5. Offerings
274 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was overwhelmed by emotions. Weakened. Afraid. My eyes didn't know where to focus. Everywhere I see, it reminds me of my situation. 

Deep breaths. One at a time.

I saw my Sister first. She was wearing a black dress. Tears flowing on her red cheeks. She had her black hair in a messy ponytail. Her brown eyes were glistening with tears. She was being consoled by some of her friends and neighbours. I stepped near her and stroked her hair. I was careful to not interact with her. She would be freaked out rather than being happy. Right?

My parents were seated closely. They had similar traits like me and sister. Black hair and brown eyes. I can't really explain their emotions in words. Dad was holding Mom's hand. And Mom was completely broken. Dad wasn't reacting much but his eyes told me everything. I tried to touch Mom's hand too. But then I saw her swollen eyes between strands of her hair. I saw Mom in heartrending despair.

 Rage filled my existence...

My eyes felt warm and blood tears were dropping. Lucy. She.

She made me see Mom like this. She was responsible for this miserable state of my loved ones.

*Drop*Drop*

...

I can't stay here anymore. I may hurt my family. This uncontrollable rage...Each passing second here is changing me into something. SOMETHING I DON'T WANT TO BECOME...

"I am leaving. Mom. Dad. Sis. Take good care of yourselves. Don't worry about me much. I am good", I gave my parting words to them eventhough I know it wouldn't reach them.

"Leaving so soon", came a high pitched voice.

"Yeah. If I stay anymore. I would cause only problems. So it is better to find another place to haunt. Heh", I replied.

Wait a minute...

I turned around to find the owner of that voice. It was a girl. A little girl dressed in a purple gothic lolita dress was staring at me. She had grey dead fish eyes that was hard to read. I wouldn't call her expressionless because she was looking sad. She had long black hair. Her face was pale and beautiful. Then I noticed something that was clearly surreal. At a glance I though it was just an accessory. But No. There was a FRICKIN ARROW PASSING THROUGH HER HEAD.

This is definitely a ghost. But what was it doing at my funeral? It was also better at blending into the background. Better than the panda masks. Even with an arrow through its head.

I am not in the mood to fight. But I won't let it violate my Home.

"What do you want?", I asked angrily.

"I just wanted to say it was not good to leave your parents like this", she said back with a slight mocking smile.

"Then what do you suppose I do?", I questioned.

"Noob", she murmured." Take away their negative emotions, Of course".

"What?", I was a little surprised.

"Have to explain everything to you...", she boringly said.

She went near one of my relatives and opened her hand. Something translucent. Really hard to see and can be seen only if you know where to look. Such a substance flew near her palm and collected into a ball. Then she threw at me.

*Shoosh*

It went into me and suddenly I could feel the sadness it encompassed.

"See what I did?", she asked with an tired look. "I don't want to take sadness from your funeral when you are still around".

I nodded. Then I tried to do what she did. It was pretty simple after seeing her demo. I collected the sadness from my parents and sisters first. Then proceeded to collect it from others. These emotions really made my mood low. But I felt I could recover from this pain faster than them. After every drop was vacuumed. I could find out the difference in my parents. They were still oozing out sadness but lesser than before.

"Wherever my baby is, I hope he had found peace". Mom finally spoke. Her voice was everything I needed to wash away all that sadness swirling around in me.

Dad patted her back and replied softly ," He definitely found peace, my dear. He definitely did...".

My Sister sat near Mom and comforted her too.

"I am sure B-Big Brother is sitting now in Heaven and inventing wacky and crazy dishes. Hehehe. Maybe even annoying t-the Gods like he always did m-me. Hehehe". She said in a shaky voice with more tears flowing down. 

Mom had a slight smile forming on her face while she probably imagined me doing said things. 

"Thank you", I thanked the loli. She was the reason I could see this. She was the reason I didn't give into rage and despair.

"Don't mind it", she replied shortly.

"By the way, I am Ray", I introduced myself.

"Blanche", she said.

***

I stayed for a couple hours and sucked out all the sadness. I made my resolve after having closure. I left only after they went to sleep.

I was walking on the street while eating an apple that was given as offering food. Yes. The loli walking beside me told me to take all the offerings because it would apparently make me stronger. At first I didn't want to ruin the moment by making a mysterious incident . But when I touched the offerings and tried to lift them, a copy which was sort of like the essence or soul of the object came along instead of the object itself. In this way, I took the goodies with happiness and left.

"Are we there yet?", I asked her.

"Are you a child? That is the umpteenth time you asked me that? You fool. Shut up and follow me", she said.

She is quite rude for a little girl. You may think like that but what does all those novels teach us about lolis. They never look their age. 99% of the time. Mostly. She also helped me in a time of need. And I don't mind beautiful girls slandering me. And so I don't mind her harsh words. Sick. I know.

Where are we going? I don't know. She just said that some people needed to speak with me. Why didn't I run after hearing this ominous request? Because I am bored and I somewhat trust her. I also have no other place to go to.

12