Chapter 39: Callisto’s Peculiar Ability
314 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39: Callisto's Peculiar Ability.

"I know that you are trying to hide your strength from the people who have ill intention against your family, and rest assured that I would also keep my mouth shut about this." Callisto told me in a serious voice as he look at us with a firm gaze.

I didn't expect that someone would be able to find out about my status as a junior knight since I'm sure that I carefully hid all the energy flow of my body using a technique that I came up with.

"How did you find out?" I ask as I looked at him in shock.

"I'm sure that I didn't let any of my energy to leak out from my body so you shouldn't be able to feel it." I added as we both looked at each other with a serious expressions on our faces.

"I don't know how you managed to do it master Lucas, but your technique in hiding your energy is truly superb. No one would be able to see it immediately but I'm different." Callisto said in a calm manner as he take a sip of his tea.

"Since I was young I know that I was different from other kids my age. I'm more sensitive to energy than normal. Even if I closed my eyes, I can easily detect anyone around me as they all have their own signature of energy through their body." Callisto explains as we carefully listen to him.

"It's also the reason why I was able to transcend much faster than anyone as I can freely control the mana elements in my body. My ability have allow me to grow my power at a rapid rate." said by him as he gave us a peculiar look.

"But everything always has its limits, because no matter what I do to breakthrough on the next rank of knighthood my ability seems to be ineffective." Callisto said in a disappointed tone.

"I tried everything that I know that could help me become stronger. I also splurged a huge amount of magic resources for the hopes of my breakthrough even my entire family have also gambled our wealth and future on me but everything is for naught as I'm stuck in this level." said by him in a solemn voice.

"If you have that kind of ability why didn't you just use it more efficiently in converting mana elements into your own energy. In that way your chances of breakthrough would increase."  I suddenly said to him while deep in thoughts.

If Callisto is telling the truth about his peculiar ability, then he would have a huge advantage over a lot of people in cultivating his power.

In fact, if a wizard managed to find out about his peculiar ability I'm sure that he would be dissected by them just to find out the reason why he can clearly perceive the different energy around him.

I'm sure that a lot of wizards would definitely be happy to have this kind of unique power since it would allow them to have great control over the powers they wield.

"That's also my plan at first, but it's taking so long to build up my power core. I don't know if it's because of my special ability or what, but the amount of mana elements I needed to refine in order to advance into the next stage is absolutely huge." Callisto said in a depressed tone as he looks outside the window.

"At the same time, I'm the only capable person in the Stratnan family that could help us regain our power and influence over the city so that's why I feel pressured to become stronger." He sadly told us as we both listen to him earnestly.

It's actually a bit unfortunate, but when his father died, there was no other transcended member of the family who can replace his position as the head of the Stratnan family.

As most of them are only mortals or doesn't have the qualifications to become one.

It's even a miracle that they were able to hold the Kingstown territory for 2 years without having any transcended being. It's all thanks to the remaining power and influence that they have over the place, and also because of the loyal knights of his father that stays with them.

Although Callisto managed to break through in junior knight rank at the age of 15 at that time, they have already exhausted the power and influence they have over the territory.

As Nikolai already has the control over the Kingstown territory and the Stratnan family has realized it too late.

They have become so absorbed in pursuing a higher power that they lose sight of the things that are happening in their territory.

"At that time when I'm already at the lowest point of my life. I found out that the potion guild has released a new potion that can help me breakthrough the limits of my power and step to the next rank, I spent a huge amount of money to get this potion but I've eventually regretted it in the end. The potion doesn't help me to breakthrough at all, but it even makes it much harder for me to do it." He said angrily as he released a murderous aura on his body.

His face is now contorted to anger as Callisto's eyes shine with radiant blue color that only makes my skin shiver in danger.

Michael immediately went Infront of me to shield me from the pressure that Callisto suddenly released on his body.

"Sir Callisto please calm down we are not your enemies here." Firmly said by Michael as he prepare his sword to fight.

"I'm sorry, it's not my intention to do that, but I just can't control my emotion every time I recall what happen after that." Callisto said in an apologetic tone.

He also started to calm his breathing as the dreadful aura around his body quickly fade away.

"What do you mean by that Callisto, is there something wrong with the potion?" I ask in concern after I saw him regain his composure.

"The potion guild told me that the potion would give me a chance to break through to my limits since I'm already at the peak of my power." He said in a low voice as he look down at his feet.

"Although the potion did provide me a lot of mana elements. It also did something to my body that I don't know." He said in a glum tone.

"Do you mean a side effects? But that's normal though." I said in a confused voice.

"No, No it's not normal! It's far from normal. If I don't have this special ability of mine then I won't know the terrible consequence of consuming that potion." He quickly said as he stares at us with a desolate gaze.

"Because of my rush decision to break through the next rank my future has been almost cut off." He said with a downcast expression on his face.

"Wait, Sir Callisto what do you mean by that?" Asks by Michael as he intently stares at him.

"What did the potion do to your body, for you to have that kind of reaction towards it?" I ask anxiously.

The potion guild has long been banned from selling its products here in the Florentine city due to my father's criticism against them.

And Father has also reminded me multiple times to be always careful on drinking any potion from the guild. As it might bring hidden dangers towards my body.

So to hear Callisto talk about the consequences he suffered from drinking one of their potions have rang an alarm on my head.

"The potion that was made by the guild has a terrible consequences unknown to many people. It's just because of my special ability that I found out about it." Callisto tells us in an irritated tone.

"Their potion, though it would bring you short-term benefits but expect severe consequences after that." He said as he sadly show his smile.

"The potion that I bought from the guild has cut my potential by half." Callisto said in a dejected expression.

"I don't understand. What do you mean by that?" I said with a complex expression on my face.

"Master Lucas, the potion guild cannot be trusted. Their potion has terrible consequences once you consumed it. One of that is cutting your potential by half. Before, when I didn't drink their potion. I could clearly feel that the energy on my body would allow me to breakthrough in a year at most, but after I consume their potion, half of the energy I have refined has vanished and in order to regain all of that it would take me another 5 year at most." Callisto said in a dull tone.

"Not only my time for breakthrough have increased but my rate of refinement of mana elements have slowed down by a huge margin." Callisto said in regret.

"But I know that you, Master Lucas, could help me solve it. Even Michael have managed to progress by a lot in just a couple of months." He said earnestly as hopes started to fill his face.

14