Kendall – Chapter 21: What bullying someone’s really like.
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My entire body jolted awake, but at least I wasn't crying when I woke up.

 

This might be a good day at last.

Depends on how things go with Sophie today.

Yeah. It has to mean something if I'm feeling good about a day.

 

I got out of bed and headed outside while it was still dark out to get all the wood I'd need together. I probably needed some test runs since I never did something like this, so I picked up a few extra pieces of wood just in case.
Once everything was ready, I left the pile there and went back inside to grab a small bite to eat. At the very least my body didn't hurt nearly as bad now, but I could still hardly say I was healed up.

"Hey," Emma said as she walked down the stairs. "I saw you getting stuff together out there. I need to get to work early today, so I'm leaving in less than an hour. Are you going to be alright with taking the bus with all that?"

"Yeah. It shouldn't be a problem."

"Good, and Jack told me to tell you that your desk is getting a lot of use at his house."

That perked up my shoulders a bit, but it was still really weird. Knowing someone else was enjoying my work was all kinds of amazing and terrifying at the same time. Either way, it was a nice little pick-me-up at the start of the day.

When the time came and Emma left, I got my stuff ready for school and headed out to the bus. At least I could show Holly all the stuff I was bringing for Robbie's gift today.

I walked on, but didn't see Holly, which was weird, because she was supposed to already be on here.

 

She's probably just sick.

Makes little difference.

 

Yeah but I was actually kinda hoping I could sit by her.

 

Oh?

Are you forming a connection with someone?

 

I shrugged and went to sit where Holly usually did. 

 

Maybe I am.

 

Esmer sat next to me and put her arm around me.

 

That's absolutely amazing. 

I didn't think you'd ever be capable of that.

At least not for another ten or twenty years at the rate you've been going.

 

I'm going to ignore that second bit because I know you're going through a lot, so I'll take that as a big plus.

 

Once the bus pulled into school, I went to put everything in shop class and headed to first period. It was dull as always, but when I got to the gym, I saw Malisa with the biggest smile.

 

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

 

I went to sit in my seat, but I kept an eye on Malisa.

 

Well for now I'm going to assume she's just happy about something else. I have enough stuff to deal with besides her anyway.

 

It wasn't long until Sophie walked in and marched up to me with a whole new level of hate in her eyes. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Her voice was way too calm for how she looked.

"What do you mean? I haven't done anything bad, and I even helped Holly with her bully."

"Helped her," she said with her voice flat. "Why do you always have to go after my friends? It wasn't enough to put Robbie in the hospital, but you have to make Holly feel like shit now too?"

I stood up as Sophie walked closer. "Hold up. What are you talking about? I actually kinda like Holly. I wouldn't do anything to mess with her."

Her jaw clenched, "Stop with the fucking lies. Holly told me you sent Malisa to her house to bully her." 

"Wha-" My eyebrows scrunched up as I looked at Malisa who was watching all of this.

 

What did she do!?

 

 I looked back at Sophie and tried to keep a soft voice. "No, stop. I never told anyone to do anything like that."

She stared me dead in the eyes. "I know you're going to be alone forever, but you don't have to make everyone's lives hell."

"Shut up. I told you I didn't do anything and I'll prove it," I said as I grabbed Sophie's wrist and drug her over to Malisa, who was looking away now. "I warned you what'll happen if you messed with Holly. Tell Sophie what you did right now or else."

Malisa got rid of her smile and  looked terrified. "Oh, hey...I did what you told me to, so can you please leave me alone now? I don't want any trouble..." 

Sophie didn't say anything as she walked off.

I rushed up behind Sophie "She's fucking lying. I know you don't know what I've been doing since I got back but even Holly could tell you I threatened Malisa to leave her alone."

"I already know. She's been telling me everything you did, and she should've used her pepper spray on you." She spun around to face me. "You're so fucking lucky I can't put you back in the hospital." And spun right back around as I followed her into the changing room.

"Why would I ever send someone like Malisa to do anything? She's not even that strong."

"I don't know, but I know you're a fucking idiot so you probably had some stupid plan."

"Okay fine, I'm an idiot, but can you please at least tell me where Holly is? She didn't...She's safe, right?"

"I'm not telling you anything."

I stopped by her locker. "Malisa can barely lift forty pounds. Why the hell would I want anyone like that to do anything for me?"

She glared at me. "Don't fucking look at me when I change." 

I looked away. "I know you hate me and you have every reason to, but I swear it's not what you think. I told Malisa if she ever did anything to Holly again I'd put her in the hospital. She said she wanted to know what I did to Robbie, and that she'd leave her alone if I did, so I told her."

