Chapter 45: God’s Tears
323 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45: God's Tears

Upon Knowing the news Callisto quickly went towards his family who now all shows symptoms of severe sickness due to the long exposure to the sickening fog.

Even the soldiers that were assigned to come and guard them shows an abnormal status on their body.

Though some of the soldiers are still conscious many of them are already showing block spots growing on their skin.

Aside from that, 2 people from the 6 family members of Callisto are now in critical condition because of the huge wound on their back and shoulder combined with the severe symptoms of fog poisoning.

Even Ethan's most powerful healing potion is proven to be ineffective in curing their wounds nor did it alleviate their symptoms.

"What's going on?" Lucas asks loudly as he barge inside the room.

"This is not good Master Lucas my potion seems to be ineffective in curing their wounds." Worriedly said by Ethan for the first time.

This is the first time that Ethan shows this kind of emotion as his potion didn't do its job.

"I don't know what happen Master Lucas, but every potion I have with me doesn't seem to be strong enough to heal them, and even the most powerful healing potion that I have only managed to stop their bleeding but it didn't even cure them." Ethan said while frowning as he look at the bottle of the potion he used on them.

"Is there anything else you can do Ethan? Please help me. They are the only remaining family that I have." Callisto said suddenly as he bow his head towards him.

"I'm doing my best Sir Callisto but it seems like their long exposure to the fog has weaken my potions effects and it becomes incapable of curing them. The only thing that I could think of is there might be something in this black smudges that make it harder for their body to absorb all the effects of my potion." Ethan said as he wipes out the shoulder part of the soldier's body that now shows a huge growing black spot.

"What is this?" Lucas asks in concern as he takes a closer look at it.

"It's not confirmed yet but we assumed that this is one of the effects of long exposure to that poisonous fog and it also might be the reason why my potions effects have weaken against them." Ethan said while observing the other people that show the same symptoms.

"Then are they gonna be alright?" Lucas asks in concern.

"Although they have a huge wound they should be fine after a few days of rest, since the bleeding has already stopped and the potion has already started to work on their system although it is much slower than usual. What really worries me is the situation with that knight as all of his aura has been exhausted I don't even know if he could make it." Ethan said calmly as he looked at Callisto with a grim expression on his face.

"Wait, What Knight? As far as I remember my father hasn't even sent anyone to accompany them" Ask by Lucas with a baffled gaze.

"He is talking about my friend Master Lucas, his name is Evan, and a trusted subordinate of mine." Solemnly said by Callisto as he sadly look at the other side of the room.

On that side is a man covered with bandages from head to toe and can be seen lying on the bed and even this amount of bandages can't help on slowing down the blood from leaking on his body as the bandage itself is already seeping with thick red blood.

"What happened to them anyway?" Lucas said seriously as he observes everyone inside the room.

"Why did they rush into the city even if they know that they would be affected by the poisonous fog? It's impossible for them to not be aware of it." Lucas asks in wonder as he gravely looks at the injured soldiers inside the room.

In order for this people to get into the city, they must all first cross the thick fog that now surrounds the entire Florentine territory and it won't be easy. As it would take them an entire day to do that and because of this they all now been exposed to poisonous fog for a long time.

And once anyone exposed their selves to the poisonous fog.

It would only take them a few minutes before the symptoms start to show up for normal people and around 15 minutes for a knight, for him to feel the symptoms of fog poisoning.

Even if they aren't aware of the poison in the fog at first, they should have got the clue after suffering from sudden illness after staying inside of it for a short time.

At that point, even a knight would have a hard time in controlling his aura to fight with anyone as the illness would make it harder for him to move and control his energy inside his body.

"I already ask that question master Lucas." Suddenly said by Ethan as he takes a deep breath.

"One of Sir Callisto's soldiers said that they were attacked on their way here and without the help of that guy, then none of them would be able to come out in that place alive." Ethan said seriously as he pointed his finger towards a man who is now covered in bandages.

"They are still lucky, although the enemy manage to injure some of them but because of his interference they didn't manage to kill anyone." Ethan said as he walked toward one of the injured soldiers who is still awake despite being poisoned by the fog.

The soldier also looks very ill as a huge block mark has started to spread around his face towards his neck.

He also shows symptoms of severe fever and dizziness.

The entire room also smells unpleasant due to their constant vomiting.

"Master Lucas as you all can see the fog doesn't just make us sick it also has the capability to corrupt us and make our body reject the mana elements." Solemnly explained by Ethan as he looked at the injured soldier.

