Chapter 45 – The loser’s struggle
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45 – The loser’s struggle

Everyone didn’t leave after the husband and wife got out. The good ambiance they were showing before was now broken and their usual pressuring presence manifested.

“This case is suspicious.” Eduard cupped his chin. Everyone’s thoughts were aligned.

“James, you have to check again the orders.”

“Okay. Don’t worry about it. Instead, you have to prepare an explanation of how the Young Lady managed to smuggle herself.” The baldy didn’t want to get all the hate and passed a portion to others.

“There’s also the accident with Young Master. The underground world should have been covered with your hands, Paul. What happened?”

“With your capabilities and the Master’s power, such a thing happened?”

“Maybe Master was careless...?”

“Shut up!”

“Idiot! You’ll get yourself killed!”

“Cough. Cough. Don’t beat him. He still had to show his face in the media.” Eduard felt fortunate that Emanuel and Cleo weren’t here or else they would see this embarrassing situation.

“It's like an elaborate trap created by someone. Don’t you think?”

Everyone shivered. They couldn’t help but think of those dreadful fellows beaten by their master. Were they going to wake up from their slumber?

“Only those guys can do something like this.” Thinking about the past, it seems like the battle of the gods would happen again!

Emanuel didn’t interrogate or blame his subordinate. He already knew the culprit.

It was the shadow inside him.

One of the dreadful fellows who got beaten black and blue by his own hands.

“Hey, I’m also reading your own thoughts!” The shadow snarled.

Emanuel grinned. “Then, why don’t you die? You don’t have to listen anymore.”

“Never!”

“I’m going to take back my body!”

“I will get what once mine!”

“My wife! And my life!”

The shadow roared in defiance! Each shout trembled through the heavens! From the outside view, he was like an ant trying to go against the sky!

Emanuel gripped Cleo’s hands and his gaze softened. He looked inside of himself. Clouds churned and his huge face projected, towering over the shadow. He saw the shadow’s bloodshot eyes. The latter seemed lofty going against the impossible. But in his eyes, he was pathetic!

“I will never let go of Cleo. And she’s not yours to begin with.”

“THIS IS MY BODY!”

The shadow became a raging bull, barreling from one location to another. He fought hard to escape! But no matter how seemingly large the space was, he was always trapped within it!

Emanuel’s eyes narrowed into crescents. His words laced with a mocking tone rang in his consciousness.

“There’s no use. You already lost. Winner takes all.”

“I thought you are going to suck it up till the end and be a good sidekick. But it looks like your resentment is hard to wash away.”

“Anyways, I know what you have done behind my back. But it’s only a little cry for help. Even if they ganged up on me, I’ll just beat them all together!”

“Might as well! It will save me the effort!”

Scorching bright lights shone from Emanuel’s eyes! He was ready to fight!

“Brothers…” An old man picked up a picture frame on his desk. A trace of nostalgia appeared in his dull eyes.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” He lived frugally. There were no expensive things inside his room. In fact, the room looked empty compared to a normal room. There were not even the necessities.

The house might as well be called a hut due to its old and weary appearance. Similarly, the old man suffered from vicissitudes of life. Yet, despite his old age, one could find hints of the splendor of his yesteryears.

“If only I was a bit brave…”

“He’s too strong. I have to sacrifice half of the world’s population if I wanted to ensure my success.” The nostalgia in his eyes was replaced by a strong self-reproach. He could see the ‘devil’ smiling at him. The latter laughed at his weak self and consumed everything on its path until none remained!

The old man shivered and closed his eyes. “And I don’t have the necessary conviction to do that.”

“I’m already old. And I can’t keep up with the youngsters.”

“But I’m waiting.”

“Because I know my brothers… you will all coming back…”

“And that day… I’m sure of it…”

“This time… we will kill the devil!” His eyes instantly opened! A sharp glint flashed which almost took form!

1