Chapter 31: Energy Veins
535 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31: Energy Veins.

Bright lights from the morning sun have passed into my rooms window, shinning on my face in the process that also woke me up from my slumber as I felt the warm sunlight into my skin.

Despite the peaceful and serene atmosphere in my room, I know that a lot of people are still implicated by the fear brought by the magic beast roar yesterday.

I should have been woken up earlier, by one of our servants, but it seems like every one of them are still asleep.

Some of them have probably stayed wide awake the entire night wondering about their fate and only managed to fall asleep early this morning.

Though I can't blame them, it is also the first time that the city of Florentine suffers from this kind of danger. A rank 5 magic beast is something that couldn't be ignored by anyone.

I quickly stand off my bed and changed my clothes when I suddenly heard the faint sound of someone running outside my room. It must be one of the servants in our house who's duty is to wake me up.

I heard her on how she try to clear out her voice outside and relax her breathing before proceeding on knocking on my door.

"G-Good Morning M-Master Lu-Lucas Breakfast has been served in the dining room.... I mean... ah! It's morning now so you should wake up..." she said weakly followed by "Damn it" as she whispered in an annoyed voice.

She doesn't know that I can clearly hear her inside my room due to my enhanced senses. And it looks like she messes up her sentence for waking me up, but that's okay, and understandable, since it's just been her first week working here in the mansion she was also Melissa's niece.

While Melissa is indeed capable of doing this kind of work but she is also the head maid of the mansion.

She has a lot of responsibilities to handle, and since we now have enough money due to our earnings for the past few months.

Father has decided to hire and employed more people to work for the Beaufort mansion as we are severely understaffed.

Before, when the treasury of the territory is not in a good health, father was forced to employ a small number of people to take care of the mansion despite its huge size.

Most of our servants need to share their workload with others in order to finish it. Normally a mansion of this size would need dozens of servants to maintain it at the most optimal condition.

"Master Lucas, are you awake, Lord Hubert is waiting for you in the dining room." She said as she knocks louder on my door.

"Yes, I'm awake!" I said as I finished on changing my clothes before I walked towards her and open my door.

"What the-." I immediately said upon seeing her appearance.

"What happen to you?" I ask in surprise as I look at her from head to toe.

"Wh-What do you mean master Lucas is there something wrong with me?" She said as she try to fix her uniform and hair that looks like a bird's nest.

She also has a big eye bags under her eyes, and her uniform is also crumpled. It's obvious that she has just put it on in a hurry.

"You might wanna go back to your room and fixed yourself Thea. I'm sure that Melissa wouldn't be thrilled to see you in the mansion looking like that." I said to her slowly as she still try to fixed her uniform.

"Thank you Master Lucas then I'll go now." Thea said to me as she quickly bows down and hurriedly run back to her room.

I just watched her back till she vanished from my sight before I decided to walk towards the dining room.

Thea had just started working here for a week and hasn't been exposed to the strict training of Melissa as she is currently busy with managing all the other new hires in the house. That's why it's understandable that she doesn't have the same behavior as the other staff.

Melissa herself, is the one who assigned Thea, to assist me with my daily routine in the mansion. She has already told Thea everything that she needed to know, but she still can't avoid commiting some small mistakes.

I have spent my morning by having my breakfast, together with my father as we talked about the meeting he have arranged after our meals.

"I have already called all of our knights to explain what Gaspar has told us yesterday, but I still didn't expect that Ethan would visit us this morning to bring us the good news, about his success of brewing the Mana potion." Father said happily as he joyfully eat his breakfast.

"Wait Father, You mean that Ethan has succeeded in making that potion in just one night?" I asks in shock as I looked at him with big eyes.

Even though I know that Ethan has a huge talent for this field, but I didn't expect that it would only take him a night, to make the mana potion, especially since this is his first time making it.

"Yes! that's right, he excitedly told me about his process in making it earlier this morning, and I know that all our knights would be glad to hear about this good news." Father shared with me enthusiastically as he started to pick up more dishes from the table.

