Chapter 61: Mysterious Flashes
169 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61: Mysterious Flashes

Our civilization of the Great Gregorian empire revolves around magic, and we even considered ourselves as the most powerful civilization that ever walk on this planet, or so we thought. Before, we discover the ruins of a much grander and mysterious civilization hidden in the most uncanny places that even our most powerful spell can't deduce.

We sought every history and corner of our continent to look for any clue that might lead us to them, but we found none, except for more of their mystical work.

- Collected from a memoir of an unknown diary of a man in the private library of the Church of Agatha.

----------------------------------------

"I'm afraid I can't do that," I said with difficulty as I tried to regain control of my spinning blade of aura.

"What do you mean you can't? that's your skill. You should be able to control it." Michael ask with a baffled voice as he looked at me with concern.

"I'm trying to stop it, but I can't. It's already out of my control and it's sucking out a huge amount of mana from my body I'm afraid I can't hold this any longer." I said in alarm as sweat started to soak my body.

At this point, I'm already using everything that I have, even my two hands just to try to control it and stop it from spinning crazily, but nothing happens and it looks like it didn't even falter at all.

"That's impossible, you already managed to execute it. You should have the control over that skill just relax and maybe you can regain control of it." Michael says with a bewildered voice as he tries to calm me down.

"It's easy for you to say but it's not that easy to do." I said, when suddenly a thick bolt of lightning have hit a small tree in front of me breaking it into two.

"What the-" Michael says at my back in shock.

I've been trying to regain control of my skill but it's no used, the continuous spin of my energy sword is already too fast for me to do anything at all.

It's already impossible for me or to anyone else to stop it's spin by force or solely by relying on my own control and mana. The only thing I can do right now is to launch it as far as I can. As I can no longer cancel this skill of mine, or it might just explode on it's own, if I purposely cancel it.

And by the amount of lightning it constantly releases and by the intense amount of glow that it has. I highly doubt, that even I, can't survive from it's explosion unscratched.

"Young master hurry and do something about it." Michael worriedly yelled at me as he further distances himself away from me.

"Do you think I want this to happen? Heck no!." I yelled back at him as I focus to raised the spinning sword higher in the air to keep it away from the land and trees.

The reason is simple, the nearer it is to the land the more lightning was released from it, causing a strange sight.

Because under this glowing and spinning sword of aura is me, standing in the middle of plains surrounded by nothing but grasses and a dozens of huge and small trees.

While a few meters in front of me, is the border between the forest covered in poisonous fog and behind me is our city.

"Michael, what's going on there?" shouted by a voice that was rapidly approaching from far away.

"It's Sir Callisto! What am I gonna say?" Michael asks in panic, as we haven't really said about this experiment to anyone. Well, except for Ethan as I needed his help in healing my injuries.

"I don't know, but hurry and do something he can't see us in this situation I still haven't fired this thing." I quickly said as I tried to navigate this aura sword to shoot towards the depts of the fog in front of me.

"Ahhhhh.... It's..... nothing." Michael answered while looking at the glowing sword at the top of my head.

"What do you mean it's nothing? Everybody guarding the wall can see bright flashes of lightning coming from here." Callisto said as he get near us. "Wait... is that young master Lucas?" he said as he looked above me in astonishment.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT?" He exclaimed while looking at the floating sword of aura above me that continuously releases powerful lightning before he gave us a questioning look.

"Ah... this, I can explain it, but I need to let this go first." I said in a shaky voice as the floating aura sword above me started releasing a powerful impulse of energy before a violent flash of lightning happens followed by a rumble of a very loud thunder.

"Woah!" exclaimed by us, as we all closed our eyes to the intense flashes of light.

"That was too loud." I said in a low voice as I tried to open my eyes from being blinded by that intense flash when suddenly.

"Unnecessary loud." Michael added before we all jump in shock because of a loud sound.

"Booooom." A deafening roar of an explosion was suddenly heard, it seems like my sword have already landed somewhere inside of that forest covered in a thick fog.

Even if the fog was thick enough to block everyone's vision, it seems that it's not thick enough to block everything as we can still see some glimpse of small flashes of lightning inside of it that make the entire section of this fog lit up for a short amount of time.

Once everything has passed I suddenly felt that my body has become numb, and upon letting go of the control over that sword I can feel the relief has flooded my entire body. Even my mind feels light as a feather it seems like that skill have put a massive burden on my body beyond what I expected. And due to that skill feeding on a huge amount of energy, a huge chunk of my aura reserve is now gone, In order for me to fire one energy sword, it almost emptied my entire power reserves.

I can tell, that right now, I only have around 20% of my original reserve and in case of emergency, it's only enough to sustain me for an hour of grueling battle that is as long as I won't use any power-consuming skills.

"Okay, I need an explanation what's going on here?" Callisto said in a harsh tone.

"Michael!" He said with a stern voice. "I thought you would only patrol around the perimeter of this fog together with the young master, but how did you end up with this?" Callisto said angrily.

