Chapter 3
36 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chang's breathing was hurried but as seconds went by, it started to slow. He had a better experiecne than i've ever had, leaving me to question if his pain faded. Kneeling on the ground, he looked to the left then right before he glanced up at me.

"Is this the tutorial?" He asked even though he could see it. 

For him who died to regain his memories and a portion of his strength, this was a blessing in disguse. No one could turn back time, and those that wanted to because of regrets were stuck moving forward. To everyone else, my trait was a blessing. If only they knew the curse, I've been stuck with.

"Yes, and it just started too. How much do you recall?" I asked him.

Chang just stared blankly at the air for a second before he replied, "Everything." Pausing for a second, he continued, "Fifteen years, to think i've returned back into the past by fifteen years. Do you know what this means?" Chang asked me.

"Don't get excited, a small change means everything changes course. I've done this more than a hundred times, you know this. No matter what i've done differently, it always ends the same." I did not sound hopeful, but I did not want him to have his dreams crushed.

Chang shook his head. "None of that matters, what we lacked before we have now. Our zone fell behind due to our lack of understanding of this world. The others had help, while we had to struggle. If even a tenth of the people from our zone knew what we knew, we'd never have had to run away and leave behind our comrades."

It was true, and once again I could not help but feel responsible for it. Without the help of the adminastrator to guide us, we were like lost sheep waiting to be hunted by a pack of wolves.

"You know what i've done Chang, and even now I would not change a thing." Gritting my teeth, I recalled a scene from my former life. One where I was chained to a pole, my arms were cut off and legs removed. I should have died, but they would not allow me an easy death. Instead of letting me bleed to death, they patched me up and let me bake under the sun. No food, no water.

"If you walk down that path again, where do you think it will lead you? Work with me this time. We can change so much." I felt swayed by his words, but I could not agree to them. The things he wanted to do was different from what I needed to do. Chang precieved things differently from me in a way I could understand, but could not accept. The darkness i've seen, what i've experienced. I could no longer see the light.

"I wanted you to come back because of what you can achieve. You've been a great friend, but this is all I can do for you. Change what you must, do what you want but do not try to stop me." My voice came out a little cold, but Chang understood. The blood on my hands could create an ocean. It was not something he should be around.

I took a second to see what was going on around us. The wolves were retreating with a few arrogant fools chasing after them. People died, I could feel it. I did not even need to look to see that they died, I just knew.

Chang clicked his tongue as he missed out on the early points the wolves gave. "Are you going to let the others recover their memories as well?" Chang asked me.

It was something I too was thinking about early on, but I do not believe it was worth it. Two regressed people were already a good amount, more than that right now could spell trouble. Still, I may allow someone else to return if I felt the need for them.

"I don't have any plans for that as of yet. What are your plans?"

Chang thought about it for a second before he replied, "Gather teammates and strengthen them up before taking on the dungeon. Then start building from their while informing the others about this world. You?"

"I'm waiting for people to disperse, then kill off a few people. After, i'll hunt and go from there." I told him honestly. He did not know the people who I would kill, and he never would know them. That's because I always killed them during the early stages of the tutorial. It had to be done, or else hundreds would die before the week was over.

The only part I left out was my plans to fix what I messed up. He did not need to know of that. Nor did he need to know that he was part of my plan to do that.

"Quick question, how much of your power has returned?" I was curious about this part, as the description said that a portion was returned.

Chang couldn't help but grin. "Roughly twenty-five percent."

It was only a fraction of his strength, but it was enough to live easy during this time. I took this into account for the next person I would regress, if I would regress them.

"If you need me, I will be at the Crossroads." I told Chang as I watched him nod his head. He did not ask me why I was going there, I figured he may have an idea already. It was unlikely he would need my help but if he did he would not need to scour this place looking for me.

I turned and left, leaving one of the few people in this place I could call a friend. This was the best option because I knew what Chang was capable of. I did not need to have him by my side and hog all the resources in this place. He would build a team and do what I've already set out to do in my previous life. The thing is, he would be better at it than me. All because of his Trait.

Observe. That was Chang's trait and it did nothing to his physical prowess. What it did do however, was allow him to see other people's information. It was how he knew I was a regressor.

It was something he told me only after we got close enough to tell each other are traits. His Trait itself was one of the most useful out of everyone in our group, because he knew what others were capable of. This allowed us to devise a plan to counter them.

A person's face appeared in my head as I was thinking. He too was korean and would later on become a strong figure in the future. It left me to wonder if I should regress him. However, knowing him and what he was capable of it was best I did not.

Instead, I needed to head to the crossroads. A place where five roads meet. A place no one would think of settling down until later on after the tutorial ended.

I knew the significance of this place and I would lay my claim to it. This is where I would start my journey for the hundredth and fortieth time. This time, things would be different.

3