"Although I'm sure that I can find a way to remove it from their body and stop this from spreading but it would still take me an entire week or even months of research to come up with a new potion for this." Ethan said in a firm voice.

"But I'm not just sure if he can survive that long." He added as he seriously looked at Evan who laid unconscious on the bed.

"Can't you do anything about it? Even just a remedy to help him would also be fine." Lucas said with concern.

"The Stratnan family is willing to pay anything as long as you can help me heal him Ethan." said solemnly by Callisto as he looked at his friend with a sad face.

"I'm confident that I could heal everyone inside in this room. Well, except for him." Ethan said seriously as he stares at Evan.

"He already exhausted all his aura on his body and I don't even know if I could restore some of it by just using a potion. Aside from that some of his body's organs is already on the brink of failure and because of the effects of the poisonous fog none of my normal potions works on him." Ethan said seriously.

"I can't even believe that I would encounter something like this that would make all my potion useless." Helplessly said by Ethan.

"My family manage to bring all the most important material from our treasury maybe there is something there that could help Evan to cure his injury." Callisto said firmly as he quickly walk towards the other room.

When the soldiers of Florentine city found the entourage of the Stratnan family. They also saw the several carriages that contains the remaining wealth of their family and despite being injured and being inflicted by fog poisoning they still managed to carry out their duty and guard all of this wealth properly.

Although it was reported by the soldiers that there are actually more carriages that were supposed to arrive but because of the sudden ambush, they were forced to leave some of them on the road.

They decided to only prioritize the carriage that carries the most important treasure of the Stratnan family.

" Can't we really do anything to help him?" Lucas ask.

"I'm afraid not, even if we managed to heal his wound as long as we can't find a way to restore his aura then he wouldn't fully recover at all." Ethan said in dismayed.

"Did he use a forbidden arts?" Ask suddenly by Hugo as he arrived in the room.

"A knight's aura should naturally recover every time they used most of it. Even if they exhausted all their energy this shouldn't happen at all." Seriously said by Hubert as he followed Hugo inside the room.

"Except, if he used a forbidden art that allows him to overdraw all of his powers." Hubert added as he solemnly looked at the unconscious man covered in bandages.

Once a knight used forbidden art it would allow them to have exponential growth in their power for a short amount of time but this technique often has drawbacks and severe consequences.

"I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do to restore his aura at all." Hugo said gravely as he looked at Lucas in the eye.

Every Knight has their own unique signature of aura and once they exhausted all of it then it would be hard for them to restore it as there was no known technique yet that can allow anyone to completely removed the side effects of forbidden arts.

"I found it." Shouted by Callisto as he quickly walked inside the room while holding a small box.

"Ethan this potion should be enough to save him from death right?" anxiously ask by Callisto as he handed the small box to Ethan.

Ethan Immediately opens the box and upon opening it a glimmering light suddenly spread throughout the room.

This scene has immediately makes Ethan's mouth open wide in shock as other people show the same expression.

"How can this be?" unbelievably ask by Ethan as he carefully removes a small vial of potion from the box

"Is this real?" He added in shock.

The vial of the potion is very small but it glows with bright golden light that no one has seen before.

"Sir Callisto are you sure you would use this legendary potion on him?" doubtfully ask by Ethan.

"I never thought that I would see this potion in my life." said by Ethan in amazement.

"What do you mean by legendary potion Ethan?" asked by Hugo.

"This potion is very popular and known for its name as the God's tears." explained by Ethan.

"What!" exclaimed by people as they hear Ethan's explanation.

"How could it be?"

"I thought God's tears is just a legend."

"Are you sure that it's really the same potion?"

"Am I dreaming?"

God's tears is a legendary potion known to everyone as countless story revolves around this potion.

It was known for its capability to revive people on the brink of death.

Many legends were told about this potion but no one managed to find it or make it at all.

"Isn't that story about the God's tears fake?" asks by Lucas as even he cannot believe such news about that potion.

"No master Lucas it's the real deal. My old master told me everything about it before his death and all the story about this potion is true." Excitedly said by Ethan as he quickly walked towards Evan's bed.

"But this should be enough to save him right?" worriedly ask by Callisto.

"Don't worry this potion is more than enough to save him at all. We only need a drop of this liquid as the effect of this potion is very potent. If someone consumes more than a drop of this then they would definitely die instead." warn by Ethan as he immediately gets a drop of golden liquid and brings it towards Evan's mouth.

10