he knew how special his wife was. She was unusually adept in seeing through a person. Even though he who was hiding in multiple layers, being subjected to years of being together, she already discerned some of his secrets. Thus, if she met someone else just like him, it would do no good to her.

And because of these reasons, he was determined to protect her at all costs!

“Rain.” A chubby body followed by three slender figures appeared under him. They wrapped their tails and nudged their faces to his legs.

“Why didn’t you stop her? Or even watched her?” Emanuel squinted his eyes to put a solemn face. The cats blinked and looked at each other before purring and continued nudging their faces at him.

Emanuel scratched his forehead because he understood these animals. They were also hopeless in front of Cleo. To them, she was also a master. Heck, they might even consider her status higher than his.

“Are you not going to follow her?”

“I will. But I’ll just wait for her to tire out.”

The shadow smirked. Emanuel was too evil. He already predicted Cleo’s behavior so he confiscated everything she could use. Asking for help from kind humans? Heh! Emanuel already made sure there will be no one to help her.

Still, the man quickened his pace. He might have made sure everything but the world is unpredictable. There were times when a hopeless situation might occur.

“Love is toxic,” Emanuel muttered, patting his chest. But the shadow rolled his eyes from just how egoistical and controlling Emanuel is and still had the nerve to comfort himself.

1