Chapter 33: The Great Movement
387 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33: The Great Movement.

Meanwhile, far away from the territory of the Florentine city is the noisy and busy streets of the Great Fortress.

A lot of soldiers, Knights, and Wizards can be seen patrolling the entire stretch of the Fortress wall. And from this location, anyone can see the desolate place of the northern continent.

If someone decided to look down from this wall, all they could see is a place that people called "purgatory".

Anyone would immediately notice the huge contrast of this land upon looking down from above the sky.

On the other half of the thick wall, we can see a huge section of land full of vitality and vibrant color of green. While on the other side, is like a dark desert full of dried trees and skeletal remains of humans and demonic creatures.

A large part of the wall also has a large dark spot filled with the patch mark from the corrosion caused by the blood of demonic creatures.

This dark blood covers the entire land below the fortress, covered in putrid and corrosive dried blood as a result of the unending attack of Demonic creatures.

But one thing remains the same. No matter how long time passes by, the number of people assigned to guard this fortress has never decreased at all.

But this time the scene is quite different from the usual calm, as the entire fortress is now on high alert. Since the appearance of bright aurora lights on this land, the Demonic creatures have once again become active and their attacks per day grow continuously.

It is also the same for their number. The Helios empire has already sent an official letter to every kingdom and empire about the new situation in the Great Fortress, but for now, everything is still under their control.

"Captain!" said by a soldier in an uneasy voice.

"The number of demonic creatures is continuously growing. Some of our soldiers are getting hurt and our situation doesn't look good." He added as he approaches a man covered in dark armor from head to toe.

The man also has an enormous sword on his back, together with a massive shield in his left hand. It makes the perfect picture of a valiant warrior.

"Did anyone among us get injured during the fight?" The man in armor said with a heavy tone in his voice.

"None so far, sir knight." said the soldier as he kneeled on one knee.

"Then we have nothing to fear. It's just the weaklings getting hurt by this kind of a low number of demonic creatures." He said as he dragged down his shield towards the wall.

"But a lot of those noble knights demanded to be pulled out from the battlefield." said by another soldier with armor covered in scratches.

"Another reason why I hate those knights from the noble family is they only transcended because of using the potions from that guild. They lack the braveness of a real knight." The captain angrily said as he looked at the ongoing fights below the wall. "They all act like a baby needed to be taken care off." he said with gritted teeth.

Down below the wall is a huge number of Demonic creatures attacking the fortress. But because of the huge number of soldiers and Knights on the battlefield, none of them can come close to the great wall. And yet, even from this place, they can hear the loud shouts of soldiers and roars of those demonic creatures.

Out of a sudden, a string of many fireballs flew from the sky as the wizards also joined in the fight to defend the Great fortress from the siege of an unending wave of Demonic creatures.

The string of magic fireballs rains down from the sky decimating any creatures it hits into ashes.

The situation has become better thanks to the wizards who continuously unleashed their spells, as more and more wizards have chanted their spells to focus their mana on the battlefield, lessening the burden of soldiers and Knights.

Thousands of sharp blades made from the aura and countless lightning have suddenly fallen down on the approaching wave of Demonic creatures.

This attack greatly helped them to alleviate the situation as it reduced the number of demonic creatures.

This has been the third time this month that the Demonic creatures have attacked the fortress, and since the aurora happens the demonic creatures have continuously grown their number.

No matter how many they killed, their number didn't seem to be decreasing at all.

"Captain!" Loudly shouted by one soldier as he runs toward their captain.

"I just got a notice from the headquarters. The leaders have already decided to declare it officially," he said with a voice filled with tension.

"The demonic creatures have once against considered as the number one threat to humans, and they're calling for more reinforcement from other kingdoms and empires." Worriedly said by this young soldier who just got back from the meeting held by the leaders of the Great Fortress.

Thousands of wizards have announced the situation on the entire continent. They spend their huge amount of mana reserves to use the ancient relic in the Fortress in order to inform the entire continent about the bad news.

We can see the massive magic formation encircling the Great Fortress, as thousands of wizards are constantly chanting the same spell. The entire formation itself is made from countless magic circles and sigils overlapping each other.

