Chapter 32: Potion
383 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32: Potion.

"Yes, it's different for everyone, but people who have found the energy veins inside their body have made great progress with their knight cultivation. Some have only lasted for a year before their progress goes back to normal, while others have lasted for 5 years." Father says calmly as he eats a piece of steak.

"Then father how long do you think would it last for him." I ask seriously as I tilt my head toward Michael's direction.

It would not be good for me if Michael's progress continuously improves, because I would be beaten up. We always do our sparring, and I've been using techniques from the modern earth for a while now. Michael's fighting skills have improved significantly since then.

Not only does he have the strength and wit of the traditional knights from this world, but he also adopted the cunningness of modern human strategy.

Not only did it make him stronger, but it also made it much harder for me to defend myself from his attacks.

"I'm not sure." Father said seriously as he shakes his head before he puts down the cutlery on his hands.

"Michael's situation is different from mine, and with the help of a regular supply of mana potions, it would definitely be longer than a year and his progress would also grow faster than before." He adds, putting one of his hands towards his chin.

"Father, Did you do anything to find that energy veins inside your body, or is there any secret or tips that you can share to help me find my own energy veins?" I ask with concern, looking intently into his eyes.

"I'm afraid I can't share anything useful with you, Lucas. Energy veins are located at different points on our body, and only you can find and try to make a connection to it." Father said in a dejected voice as he looked at me sadly in the eyes.

"Well then, is there anything I can use to find those energy veins in my body?" I ask eagerly, trying not to sound affected by the news.

It has been a while since I transmigrated into this world, but it seems like I'm still oblivious to a lot of things.

I didn't expect that there were still a lot of secrets about knight cultivation in this world that I wasn't aware of, even after reading hundreds of books.

"It's always the same thing, everyone would just say that they used the same body exercises that we are already using as the basis to find it, and even I just got the chance of finding it by luck." Father said calmly when he saw that I wasn't affected by it.

"So, not all people can find these energy veins in their body then?" I ask as I look at Michael's body which is now glistening in sweat. A sign that he just finished his morning exercises that I taught him.

"Yes, and actually there are more people who spend their lives looking for their own energy veins in their body but didn't even see a glimpsed of it." Father said seriously before picking up a cup of his coffee.

"That's just tragic." I slowly said with an uncertain tone as I slowly go back to my sit.

"That's because it's their only hope. They hope that it will help them ascend to a higher level of power." Father said solemnly as he gently takes a sip of it savoring its taste.

The people in this world of Telostra would gain more life force as they ascended to a new rank of power.

This is also the reason why most people are very dedicated to their cultivation and resort to using a lot of resources to increase the mana elements in their bodies.

"I'm sure I can also find my own energy vein in my body." I said with a forceful smile on my face but the truth is I don't even know where to start.

"You can definitely do it master Lucas." enthusiastically said by Michael as he pats my back with his sweaty hands as an assurance.

"You became an official knight at the young age of 11, so I know you can find those energy veins inside your body." He added as he gives me a wide smile before he takes a seat beside me and started to eat his breakfast.

I guess my cultivation is still effective because the unknown aura that Michael unconsciously excludes hasn't affected me at all.

"Wait? Did you mean that Master Lucas has advanced to a junior rank at the age of 11?" Ethan asks in great shock as he looks at me with great interest evident in his eyes.

We almost forgot that we haven't told this news to Ethan before since he always enclosed himself in his room for potion-making.

"Ah! Yes." Father exclaimed as he explains everything to Ethan. "He managed to advance on his rank as a junior knight a few months ago but not a lot of people know about that news," Father said to him seriously as he picks up a vial of a mana potion.

"Is there something wrong father?" I ask him as he looks intently at the vial of the glowing blue potion.

"Nothing, it's just I still can't believe that we now have an access to this kind of potion, thanks to Ethan we would be able to strengthen our forces." Father said as he gave Ethan a grateful look.

"I just did my job. The one we all need to thank about this is Gaspar, since he is the one that brought us the vital ingredients to make this potion possible." Ethan says as he clasps his hands.

"Indeed." Father says as he finished drinking his coffee.

"And every one of us would be always thankful for both of you. Without your help, this wouldn't be possible at all." Father added as he calmly stares at Ethan.

"I also did it for myself," Ethan said calmly without blinking an eye.

"This is the first time I handled a magical material for my potion, so of course, I would be more than happy to help." He said with a deadpan expression on his face but his eyes says otherwise.

Even Michael doesn't believe the shit that Ethan has just talked about, as he gave him a stinky-eye look.

All of us here, are aware of Ethan's personality and to be honest, a lot of people wouldn't appreciate or like him at all.

It's just a good thing that my father doesn't really mind this kind of behavior of his.

But that is the opposite for other people. There was one time when Melissa heard Ethan talk to my father like a random stranger, and it almost sent the old lady into shock. She just stares at him in horror wondering where did this rotten brat have pull the guts to talk this rudely with my father.

Although she didn't confront Ethan about this as my father had already talked to her about it.

"Master Lucas, would you mind if I ask you to try my other potion as well? This would greatly help me in improving my skills, and know more about its effects on knights that have just transcended." Ethan suddenly said to me as he gave me an eager look. Excited about the prospect of me drinking all the potion he has in his arsenal.

But the only feeling I have right now is utter disgust and horror.

Since young, I've been subjected to his potions that aim's to increase my resistance against illnesses and to help strengthen my body.

And all it does to me is give me unimaginable pain and torture, as most of his works always come with "mild" side effects. This is also the reason why I have a great dislike for the potion.

Aside from the side effects it also comes with a terrible taste that will linger in your mouth for a long time.

"I think that's a great idea," Father said as he gave Ethan the approval he needed.

"Lucas is now an official knight and the side effects of your potion would have fewer effects on him. This is also the perfect time for you to try out the effects of your other potion, you might also include the other knights." Father said as he stands up from his seat and leaving both of us with dumbfounded expressions on our faces.

Michael and I stares at each for a while before he said to me the word "It's not that bad master Lucas, you will eventually get used to it." he says as he gave me an assuring look.

It's easy for him to say those words since he doesn't really mind any of the side effects or taste of the potion that Ethan makes. As long as it's effective and could help him reach his goals.

But for me who grew up on earth without suffering from any kind of difficulties aside from my stress with work and money. The idea that I need to work with Ethan to improve his potion makes me wanna run into the enchanted forest.

"Can you make it sweeter then?" The only question I ask Ethan before agreeing with my father's request.

I know the importance of Ethan's work. So for the better future of the city and for my future, I would do it, even though it is against my will.

15