Chapter 35: Hope
347 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35: Hope.

"You are being mistaken sir Kiel this is.... Gaspar himself." Michael said reluctantly as he introduced him to everyone.

"What, how is that even possible?" Sir Isaac blurted in shock.

"I'll rather believe that he is Gaspar's illegitimate child rather than him being that same person." Sir Mark added as a retort.

"But he does really look the same as the younger version of Gaspar that I could remember." Sir Daniel muttered in daze.

"Though I must admit that this person has more advantage on his looks than Gaspar. He must have get it from his mother side." Sir kiel added still not believing that this is Gaspar.

Said by the voices in the room as they all stares at Gaspar who is currently standing awkwardly.

"But he is really Gaspar." Father said suddenly as the room suddenly becomes quiet.

"Did he transcended? No, that can't be, I don't feel any mana elements from him." said by sir Kiel as he looked at Gaspar with a baffled gaze.

"He also doesn't have the familiar aura that a knight should have." Sir Daniel said as he carefully inspected Gaspar's body with his senses.

"Everything is normal on him so how did he become younger?" Sir Isaac said in a confused tone.

"it is possible that you gave him the potion of youth? have Ethan finally made that potion? but how could it help us with the situation on the magic beast?" Sir Anton suddenly said as everyone looks at him with weird eyes.

"Potion of Youth since when did Ethan started with making that potion?"

"The material and the resources needed to make a single potion for that would be immense even the budget of our city won't be enough to cover all the cost for it."

"Why did you know about this potion of youth?, Ethan doesn't even talk with anyone of us."

"Quiet!" Shout by father as they all lost their calm.

"We are here to talk about the possible solution that can help us solve our problem with the magic beast, and he is the only person that has a chance to do that." Father patiently said as he explain everything to them.

The entire meeting has lasted for the whole afternoon, and a lot of them have ask a lot of questions regarding on how did Gaspar managed to get an entire bag of magic fruits and was shocked to know his adventure to the edge of the enchanted forest.

Though all of them were happy to hear, about the news of Ethan  success in creating 1250 vials of mana potion. It still doesn't solve their concern this news have only given them the hope to survive from this ordeal.

This number of potion is more than enough supply for us alone and it could greatly help us train more soldiers to help them transcend their limits. The more knights we have the bigger the chance for the survival of the territory.

But being a transcended being is not easy at all as we became more powerful it would be much harder for us to have a child. At the same time, it is also not easy to watch your loved one to grow old much faster than you.

A transcended being like me has already exceeded the life expectancy of a normal human and our rate of aging would drastically slow down by a lot of times.

That's why the potion of youth have become popular for noble household, as most of the rich husband has already reached the transcended level while their wife stayed as mortals.

In order for them to stay alive and looked young those rich wives of the nobleman have used their huge resources and wealth to urge the potion guild to come up with a potion that could make them younger. And it doesn't take long before the guild declares it a success and has since then become popular.

Although Ethan has already told me that it was not hard to make it at all. The processed extract from a magic fruit already has this kind of effect to ordinary humans, that's why the price of the potion of youth in the market is probably inflated artificially by the guild to get more funds. The only drawback is that the potion of youth also have it's own limits of usage and it can only work twice. If someone used it for the third time nothing would happen to them as thei body have already build resistance to the effect of this potion.

"Lord Hubert, Do you mean that our cook Gaspar is the only hope that we have, that can save us from the mouth of a rank 5 magic beast?" Sir Isaac said to my Father as he looked at Gaspar in disbelief.

"As of now yes, He is the only one capable of calming that beast. At the same time, we also need to be concerned about that black mist that appears on its body." seriously said by father as gave everyone a solemn gaze.

"You should all know that a black mist is something that only a Demonic Creature can have." Father said in a grave voice as every one of them change their expression.

"So to see a Magic beast exhibiting the same phenomenon of those creatures is an alarming sight." Father said as he exhales a huge breath.

"But it would not be easy, we don't really know anything about that beast, since this is the first time that we have encountered it." Hugo said as he gave Gaspar a concerned gaze.

"I can do it Lord Hubert, just give me a little time and I can definitely find a way to calm it down." Gaspar said in desperation as he tried to convince everyone.

"We don't have other options at all, and the only one that could help us tide this situation is you." said by sir Isaac as he gave him a nod of approval.

"Everything would be on your hands now Gaspar. I hope that you could immediately solve this situation at the fastest time possible." Father said in a serious voice as everyone already agreed with the decision.

"I will do everything with the best of my abilities. I won't disappoint you all and that's an oath from me." Gaspar said in a solemn and serious voice.

"Then we all hope for your success on this venture Gaspar, as you are the only option that we have that can find a solution for this." said by sir Daniel as everyone also gave their blessings to Gaspar.

"Let's just hope that beast friend of yours could really help us with our situation."

"It's not a monster its just a giant cat." Gaspar said before leaving the room.

I now officially named that beast as the black cat, although it has wings on its back since Gaspar insist on calling it a cat then I'll call it a cat as well.

Currently with the number of Knights in our territory it would not be enough to stop them if they decided to attack the city.

Aside from the 10 knights that serve under our family if we include my Father, Michael, and me. There's only a total of 13 knights present in the Florentine city with a current population of several thousand.

A rank 5 magic beast alone is capable of erasing this entire place if it was really serious in doing so. At the same time, there are also tens of thousands of lower rank magic beast living on the edge of the enchanted forest.

Even if all of us try our hardest to defend the city of Florentine from the attack of magic beasts we could only stop a couple of them before we get overwhelmed by their huge numbers.

The only good thing that we got from this, is the fact that Gaspar was able to make friends to one of those powerful magic beats in the forest. It also gifted him a bag of magic fruit which is really important for us.

It help us create more mana potions that can strengthen our forces and at the same time it would help us cultivate our power. As of right now, Father has also allowed every one who already transcended the knight level to carry 3 vials of mana potion.

A single vial of this mana potion is already equivalent to an entire year of cultivation. For it contains a very rich amount of refined mana elements that are much easier to absorb.

They also talked about the possible actions that they needed to do in order to keep everyone in the city safe, and how to keep our industry running.

Since a lot of merchants and noblemen have already left this city yesterday. It also means that the entire city also lost its big share of possible revenue from those people.

Although it is not enough to destroy our economy but the damages it would bring to us for the short term are enormous.

But we could also use this opportunity to improve our strength without the awareness of people from the outside. Since this dire situation would surely make our territory isolated from everyone else.

"Is that really the right decision master Lucas?" suddenly asks by Michael as we entered the mansion's library.

"What do you think? Do we have other options aside from this?" I said to him as I take a seat on the sofa.

"Can't we just send a request to another city or even inform the king himself to help us?" said by him as he seriously look at me in the eyes.

"You also know our situation Michael, even if we asks for an assistance no one would really bother to help us, especially now that we are facing several rank 5 magic beast. They are not willing to risk the retaliation from a high-ranking magic beast." I said as I take a deep breath and tilted my head to look at the ceiling.

"But sir Callisto has already sent his words that he is willing to lend us a hand." Michael quickly said as he also take a seat in the sofa in front of me.

"The who? sir Callisto? Wait that man. Are you serious?." I said in shock as I immediately stand up from the sofa.

Sir Callisto is actually a Baron from the city of Kingstown a much bigger city than us.

They are actually the original ruler of that city but after the queen that person they immediately lost all their power and influence since that person is the nephew of the current queen.

15