"Arrendous lemuis cortinental impornant guwes Inimbra!" said by thousands of voices at the same time, as their body glowed with blue color because of the massive amount of mana being transferred to the magic spell from their body.

The mana around this place has temporarily become tangible and can be seen by the naked eye.

The light crystals illuminating the entire Great Fortress flickered by several times as a bright white light rises into the sky and spread around the entire continent of Vreachland.

As the bright light spread around the sky of the Vreachland continent, countless kingdoms and empires suddenly received an alert message from the Great Fortress.

Most of them use a magic craft known as the Great antenna to listen and deliver their messages across the boundless land of the continent.

Wizards that are stationed to operate every antenna suddenly detected a huge fluctuation of mana waves spreading across the sky, and as they listen to the message that it brought, an immense feeling of dread envelops their hearts.

The era of the Demonic creatures has risen once again. But this time, there's something new as they are alarmed about the news, regarding the new variants of demonic creatures that they have never seen before, This new variants of demonic creatures have suddenly show up on the battlefield.

Although the news that they received is just a Formal declaration of the Helios empire regarding the Demonic creatures becoming active.

It still made their body tremble, as they think about the new possibility of war rising from the central continent, as a lot of blood would flow, once again on that cursed land.

The wizards on duty immediately operated the Great antenna and quickly send an order to their messenger to deliver the message they have received from the sky to their king and queens at the fastest time possible.

The Great antenna is a type of magic craft created to serve as the emergency messenger among kingdoms separated by vast land.

In order to build this thing, the Kingdom must spend a huge amount of resources as well as manpower to maintain it and keep it functioning.

Every kingdom had this installed on their territory a long time ago when the attack of demonic creatures is more common than now. They used it to listen for more calls of reinforcement from the fortress in order to fight off the horde of demonic creatures.

With the sudden news from Great Fortress, it took every kingdom on the continent by surprise as they process the news about the rise of demonic creatures.

Causing panic among them. At the same time, this news has also spread at an alarming rate among the noble circle.

Little do they know that this is just the beginning of everything, as the ancient terminal under the northern mountains has lit up once again.

And countless messages in red appeared on the ancient screen. Although it was written in the ancient language of Humanity there are still one thing that can be understood from this sight and it wasn't a good thing.

As the messages constantly flash on the screen of the terminal, a lot of alert messages can be seen overlapping with each other.

And from the screen of the ancient terminal, a familiar text appeared and from that, we can read a few lines of sentences.

-System Malfunction-

-Magic sigil function offline

-#&$-#&#:#-($))#

-#-$+$73-#($-#+$($-#

- Action required.

-#6$+$;#(#&(-

- Warning Imminent failure in sector 4

-Anomaly in containment field generators are detected in sector 4.

-$#-@- Imminent failure detected.

-Power supply is currently down to 50%.

-Contacting Engineering team....

-Contact Failed...

-System restart Initiated.

.

.

.

.

.

.-System Online

-Detected multiple concerns in the system immediate actions required.

-Contacting headquarters command center.

-Contact failed…

The list goes on and on and some of the messages have been corrupted, as the ancient terminal has restarted itself.

The entire power supply in this underground cave has also suddenly gone offline.

At the same time that it happens, a huge number of Demonic creatures suddenly flow into the land of the northern continent without the knowledge of everyone, but something is different this time, as a massive being is constantly moving towards the Great Fortress.

The previous magnetic field hindering it from crossing the land has vanished, and a lot of its minions have suddenly gained their freedom to move.

As ordinary people live their normal lives in the mortal land, they didn't know that a much bigger problem is on its way.

A piece of terrible news has suddenly spread in the entire land, as the Knights and Wizards are suddenly called in every kingdom on the continent for an emergency meeting announced by their respected king and queen.

What they didn't know is that the great movement has just begun, and a huge number of people would sacrifice their lives once again to try and maintain the balance. But everything is already too late as the massive creature, is already free from its shackles commanding its army to move forward towards the man's land.

16