11. First Mission
134 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent my days enjoying my life in the luxurious chambers until one fateful day...

The doors were kicked open and a loli with an arrow stuck on her head came into my sanctuary. She opened up all the curtains to let some sunshine in.

*Hissing sounds* 

"AHHHH...NOOO... IT BURNS...CLOSE THE CURTAINS!!! Bleh blehbleh"

...

"Seriously.... Don't imitate Lord Dracula, he might get angered and decide to pay a visit", she said with a tired look.

"FUCK. I WON'T DO IT AGAIN. PLEASE...I AM SORRY", I desperately begged for forgiveness incase Dracula was listening.

Sigh~

"It is time you stop being a freeloader...Let us go on a hunt!", she exclaimed with a energetic face and a bright smile.

God. No. Was that supposed to cheer me up? And why does she look so happy?

***

"Hmmm...Blanche..."

"Yes"

"So uhmm...Hunting is just a shy way to say that we are going to murder some poor soul in cold blood, isn't it?", I asked as we were walking on the pavement. Man, the streets are bustling today.

"Absolutely Yes", she said with a smile that was as bright as the sun above me.

"Hmm...is there something I should know... like some rules... don't kill them if they are begging...or how to dispose off the body? Or...", I nervously asked her. What? I am new to this job.

"There is only one thing that you must keep in your mind...", she stared at me for a while. Her eyes were so cute eventhough they were so...dead.

"And that is?"

"To never ever interact with the material world in presence of humans. Or atleast don't let them catch you at the act", she warned me.

"And why is that??", I had to ask.

"Hahaha...you haven't heard hahah...the story of Bob?", she asked me while laughing uncontrollably.

"No, why? What happened to Bob?"

"This guy, Bob, goes to see his daughter after he died in a truck accident. Just a good responsible father that wants to check on his child...", she narrates his story

"The daughter was camping near the Lost Brigand woods. Their badluck, the sirens at the camp were malfunctioning...hahaha...and When the father caused some unintentionally scary attempts at communicating with his daughter.... Rumors started to spread. Rumors about the urban legend of Sirenhead. A mysterious entity that has a pole that ends in a siren as its head. With a tall, ugly body that is as thin as stick. Long limbs that are scarily disproportionate. Said to make eerie sounds in the woods...

So Bob became the Sirenhead. Hahaha. You should have seen his face...not that he has one...HAHAHAHAHHAA...", she started laughing madly.

What is funny about this? It feels more creepy and tragic.

"Why did he change though?"

"Beliefs of sentient creatures in the Material plane have power over us, spirits. The same way we have power over their emotions. As long as we don't get observed or recorded, we are safe from those beliefs", she explained to me.

"Hmmm...", I promised myself to never ever end up like that.

I watched the cars passing by on the road. The weather today was nice and bright. We passed many people but nobody seemed to notice us. I felt...lonely. Abandoned.

Something I rarely felt when I was alive. I looked at the cute murderous loli with the bright happy smile. She kinda reminds me of my sister... I miss her. I miss my family...

"S-St-Stop STARING at me!!", she shouted after blushing slightly.

"I didn't mean to..."

I guess I stared at her while lost in my thoughts.

"You creep...", she murmured something.

...

"This is the place", she said when we phased into a toy shop.

The shop was closed because it was rumored recently to have ghost activity. The customers and the attendants have witnessed floating toy boxes and dolls that have been creepily disfigured. 

The shop was wrecked. Broken shelves. Ripped toy boxes. Maybe the work of an angry child ghost...

*Sniff*

My enhanced senses! Yes! I can smell spirits.

*sniff*

"What are you doing?"

"There! I smell something on the aisle 3", I pointed behind the shelves.

She ran there but stopped before entering the aisle.

I too was forced to be frozen at the sight of it....the horror....

A small guy who was only 30 or so cms tall was banging a Barbie...

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE HELL?!?!

Now I know why the dolls were creepily disfigured...Yuck.... Bleugh

*Dry heaving sounds*

I turned to look at Blanche... How is she even able to witness such an atrocity? She must have nerves of steel...

"Blanche?!..."

No sign of her. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!?!? DID SHE JUST BAIL OUT ON ME?

"BLANCHE...PLEASE DON'T JOKE AROUND...PLEASE... I WILL STOP BEING A FREELOADER AND WORK MORE...SO COME OUT PLEASE...", I begged but received no response.

...

The tiny monster did his deed and looked at me with...lascivious eyes...

FUCK. I AM DONE FOR....

***

Meanwhile in the Lost Brigand forest...

*Acchooo*

A sirenhead suddenly sneezed while roasting marshmallows.

"Damn, Now I have to make fire again..."

***

Man, I really like Sirenhead. Thanks to Trevor Henderson for giving me one of the best nightmares. Bob the misunderstood sirenhead is my version of it. One of the many lores about him. Hahahaa

2