Volume 4: Prologue
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A boy in his late adolescence with black spiky hair opens his eyes.

He finds himself lying down on a hard surface. His back still feels the dull impact of him falling.

“Ugggggh…what happened?”

He still feels the lingering sensation of his chest tightening. He clutches directly over where his heart is.

As he rubs the sore spot, he slowly stands up.

He looks around to get a bearing of his surroundings.

However, he sees nothing; nothing but a pristine white void.

Faint sounds murmur and echo through the empty space. They are weak muffled voices. He can’t make out what they’re saying, but he recognizes who they belong to.

“Miss Ishihara!! Miss Thompson!! Miss Lenhoff!!” The boy shouts at the top of his lungs.

However, there is no response.

He looks around again to try and find where they’re coming from, but it resonates so much within the void that he can’t tell where they are.

“Kanade!!” He shouts once more.

The boy suddenly hears something, although faint.

It’s a different sound. It is a sound that is much clearer than the shouts and voices that resonate everywhere.

It is the voice of a song; a beautiful aria that is filled with both grace and power. Each note holds so much vigor, but they are still flowering with elegance and splendor.

The boy drags himself to the source of the song. As he trudges through the emptiness, a faint blurry silhouette comes to view.

He walks closer to try and get a better look. As he does, the song gets louder and clearer.

Eventually, he sees a woman hovering in the air looking as though she is sitting gracefully upon a bed lined with silk. Her eyes are closed and she rests her right hand over her chest to feel the resonance of her voice.

However, there is something peculiar about this woman.

She is fully clad in silver-tinted armor. The joints between the metal plates reveal cogs and clockwork of an intricate design. Shiny cloth ornate her body and her skin has an unnatural colored tint.

Despite her otherworldly appearance, she gives off an aura of divine regality.

Pristine…tranquil…almost like an angel.

The powerful opera finally concludes upon the young boy’s arrival. She maintains her elegant posture as she notices her unusual guest.

“It’s been five years since we have last met. You were so young back then, my Siegfried.”

“Siegfried?” The boy asks confused.

“Yes. I am, what you call, your Alter. And you, Katsuo Kiyabu, you are my Siegfried.”

“Then…you’re…”

“Yes.” The mysterious Alter, who claims to be his own, nods once, “I helped you on that fateful day.”

Their eyes meet in stern honesty.

“I…am Brynhildr.”

0