Chapter 40 – The World Trembles (2)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40 – The World Trembles (2)

Supreme’s face darkened. It had been so long since someone had been so rude to him. In the first place, he was from the noblest family in the country. Moreover, he was donning the identity of a police investigator. Just these identities were enough for him to gain respect.

Thus, he didn’t hesitate to pounce and put Emanuel into the ground because he had a moral and legal standpoint. The process was so quick and easy Supreme found it surprising.

Looking at an overly average guy squirming in protest, Supreme sighed in relief.

“He’s really ordinary…”

Buzz!

Supreme felt he got electrocuted and his grip on Emanuel loosened. His hair stood up and shrieked inwardly!

“This electric shock is enough to kill an elephant!”

A shoe sole gradually enlarged in his eyes.

Bang!

Emanuel stabilized himself and showed a modified stun gun. Its shock was more than capable of killing a person. However, with Supreme’s body resistance, this was only enough to put him asleep.

The aggrieved father kept zapping the spasming figure on the ground until it stopped moving.

“Phew. What a monster!” Shaking his head, Emanuel gathered himself and continued his journey. Once in a while, he would check his phone. He was waiting for a notification. Finally, a silent pop-out appeared on the screen.

“Death confirmed.”

Emanuel’s face went pale white and he staggered. Strength left his body as he slid on the ground.

His daughter died. His son apparently… died too…

“There’s no need for City Q anymore.” He murmured. It was like a devil’s whisper. Soft but terrifying.

Gulugulugulu. Earth heed his call and kneeled before its ruler!

On this day, a piece of news shocked the world!

A massive hole appeared and replaced the city! As if the entire city was uprooted from the earth! Only the black smoke and grey landscape became the remnants of its previously boisterous and prosperous appearance.

The country and even other nations got alarmed and investigated the situation. No earthquakes. No precedented. And no warning. It just happened in everyone’s sight. Such a magical encounter, everyone wanted to be a part of it.

However, despite everyone’s efforts, the case was shelved in a corner. There were no leads. No witness. Everything was just a jumbled mess left for them to clean. As if City Q was already a ghost town long ago. Even the people who formerly resided there had little memory of it. Some speculated it was the work of an alien.

They didn’t know that this mysterious incident became the first sign of what was to come.

Mela looked at the newspaper. It was a close-up picture of the planet. On its surface was a giant hole. It was previously the City Q.

“Fortunately, we went away from the first moment.” Her assistant wiped the cold sweat on his face and put on a bitter smile.

Mela’s eyes narrowed. The plot she was trying to create had turned into a whirlwind. And from the looks of it, a single shadow was at the center of its vortex!

Tsk. I know it’s you! Come out! Face me!

Mela threw the newspaper to the table with a bang. Her eyes stared daggers at her trembling subordinate.

“Put this man on the nation’s radar. Make it that this man was suspicious and might be involved in the City Q incident!” Mela shoved two pictures in his hands before exiting the room.

One picture was of a man with a sunny smile. The other was a man strangling a student with a horrifying expression.

Mysteriously, both persons looked the same…

When the subordinate reported this piece of news from an anonymous account to the police department's main page, he got a message soon afterward.

“The man in the picture doesn’t exist.” His heart lurched. Even when he replied with the evidence containing the name of Illinois and Aurora, the other end messaged back with the same words.

Emanuel doesn’t exist. And the mind blogging news was the next piece of information.

Illinois doesn’t exist. Even the news about him vanished like a dream.

As for Aurora, she truly became an orphan and had no adoptive parents. She was alone and got lost in life living due to poverty. Thus, she became a wicked terrorist.

He took a deep breath and shook his head until he saw stars. He felt he was in a dream. Quickly, he typed every clue and information he knew into the internet. But every single time, there was no result!

He had met countless bizarre situations. But there was nothing more bizarre than this one!

“Am I crazy? Do they really exist?”

When he went back to Mela, he saw his boss dozing off. He coughed to catch her attention.

“What is it?”

He hummed and hemmed first before explaining the situation. When Mela heard it, she only showed a stoic expression before nodding at him.

“I understand. You can leave now.” After her subordinate had left, Mela tapped on the table with her dainty finger. This was aligned to her knowledge so she wasn’t bothered that much. In fact, this became evidence that her target was the real deal!

1