"And you master Lucas, what is that thing above your head earlier? The energy that flows through that thing is scarily dangerous." Callisto said as he scold us both.

"~sigh," Callisto said as he released a breath of air.

"Nevermind, both of you can just explain yourself with our lord later. I'm sure he is already on his way, whatever you did on this place is very eye-catching."

"I know that both of you are aware, about the danger of making this much noise right? especially at this time and place where we are currently facing unknown enemies inside the depths of this fog." Callisto said as he points his finger toward the fog.

"Yes, we're aware of that but-." I stopped for a moment before looking at our surroundings that is now filled with our soldiers. Who also responded with the chaos that I have made.

"I...I....ahhhh... I.... didn't do this on p-purpose e-everything just happen beyond my control." I guiltily said as I looked around me trying to explain my circumstances.

"Michael give me a brief explanation of what happened here." Callisto Commanded as he looked at Michael with an unwavering gaze.

~Sigh~

"This is not my fault young master. I have already hidden this for so long. This time it was you who decided to show yourself to everyone." Michael solemnly said to me before taking a deep breath.

"Well, how am I going to explain this?" ponders by Michael as he caresses his chin, and upon seeing me his eyes suddenly reveal a small glint.

"Ah! everything begins when Young master Lucas has decided to demonstrate his newly develop skills to me and he claimed that he created it by himself, but it seems like something unforeseen happens and he loses his control over his skills resulting in this situation." He said shamelessly as he reveals everything to everyone.

"Michael!" I called out in alarm for he reveals everything. He didn't even bother to make some kind of lie but instead, he shift all the blame to me.

"I'm sorry young master but I'm doing this for your own good. Since the day you recover from your illness a few months ago you become more restless than before. I'm afraid you might do something more harmful than this I want to remind you that your father assigned me to be your personal guard and my duty is to make sure your safety. The problem is, you yourself is the danger and it seems like you're not even aware of it." Michael says in a concerned voice, acting like I forced him to hide my secret activity this past few weeks.

"Although I'm not very familiar with you young master, but I agree with Michael's sentiment, as the only heir of the Beaufort house, your safety is the absolute priority and by the way I see it. Whatever ever is that thing your wielding earlier that --- floating form of lightning energy is very dangerous, such a huge mass of energy, once it explodes can kill us all in an instant and yet your playing with it carelessly." Callisto said as he gaze at me with contempt.

"As a noble heir I'm sure that you are also aware of this issue, am I right master Lucas?" He said with a hint of anger on his voice.

"Ye-Yes o-of course I'm aware of that but I'm sure that I can successfully cast this skill that's why I did it and I'm also fully aware of the risk it might cause me." I steadily said to him while not breaking the eye contact making sure that he can see my seriousness regarding this matter.

~Sigh~

Callisto releases a huge breath he is holding before talking to me.

"Master Lucas please don't get me wrong, I'm not here to scold you regarding this chaos because I don't have the right to do that. Your father is the only one who has the rights to do that, but I'm here, because I want to remind you that your life is crucial to the survival of the entire Florentine city. Without a proper heir, the kingdom could take over everything. And I can't risk that happening or the Stratnan family would cease to exist. The Burnham family would definitely not allow that. I have already risked everything just for my family to have a chance to survive and if you die all the sacrifices that my family has made for the past few years would all just go to waste." He said in a grave voice as he recalls about his own bitter memories of living under the mercy of the Burnham family.

"Master Lucas I know that you're doing this because you want to become stronger and you were worried for us but we also don't want anything bad to happen to you." Suddenly said by one of the soldiers as he sincerely looked at me with concern.

"That's right young master." said by another soldier fully clothed in shiny metal armor.

"You have already done enough for us." said by another who carries a large metal shield.

"The shelter that you have commanded to be constructed is proof that you care for us and because of that, I'm assured about the safety of my family" said by a soldier while carrying a huge sword on his shoulder.

"I told you master lucas, what you are doing is dangerous but you won't listen to me. I have no choice but to pull the other's and convinced you to take caution." Michael proudly said as he approaches me.

"So I hope you understand What I have just done is for your own good." He added before a huge thump was heard behind us followed by the crashing of trees.

*Boom Boom * 

*Thump* *Thump* Sounds of thousands of feet stumping on the ground

*Crash" Sounds of many trees breaking and falling to the ground

"What is that?" I asked with complete puzzlement while looking back at the fog.

"It's not good. EVERYONE FALLS BACK." Callisto urgently said after taking a glance at the fog.

"What-what is it? Michael asks in shock.

"I have no time to explain, we need to hurry, all of you run." Callisto said as he commanded the soldiers to go back to the wall.

"I hope this can give us some time." He said as his posture suddenly change and a huge crystal barrier was suddenly erected separating this section of fog from us.

"Hurry and let's go back this won't be able to stop them for too long." He added before he followed us towards the city.

Hi guys Im back, after being missing in action for several months although I can't still promise a daily update since Im still occupied with something but fear not as i promise to update this story weekly so expect to see new chapter every Saturday and Sunday

8