Chapter 40: Stratnan family
320 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40: Stratnan family.

"Callisto I would be honest with you, as of right now, I don't have any idea on how could I possibly help you solve your problem with the side effects of the potion you have consume." I said in a hopeless voice as I have no idea where to start.

"Don't worry Master Lucas, since I know that my family would be transferred over this city I am confident that they would be safe and I no longer need to worry about my strength every day." He said in a calm voice as he showed me a smile.

"Regarding your request for the transfer of your family may I know how many people are we talking about?" I said as I looked at him seriously.

After I ask this question the smile on Callisto's face have suddenly went away and was replaced by a sorrowful one.

"Just 6 people but if we included the servants and guards around 50 people." He said in a melancholic voice.

"Excuse me? How many again?" I ask in confusion, but deep inside I am shocked to find out the small number of people.

"Is it still too many? Master Lucas, forgive me, but I can't leave anyone of them on Kingstown city they would only die if I did that." Callisto said quickly as he look at me with guilty eyes.

"No, that is not what I mean Callisto. I'm just baffled as to why do you only have 6 family members? As far as I know Stratnan family is a huge family so what happens to the rest?" I ask while beaming with curiosity.

"The plague that hit us several years ago has taken the lives of many of my family members. But aside from that, countless accidents have also happened that causes a lot of deaths in our family. That's why I told you before that the Stratnan family no longer has anything in Kingstown, staying there would only cause us our doom." Gloomily said by Callisto as he finished talking.

If I just didn't hear everything about his life no one would think that this man has suffered a lot in the past few years.

I mean despite of all the hurdles and stress he experienced he still looks good. With tall stature, black hair, and blue eyes with a

sharp nose and red lips no one would think that this man is only 19 years old.

The only thing that intrigued me is his peculiar ability to feel the energy of anyone around him.

I wonder if other people also have their own unique abilities like mine, who have suddenly gained a super sharp intuition.

But except for this, what greatly baffles me is the multiple accidents that causes the deaths of many members of his family.

"Wait, When did this happen why didn't I know about it." I said in shocked voice as I stares at him seriously.

The accident that he told me about is really surprising. As a part of the noble family, every time that someone dies. An official letter would always be sent throughout the kingdom to inform all the people of the nobility about the news, and yet we still haven't received any letters from them.

And to find out that there were only 6 remaining family members of the Stratnan family is absolutely shocking.

Unlike the Beaufort family who is Isolated by almost everyone, there is no reason for the Stratnan family to suddenly shrink in size, especially with the amount of wealth they have.

"Are you saying that those accidents aren't really accidents?" I ask as I looked at him with a firm gaze.

Callisto takes a deep breath before answering my question.

"It is indeed not an accident, especially if there are dozens of death in my family every year. It's just too impossible to happen, and I know that someone is behind all of this. But no matter how I investigate and how closely I guarded my people, it always the same thing they always died in an accident." He angrily said as he smash his fist on the granite table of the room.

Even though he was angry because of it. He still managed to control his strength this time, as only a huge sound of bang can be heard inside the room. Someone like Callisto can easily smash this granite table on a whim if he wants to.

His breathing has also become heavy as he tried to calm down his anger.

"I'm useless, I didn't even manage to protect them all. They all put their trust in me, their hope, their future, their dreams and everything for the Stratnan family but I achieve nothing." He said out loud as he stares at me with a sorrowful gaze.

"That's why, I will be always thankful for your family's help Master Lucas, I don't know what would happen to us without your assistance" Callisto said as he quickly bows his head.

"Don't say that you achieved nothing Callisto, as not everyone is lucky to become a knight at a very young age and I'm sure that your family is proud of what you have become." I said to him as I tried to comfort him.

"Thank you for the kind words, Master Lucas, It does help me a bit." He said as he stand up from his seat.

"No, I'm not just saying this because I just want to comfort your feelings or what, but It's truly what I feel regarding your situation. At the young age of 13, you've stood as the leader of an entire territory and becomes the pillar for your family. The responsibility that you must fulfill at the very young age can't be denied at all, so I know that your parents must have been really proud of what you have become. You truly didn't put the Stratnan name on shame." I sincerely said to him as I told him what was on my mind.

It's not easy to be a leader at a young age, the responsibility that he must fulfill and the pressure he must endure, in order to do all of his obligations is something that he should be proud off.

"That's right sir Callisto, a person like you shouldn't be ashamed of what happens in your past as you managed to resolve all of it with dignity." Michael suddenly said to Callisto.

"The only thing that we must do right now is to think for a plan on how could we transfer all of your family members safely." I said suddenly as both of them are busy talking to each other.

"It won't be easy to do at all. Especially that you mentioned that a lot of your family members have suddenly died due to an "unfortunate accident". I'm sure that whoever is behind all of this, they won't just stand and do nothing once they saw you leave the city." I seriously said as I looked at them with a grave expression.

"Don't worry Master Lucas the situation that the Florentine city has with the magic beast is the perfect cover that would help us to bring them over here. In fact, I've already sent someone to pick them up a week ago they should be on their way now." Callisto told me as he dusted his metal armor.

"Wait you've already planned to bring them all here even before you got our approval?" I ask before I could take a bite on the cookies.

"Any one of us are free to live anywhere we want as long as we pay for all the accommodations that we needed" He said as he looked at me with a smile.

As part of the nobility we have the absolute freedom to go anywhere we want unlike the common people.

"This is also the safest place for my family to stay as the Burnham family won't take any interest in this place or they wouldn't dare at all. Your father is still quite influential on the Kingdom's capital as the harbinger of death." He said seriously with a solemn voice.

Wait, What does he mean about my father being known as the harbinger of death? Did he know something I didn't know? Is my father still hiding a lot of things from me aside from the issue with Michael?

"Harbinger of death?" I confusedly ask As I look at him in the eye.

His facial expression has immediately change from neutral to a somehow surprised look.

"Callisto?" I said as I call out his name.

"No it's nothing Master Lucas, It would be better if you're father discussed this with you." He said as he try to avoid my gaze.

"What do you-" my words were cut off when Gaspar suddenly barge inside the room in a hurry.

He enters the room while panting and with sweats pouring down on his damp clothes. A clear sign that proves that he rushes over this place.

"Master Lucas something happen... haaaaa haaaaa"

"Something big has happened in the forest....haaaa huuuhaaaa. " he said while panting as he tries to explain something.

"What happen Gaspar? why are you here? I thought you should be on the forest trying to find ways on calming the restless magic beast?" I ask in a hurry as I see his panic face.

"The enchanted forest is now covered in thorns, giant thorns a lot of thorns..." he said incoherently as he gasp for air.

"Wait slow down take a deep breath first and explain everything to us what did you see in the forest." I said to him as I tried to calm him.

"Master Lucas the soldiers and Knights that I take with me have already called your father for an emergency something big has happened in the enchanted forest as it is now covered in a wall of giant vines of thorns."

"No one can enter the place as no matter where we go it is the same. It looks like the forest have built a wall of thorns to keep anyone out of the forest." He said in a grave voice as he explains everything.

11