Chapter 75: Let’s go home.
111 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I have a stye on my right eye and it bothers me so much that I can't even open it cause it keeps on watering and it stings. Due to this, I was unable to write anything this past few days and my stock chapter is only good for another week. Hopefully, by then I would fully recover to catch up with my writing.

Chapter 75. Let's go home.

"You have made me proud." These are the words that kept echoing in Lucas mind as he once again received a praise from his father.

For others, those might just be simple words but to receive this word of recognition from Hubert, his very own father is not an easy feat.

"Thank you father I'm happy to see you back." Lucas replied shortly as he was still overwhelmed by his own emotion.

It didn't take him a long time before he noticed something strange, and that is despite the devastation that this place have suffered Hubert is still in a better condition compared to them.

Although it is true that he was covered in dirt his injuries aren't that many or serious at all.

In comparison, Daniel have suffered the most injuries among the knights since he even loose consciousness after his battle.

Thankfully, they managed to find before it happens so they were able to moved him into safety and treat all his wounds early avoiding the spread of parasites on his wounded body.

Among all the knights that Lucas have seen only his father have suffered the least amount of wounds on his body despite suffering from the most difficult battle.

And no one can deny him of this as the evidence have back it all up.

Only this place where his father have battled those 3 flying creatures have suffered this level of calamity.

As Lucas turn his head towards the blast zone staring at the center pool of molten magma that hasn't yet cool down.

A very huge crater with several dozens of meters deep and with no trees in sight within the range of several hundred meters.

Forever altering the landscape creating a huge scar on this primitive forest.

That is the devastation this place have suffered at the hands of his father, although Lucas was still not sure if his father is the reason for this devastation.

But aside from this Lucas also noticed the distinct look on his father's face. His body might be okay from the outside but his face shows an exhausted look.

"Hubert we've been anxiously looking for you, where have you been?." Sir Anton gladly said as he put his right hand on Hubert's shoulder as a show of appreciation.

Which Hubert only replied:

"The explosion had sent me flying by a large distance so I apologize if I make you all worry for nothing." Hubert doesn't want to admit it but he thought it was already his end earlier.

He survive that explosion by sheer luck.

If he didn't have the shield of obedience with him then he would definitely meet his end earlier.

Although his head is already muddled during the fight he still have a sharp judgement that's why he notice the impending storm coming on his way.

As his fight with those weird flying monster prolonged Hubert doesn't have a choice but to used more of his power.

His goal is to kill them all as soon as possible in order to give himself time to guide his people on defending the city.

But during the fight he noticed that most of his attacks are ineffective in harming them, even if he uses his sword skills it's only enough to wound them.

From this, Hubert knows that he needs to exert more power if he wanted to kill them all. And he fully knows the complications of doing it.

He is aware that the more power he used the more he loses himself into the fight. But he have no other choice as he was the only one who can fight this 3 weird creatures at the same time.

Hubert finally decided to fully unleash his power even if fall into a manic state for several hours or days. It doesn't matter.

What's important is to keep this 3 creatures away from the city. Because he has a strong feeling that something bad would happen once he let this bloated creature enter the city perimeter.

And he is right.

Because after a long grueling battle Hugo finally found a way to penetrate the skin of this creatures.

And that's when he felt a strong dread creeping up in his heart causing him to have a shiver.

As a precaution, Hubert immediately readies the shield of obedience that he has hidden on his body commanding it to show its true form.

Due to its unique ability the shield of obedience can shrink itself to the size of a small pin and no one would be able to discover its peculiarity aside from the owner.

That's why when Hubert commanded the shield to wake up and shows it's true form that's also the same time that a violent reaction occurred.

Using a large amount of aura Hubert created a spear made out of compressed aura and even he himself is having a hard time keeping it in this form as aura always wanted to expand making it harder for him to use this White spear of energy as a weapon.

But at last, after finding the perfect timing to attack Hubert was able to quickly send the spear flying to the body of the bloated creature.

