Chapter 8.5
1k 17 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note: Here we go again.

This is not a bl story everything that happens here only plays inside her mind. If you want to know why I put certain elements like this in my story then blame the roman empire. When I'm searching for things related to ancient civilizations I stumbled upon their favorite leisure. 

Sandra's POV.

Master Lucas, had suddenly decided to venture outside the mansion just because he suddenly wanted to take a stroll.

Together with Michael and a few soldiers we all made our way outside.

On our way to the market, Master Lucas, gaze have never left the window of the carriage, and as I looked in the direction he was looking at, there I found Michael riding on a white horse.

I stared at Master Lucas for a few minutes, wondering when he would notice me looking at him, but a few moments had passed by and his gaze still remained outside the window.

As I can no longer tolerate the situation I decided to ask Master Lucas a question.

"Young Master, you've been staring at the window for a while now, are you thinking of something or do you perhaps have any thoughts bothering you?" I ask in order to break the quite atmosphere inside the carriage and the answer he gave me is something that I didn't expect.

"It's nothing, I just want to appreciate the scenery." I think something has just exploded in my mind.

Scene-Scenery? He is looking at Michael this entire time and he considers that as scenery.

I know that Michael is an attractive knight, like a piece of art that can be shown to anyone, but this is not something I expect tha would come from him.

No. no. no. Sandra don't think anything improper about the young lord. I just need to do my job properly. This is what I'm repeatedly trying to say to myself in order to calm me down.

It was a good thing that I was trained to keep my composure at all times, as I take a deep breath and exhale a large air from my chest.

When we reached the marketplace, Master Lucas has suddenly asked a random vendor about the beans he was selling, and inquired about the information about it.

Then suddenly he decided to assign this vendor, named Victor, to become one of our personnel to personally report to him once a week.

What an impulsive behavior.

He also told us about the possible threat that merchants posed against the nobility and it terrifies me to know that a merchant can actually have the ability to control the economy of an entire kingdom as this kind of concept is unheard of.

But after that fiasco, Master Lucas directly went into the enchanted forest as Michael led our way and since I'm new to this place, I just decided to take this opportunity to observe everything around me.

I got lost in the track of time as I forgot to pay any attention to them, as I was busy, watching the exotic view of this enchanted forest while they both went missing from my sight, but their voices could still be heard as Michael kept saying Hoo! Haa! in a loud voice announcing their presence in this place.

I quickly run towards their direction and I saw Master Lucas jump as he used his sword to slice mid air but he managed to get stuck on the branch of a tree while trying to break a fruit from its branch.

But then he falls down.

If you can just see the pure horror on my face when I saw him fall while his sword followed after him.

Thank goodness Michael managed to catch him on time before the worst thing happened.

It's my responsibility to keep him safe at all times.

That's why I can't stop myself from giving him a sermon.

Just thinking about the possible outcome if something worse happened, I don't even know how I would explain that to Master Hubert.

But then he just answered me with a carefree tone as he showed us the fruit that he had got.

Michael teaches him about the fruit and they just keep talking, not minding that Master Lucas was put into danger earlier.

I was just about to reprimand both of them when I heard Master Lucas say.

"Finally, some normal food to eat, Michael. I swear that today is the day you'll be able to taste one of the most delicious food ever in your life." Wha-what does he mean by this?

Is it the same as the thing that the old maid told me?

Do they really have that kind of relationship?

Does Michael treat Master Lucas the same way? Oh no no no Sandra, I need to stop thinking about this.

That old witch is poisoning my mind with those forbidden books of hers. I don't even know if I can still find a partner now due to that book.

I suddenly loose all my enthusiasm about men and only those kinds of book can ignite my passion.

Blushing like a maniac upon this thought and with the continuous voices of both of them, had me running away from them while covering my ears as I can't take this anymore.

I just decided to wait for their return in the carriage while calming myself down.

If I just didn't read that book accidentally then I wouldn't have this kind of wicked thought against our lord or towards any other man.

It took them a while to return.

It might be because they picked more fruit on their way back.

And then the young master asked me if I was fine and I just said that I was okay.

The whole trip back to the mansion is much more peaceful than expected, but Master Lucas keeps his gaze at the big fruit on his lap during the entire journey.

I need to stop thinking about those bad thoughts now.

That's not what a proper lady should act like, but I can't help myself from reading all the recommendations that were made by Melissa.

Now I don't even know if I could have my peaceful life back without those improper thoughts about forbidden love.

I even joined their little private club just to hear the latest gossip in the territory.

Ahhhhh! I don't care anymore, I just need to mind my own life.

Away from all the troubles and to find a place to relax my mind and body.

Yeah I might just need to listen to Josephines story about what she heard regarding the romance between some visiting soldiers.

-end- of –povv

35