Chapter 2: Detective and Death Disposal Duo
73 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thanks for helping, I appreciate it," the pink haired girl told Amelia as the two of them worked together to carry a very conspicuously shaped bag out the back of Tokino Hall. "You're handling it pretty well; have you done this sort of thing before?"

Amelia groaned, "Can we just get this over with? I still need to unpack my bags and come up with an excuse for… this ." She hoisted the bag they were carrying as if to gesture to it.

"Everything will be fine, no one will notice a thing!"

Amelia couldn't understand where this girl was getting her confidence from. She'd brutally murdered another student before classes had even started, and yet that was supposedly no cause for alarm? Wouldn't somebody come looking for Pekora-chan eventually? Like… tomorrow?

As the pair carried the bag down the sidewalk to the dumpster, Amelia could feel the gazes of other students stabbing into her like daggers. It had to be obvious what was in the bag, right? This really wasn't a good look for a Criminal Justice major on her first day.

"Excuse me," someone spoke over Amelia's thoughts as they were nearing the dumpster, "are you two students?"

The two stopped in their tracks, and turned to see a tall brunette woman with a ponytail who was wearing a white dress shirt, dress pants, and, oddly enough, sneakers. She had her arms crossed tightly, and had a very stern look on her face as she peeked over her sunglasses.

Amelia was shaking now. "U-uh, we were just… th-throwing away this rug! I-it got wet with… um… fruit punch!"

The woman squinted her eyes.

"You know how it is on moving day!" Amelia continued. "There's always some kind of accident!"

The woman turned her attention to the pink haired girl, who responded enthusiastically, "Yo J-Chad, how's it going?"

Letting out a deep sigh, 'J-Chad' began massaging her forehead. "Calliope, didn't we talk about this?"

"C'mon man!" The pink haired girl protested. "I've got a lot on my plate! You can't blame me for wanting to get my homework done early!"

"What homework?" Rebutted the authoritative woman. "Classes haven't even started yet!" 

Calliope shifted in place a bit. "Well, on page 47-"

"You're already reading the textbook?"

"Well… I'm skimming it, " the pressured student averted her gaze.

Sighing again and shaking her head, the tall woman lifted the bag Amelia and Calliope were carrying, and effortlessly rested it on her shoulder. "Calliope, please promise me you'll slow down, maybe even make some friends."

"J-Chad, come on, don't be like this, dawg-"

"And please stop calling me that," J-Chad interrupted, "I'm not one of your thugs."

Calliope slouched over grumpily. "Yes Professor J-Chad."

"Close enough," breathed the professor, as she turned to walk away. "Both of you should head back to your dorms. I'll take this from here."

Still a little stunned, Amelia managed to thank the professor as she walked off, leaving the fledgling detective alone with Calliope.

"So," Calliope began, neglecting to look Amelia in the eye while she spoke to her, "mind if I crash in your room? I actually just got kicked out of mine for playing my music too loud."

6