"Wow, that's amazing but then, are there any side effects about this potion? We all know that every potion he makes always has terrible side effects." I said to him as I pick up a piece of bread and put some cheese on it.

"This time I personally tried that potion, and it works well, I didn't even manage to experience any side effects at all, and this is also the reason why Ethan was so happy. He told me that this is his first time perfecting a recipe for mana potion." Father explain to me as he pick up something below his chair and put it on the table.

It is a vial of glowing blue liquid with a sliver of silver on the liquid inside of it.

"The bottle is only this small? Would it be enough to restore all the spirit of a knight?" I said in wonder as I stopped eating my bread.

The vial that father puts to the table is only a quarter in size compared to the size of a regular potion.

"Ethan said that this is the concentrated extract from the Magic fruit, and it is 50% more powerful than other potions. That's why this small vial is more than enough." Father said excitedly as he picks up another vial and put it closer to his eyes to observed it closely.

"Though it would take me 3 vials of this potion before I felt full, but we can't deny that this is the most effective potion we have right now." He added before he stop looking at it before taking a sip of his coffee as he put the vial of potion beside his plate.

"Then how many vials can Ethan make from those magic fruits?" I asks in surprise as I closely observed this small vial of mana potion.

"It's a thousands vials masters Lucas." suddenly said by Ethan as he enters the dining room in an exaggerated manner.

"HOW MANY?" Both I and my father said at the same time as we looked at him in shock.

"It's 1250 vials to be exact, some of them have failed due to the imperfect ratio of ingredients, but most of them are successful." Ethan said calmly as he takes a look at our faces before revealing a small proud smile on his lips.

You should understand that a vial of this mana potion would cost us a thousand gold coins, if we purchase it in the potion guild. but he just said that he has made 1250 vials of this mana potion in one night.

At the same time, his potions are more potent than the one that is available in the market.

So I'm sure that it would cost more, if it was introduced in the market.

"How many potions did you say you make?" Suddenly asked by Michael who rapidly open the door as he confronted Ethan.

He must have heard it on his way here in the dining room, that causes him to rush over in this place.

"I said it's 1250 vials, are all of you have problems with hearing?" Ethan sarcastically said as he takes his seat on the opposite side of me.

"1250 vials, then how many times could I train without stop if I used it all?" Michael whispered as he stared at the walls with greedy smiles evident on his face.

Although I know that this man is addicted to training, I didn't know that he was even willing to sacrifice his rest just to strengthen himself.

Wait a minute.

"Michael since when did you advance in 3rd rank junior knight?" I ask in alarm once again as I looked at him with at most horror.

It hasn't been long since this man has advanced to 4th rank and yet after just a few months he already levels up.

What the heck, how many times do I have to question myself, am I really the protagonist of this world or am I just a side character.

I don't know what have I done wrong, I have never stopped training even a single day l, but still, his progress is much faster than me, I'm only at the middle stage of 5th rank junior knight.

"Just last night, master Lucas, the suppression of the magic beast has helped me refine my energy more efficiently than before causing me to break through to the next rank." Happily explain by Michael as he gets back to reality.

"How the heck did you even do that?" I said in disbelief as I lost my appetite from eating my breakfast.

I also experience the terrible feeling from the suppression of a powerful magic beast, but I didn't even experience any improvement with my energy refining in my body. Am I dumb or they are just cheating.

"I don't know master Lucas, I just feel it inside my body, it felt like it has suddenly connected to something that makes it easier for me to refined this energy." Michael said in a baffled tone as he scratched the back of his head.

"Michael might be pertaining to one of his energy veins. You all know that our entire body has a lot of blood vessels and veins, but we also have something we called as energy veins. It is something that we can only feel inside our body once we have started our cultivation with mana elements." Father suddenly said in an excited tone as he stopped eating his meals.

"It is also very difficult for anyone to find this veins inside their body. Even I takes an entire year before I was able to feel it and make a connection to it." He added as he stares at Michael with a proud smile on his face.

"Father, do you mean that Michaels progress with his cultivation will become much faster?" I said with envy on my tone.

Now that he was able to make a connection to the energy veins in his body it wouldn't take him long before he once again level up to another level.

14