"Even if that's true, which it isn't, then you're a a lot more stupid than I thought."

"Whatever. Just. I'm not trying to hurt you guys anymore. Just give me a chance to prove it. After class we bring Malisa into the bathroom and I'll make her tell you the truth."

She closed her locker and walked off. "I can't trust anything about you."

I followed her again as we walked out of the changing room. "Even if you can't trust me, I know you wanna teach her a lesson."

"I can't because if I do something like that again I'm going to be expelled." she turned around and whispered. "But don't think that'll stop me from kicking your ass outside of school."

"Yeah and guess what? I couldn't fight back last time because I was holding onto Robbie's chair. That I fixed."

She glared at me and walked off, but still I followed her.

"I spent all weekend on it. He actually did some things even I had trouble doing, and that's impressive." She sat down in her spot without another word. "I'm even making him a gift."

She looked at me and that anger in her eyes grew. "Don't bother with the shelves."

"So she told you about that. Just keep it secret from Robbie, alright? I want it to be a surprise."

"I'm telling you not to make them."

"Why? I already got a lot of it planned."

"That's none of your business."

"Everybody take their seats," the teacher said.

"I know I fucked things up badly but I'm going to make it better for him."

"Fuck off, cunt."

A burst of anger and an immense feeling to get the fuck away flared up.

 

What you told her!

You told Malisa what we did to Robbie, and she used it on Holly!

Why the fuck didn't you consider Malisa a threat!?

 

My body broke out into a small sweat and my hands shook as I headed to my seat for morning stretches.

 

You're going to beat the hell out of that bitch.

 

And I'll bring Sophie into it. Even if I have to drag her into it.

 

Good.

 

We were on the track again today, so when we headed out I found Sophie as soon as I could. "Just stay behind us and don't let her see you, alright? You'll see I was telling the truth."

She looked at me and I could just tell she didn't believe a word I said, but when we started to run, she still seemed to go along with it. At least the best she could. Malisa was one of those people to just fucking walk the entire way, so I walked next to her with Sophie behind us.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I demanded to know.

She didn't say anything at first, but then her voice got really soft. Almost like she was cowering.

"What are you talking about? I only did like you told me to..."

"That's fucking bullshit. I told you what I did to Robbie because you said you'd stop going after him."

"No you didn't. The only reason I did that to Holly was because you said you'd rape me if I didn't..."

 

What!?

 

What!?

 

 I grabbed her shirt and tugged her closer to me. "Don't you ever say I'd do anything like that again you little fucking mistake."

"I did what you told me too, so can you please stop touching me already..."

My fists tightened around her collar as I shook her. "Stop making it sound like I'm like that!"

"Please. I wasn't even doing anything until you came up to me…"

Sophie sprinted past me, which got me running after her to catch up.

"I thought you were fucked up but I never thought you'd go that far!" Sophie yelled.

I grabbed her shoulder and slowed her down. "She's lying! She had to have known you were there."

She stopped and stood up straight in front of me. "Touch me again. I fucking dare you."

"I'm telling you she's lying. Why are you even believing her in the first place!?"

"I don't believe her, but I trust her a lot more than You."

'Why!? Unlike her I've been doing everything I can to make it up to Robbie!"

"Because at least she isn't a fucking psychopath! You wanna know why Holly got that pepper spray? Because of you!" She jabbed her finger into my shoulder. "She didn't like what Malisa did, but it wasn't anywhere near what you did to Robbie. But because of you she's now going through that same shit. You already put two of my best friends through hell. If you actually want to help, then fuck off somewhere because every time you try to 'help' you make everyone fucking miserable. Don't you fucking get it?" She said as she got in my face, "Nobody fucking likes you, so stop doing anything and you'll make everyone happier."

She turned and ran off as I stood there staring at her.

 

You're going to be alone for the rest of your life.

Nobody would ever like you.

 

I held back my emotions and sprinted up after her. "I'm trying really hard you know! And people do like me!"

She glared at me. "It should've been you that's in the hospital."

I slowed down again until I stopped.

My fists tightened and my vision faded around the edges.  

 

That stupid bitch ruined everything!

 

Fine. Fine! If Malisa thinks she can get away with making me look like a monster.

 

A big fucking sneer popped up on my face.

 

We'll teach her what bullying someone's really like. 

 

'We'?

 

For this one thing, because nobody accuses us of being rapists!

Nobody!

She thinks what we did to Robbie was bad!?

 

I started running again and didn't say another word.

 

She has no fucking idea how much worse we can make it!

0