Chapter 37: A sudden request.
326 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37: A sudden request.

It didn't take me that long to meet up with sir Callisto.

As after that day I talked to Michael he immediately arranged a time for both of us to meet the following day.

"I once said to you, Michael, that I won't do any rash decision when I meet and speak to him. But what the heck, you immediately set us up to meet today, and you didn't even give me some time to prepare." I said to Michael while giving him a resentful look.

I don't even manage to prepare any strategy that I can use to face this man. I mean I'm still an 11 year old child in this world and someone who is much older than me wanted to speak with me for an important reason.

It doesn't look right at all. The one he should be meeting with is my father, since he is the current leader and ruler of this city but he chooses to speak with me of all people.

Though I must admit, that after I transcended to knighthood my physical development has suddenly spiked.

No one would think that I'm still an 11-year-old kid with my current body, as just in a span of 6 months my body has grown by almost a meter.

I know it sounds insane but it did happen to me.

I don't even know how could my body grow so fast and where did I get all the nutrition to support my physical development.

As of right now, I look more like a young adult than a child. At first, I thought that people would be surprised to see my development but they didn't.

They all act like this is just a normal thing, and then I found out that this is a very common phenomenon in this world of Telostra.

Even ordinary humans would go through this process and it always happens at a very young age, and in my case, it is even considered as a late development that they have just associated through my illness.

The past 6 months of my body development have really freaked me out. Since a huge change on my body is happening at a very fast rate, and even though I already experience this process  before*ahem* Puberty on my last life on earth. I'm still uncomfortable waking up with a raging hormones on my mid body every morning.

My voice has also changed from a kid to a more deep baritone sound.

It also didn't help that I need to change my clothes every week, as my body outgrows them before they even wore out.

It's just a good thing that our financial capabilities have improved during this past few month, that also helps me to afford more new clothes.

In fact, every time I looked at the mirror I can't help but be mesmerized by my own looks. I look like someone who came out from a fairytale book.

Even the huge differences in height between me and Michael have vanished as we both now stand at 6 ft.

My muscles and body shape have also adapted to a more mature look despite my age, and I now look like the younger brother of my father, than his son due to our splitting image.

I'm also thankful for the wonderful genes that my parents have given to me as they blessed me with this kind of image in this world.

But still-

My thoughts were cut off when Michael suddenly talk to me about his reason for the rush meeting.

"Master Lucas, it's not me who arranged this meeting for today it was all the work of sir Callisto. He was glad to know that you agreed to speak with him and he immediately asks for your time today, he says that it is something urgent." Michael explains to me as he gave me an apologetic look.

Ah! whatever, it would still be the same thing, even if he arranged for us to meet up in a few days, Callisto would still be eager to speak with me for an unknown reason.

The meeting would be held at the Beaufort mansion and even if I want to include my father for this meet-up, he is still busy with fixing the damages that the fear of the magic beast has brought to our city.

My father has allowed me to make any decisions on my own regarding the things that I would talk about with sir Callisto. He told me that he trusted my decision and I'm old enough to handle this.

I'm thankful for my father's support as I don't have that back on earth but still this is something new to me.

"What time did he tell you his going to come?" I suddenly asks Michael as we both walked towards the room for the meeting.

"Sir Callisto told me that he would come to this morning, Master Lucas," Michael said as we passed down the large painting of Beaufort's ancestors.

"This early?" I ask as I look at him in surprise.

It is most common to conduct a meeting during noon or afternoon rather than early this morning as most nobles have a lot of things to do during the first hour of the day.

"Why is he such in a rush? He seems to be in a hurry to speak with me, Is there something important that I didn't know?" I said to Michael as both of us look at each other with a puzzled gaze.

"I don't have any idea master Lucas as I've only spoken with him for a brief moment regarding his request," Michael said while lost in thought.

I just don't have anything to say to him at this time so we just proceed to the meeting place.

It didn't take us long before we get into the room and I ask James to bring us some tea and cookies as a snack for it might take us the entire day before we finished this talk with Callisto.

Thanks to my insistence for more variety of food and experimentation that I have done in re-creating some of the normal food from earth. We now have more dishes that we can serve to our guests that they can enjoy compared to before as we only served them with bread and tea.

it is also part of my plan to have a much better living standard in this era as I can't stand to eat unpalatable dishes for a long time.

I was about to open my mouth to take a sip of my tea, when the door suddenly opens and sir Callisto comes in while wearing his expensive-looking armor.

If anyone from the earth can just see him in person. I think they would be stunned at the sight of him.

If Michael's look is comparable to a knight in shining armor then this man can be compared to the epitome of Male handsomeness.

I know... I know it sounds weird but it's the truth. I already said before that Michael can become a successful model or artist on earth but this man is in a different League.

And here I thought that with my more mature look, I can already compete and be on the same stage with Michael, but I didn't expect that this man would just destroy it all.

"It's an honor for me to speak with someone like you master Lucas," Callisto said before taking a salute.

Even though he is much older than me and has a stronger strength, my rank as a nobility is still much higher than him so it is normal for him to show his respect to me.

But I'm still not used to this feeling of being praised by people, who I barely know just because of my social status.

"It is also an honor for me to meet someone from the Stratnan family, as it is rare for us to receive a guest like you in this place." I said in response to his etiquette.

"Oh! Sir Callisto before we proceed please have some of this first." I said courtly to him as I handed him freshly baked cookies and a cup of tea.

"This is the new specialty of our house and I would be happy to hear your feedback regarding this new dish." I added as I shortly smile in a polite manner.

"It's an honor for me to meet someone like you sir Callisto." respectfully said by Michael beside me as he gave him a knight salute.

" I'm thankful for the warm welcome I received from both of you and also for these delicious snacks. But forgive me and I will be abrupt. Please allow me to transfer my family here to your city." Callisto suddenly said as he kneeled down on his one knee.

Michael and I are both taken aback by the sudden turn of events, because this is far from what we are expecting to happen.

I thought that he would just ask me some advice or he would request an assistance to form a coalition in order to regain their standing in Kingstown city.

But what's in front of me and the thing that I just heard from him is something that I didn't expect at all.

"Sir Callisto this request of yours is too sudden and shocking at the same time, may I know the reason why?" I ask in a hurry as I could see that his mind is not in the best form right now.

12