And due to the huge amount of compressed aura and power behind this attack, the creature's defense finally failed.

Hubert watches everything unfold in front of him. He saw how the white spear of aura penetrated the body of the bloated creature that looks like a balloon and how it rapidly expands before exploding.

Even the surviving creatures with bat-like wings and 7 snakes head have died from this explosion.

But thanks to Hubert's preparedness he was able to shield his body from harm as the Shield of Obedience fully unfold it's power in front of him.

Protecting him from the powerful explosion and intense heat but Hubert failed to resist the shockwave of this magnitude as he was sent back flying by a long distance.

That's what everyone witnessed in the city of Florentine. The mushroom cloud was created through this event.

The atomic scale explosion does not come from him but he did cause the explosion. But it was not him who created it, instead, it was his attack that triggered it causing a catastrophic reaction in the monster's body.

Hubert considered this as a blessing in disguise because he was certain that this bloated creature is more dangerous than the other 2 despite its docile appearance.

And he was right.

The bloated creature might not be as hostile as the others since it doesn't have any capability to attack anyone but Hubert finds it weird for such creature to have a strong defense.

And now, everything is clear to him that the bloated creature is a living bomb of unstable mana that might explode at any moment.

Thanks to Hubert's interference the Bloated creature failed to enter their land and instead it was forced to detonate outside of their city lessening the destruction and saving countless life's in the process.

The reason why Hubert decided to stay for a while is to calm down his nerves as he has already rich the limit that his mind can handle.

He knows that with his current state he has a large tendency to lose control of himself and he might even cause some scene.

That's why he decided to take a rest first while forcefully calming himself as his mind is still in a manic state.

And only a few people know about this kind of problem of him including Hugo. That's why when Hugo found him he didn't disturb him first as was already familiar on how to handle his manic state.

This is the reason why Hugo took some time to announce his discovery despite finding him early as he still needs to wait for Hubert to regain some of his control.

Hugo just watches him from afar without doing any threatening move waiting for Hubert to call him by his name.

Because it's a signal that both of them are familiar with that Hubert has once again regained his rationality.

So when Hubert finally called Hugo's name as a go signal he immediately went to his side to assist himself from walking.

But Hugo decided to give him some more time to calm himself so they walk for several minutes while Hugo guides him back towards the location of the explosion before Hugo announces his findings.

And that's what Lucas and the other Knights witnessed when they first saw both of them as they got back from their search.

Although in the eye of other people it might look like Hugo is supporting Hubert's body from the outside but the truth is, he is actually restraining him in order to prevent him from going on a sudden rampage.

This is the reason why Hubert rarely uses his full power in a fight. He doesn't like the feeling of losing control of his own mind and body.

That is why Hubert forced himself to constantly maintain the same output of power as Hugo. To not activate this hidden disease of his.

Hubert is doing this not just for himself but also for others as his self-control in manic state is quite loose.

He doesn't want to accidentally harm his people while on this state that's why he chooses to distant his self first for the safety of others.

All of this quickly passed by in Hubert's mind as he finished reminiscing about the previous event.

"It doesn't matter the important thing is your back safe and sound." Mark replied to him upon hearing his answer for where did he go.

"It's a miracle you've survive this explosion but I'm thankful that you're still alive. You still need to attend my wedding." Kiel said in a joking manner but his voice failed to hide his worries.

"But at last your back don't worry about the city it's safe our people are safe." Kiel added as he saw the worried look on his face.

"I'm glad to hear that news. I would like to thank you all for your contribution for today's matter but kiel you need to find a wife first before inviting me into your wedding." Hubert replied to lighten up the mood.

He knows that this people are worried about him and they're already tired from this exhausting battle.

That's why he just wanted them to go back home now.

"Let's go home." Hubert said calmly as they all started walked back as they observe the devastation around them.

On their way back, people can no longer keep their mouth shut as many questions flooded their mind.

"Sir Hugo what are we gonna do now?" Michael ask suddenly as they all look at him in dazed.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4