Kendall – Chapter 44: A bottle of something.
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shot out of my chair and looked out the kitchen window to see Sophie and Robbie standing at the front.

 

Oh fuck fuck fuck.

 

I looked around for a way out, but none of the windows were big enough in the kitchen.

 

Fuck fuck fuck fuck where the fuck do I go!?

 

Calm down and stay out of sight.

 

I looked around for the best spot to hide, which was just around the corner to the living room. It was a terrible spot, but I had no other options. 

 

Fuuuuck! Okay just stay calm. I'm sure Holly won't let them come into the kitchen with me here.

 

All we can do is wait here.

 

+++

Remember when you used to try and hide from Father?

Remember how he used to beat you when he found you?

+++

 

Now's a really bad time to bring that up!

 

"When did you get out? You should've called," Holly asked as I heard them walk into the living room.

"We wanted to surprise you," Sophie said.

 

+++

Robbie's going to find you with Holly, and it'd be your fault that Holly loses a friend.

+++

 

"Yeah. It was Alright. Met some pretty nice people. What about you? I heard about what Kendall did to you."

"Oh. You didn't tell him?"

"Tell me what?"

"Shhh we can talk about this later, but right now you're gonna have the best weekend of your life. That means no thinking about Kendall."

"But-"

"Nope. No buts. Besides, Ben, Holly and I dealt with Kendall yesterday."

"Dealt with? Sophie, I'm really happy you're doing all this for me, but what do you mean you dealt with her?"

"Well… It's a long story, but I miiight have jumped the shark when I told you that Kendall taught Malisa how to do that crap. I think she just learned it because Kendall's a fucking idiot. But after what I saw yesterday. I really don't think Kendall sent Malisa after Her."

"Then can you at least tell me what happened? I promise I'll drop it if you tell me."

"Okay so," Holly said like she was excited to talk about it. "So I know the kind of stuff she did to you was really mean, but Sophie and Ben streamed Kendall bullying Malisa to me yesterday."

"Why would she- What?"

"Yeah," Sophie said. "Malisa pissed Kendall off a lot, so she talked me and Ben into bringing Malisa to that alleyway. Kendall said she wanted to make it up to Holly, so we streamed it to her."

"...I really don't believe that's why she did it."

"Even if she was lying. You told me what she used to do to you, and this was a lot worse. Like 'I'll make you this eat this old banana peel if you don't say you're a freak thirty five times' kinda worse. And that's exactly what she did. You're right that she's a psycho, but if she's serious about leaving you alone, then maybe you don't need to worry about her anymore."

 

Holy shit, she's actually trying to help.

 

+++

She's helping him. It's got nothing to do with helping us.

+++

 

That's good enough for me.

 

"It sounds like you really helped Holly, but I just can't see Kendall doing anything like that for a good reason. She's planning something."

"That's fine. I'm not going to push it," Sophie said, "But anyway yeah. Can we move past her now and have fun?"

"Yes please."

"Sweet. We brought that game we played last time."

"Okay. You can go set it up in the room. I just need to take care of something real fast."

"I need a drink first," Sophie said.

 

Please don't see me please don't see me please don't see me.

 

"Wait. I can get you a drink."

"I got it. I just want some water."

Sophie walked into the kitchen, and halfway to the sink she stopped. Her eyes locked onto mine as we stared at each other. Her mouth hung open before she looked at Holly walking into the room. I put my finger to my mouth in a desperate hope to get her to not say anything.

She marched up right in front of me, scrunched up her forehead and whispered. "What are you doing here?"

Holly walked back out of the kitchen as Sophie and I listened to her bring Robbie to her room. Once it sounded like it was clear-

"I asked Holly if she wanted to hang out and she invited me over. Just don't tell Robbie I was here, alright? I don't wanna ruin this day for him."

"Why would she invite you over? I know she was happy about what you did, but I didn't think she'd be that happy. I don't even know what to say to this."

"Trust me, I'm as shocked as you. So just go to Holly's room and I'll leave."

"No I mean she doesn't even invite our other friends. Just Robbie and me. What else did you do to get invited?"

 

So we're one of the few people she invites over to her house.

That's interesting to know.

 

"I didn't do anything. I mean I texted her a bit but that's it."

"Texted her? As in you have her number?"

"I'll explain whatever you want at school, but can you please just go make sure Robbie stays in the room so I can get out of here?"

After a moment of staring, she looked away. "Fine, alright. I'll make sure he doesn't know you were here. But you better have not been listening to our talk." 

We heard the door open up and Holly came rushing in, but was almost immediately guided out by Sophie.

Shortly after, I heard the door shut. Peeking out, I saw no one there, so I rushed out of the kitchen and out the front door.

 

Holy fuck that was too close.

 

Yeah.

Now it'd be a very good idea to get out of here.

 

At least we agree now.

 

I walked down the sidewalk, and about ten seconds later I realized I had no clue how to get home, so I took out my phone and called up Emma.

"Hello?"

"Hey Emma, is it alright if I get a ride?"

"Already? Can you get Mom to pick you up? I can't really leave this early."

"Alright. That's fine."

"I'll talk to you later then. Gotta go"

She hung up and with a groan, I called mom.

"Hey Mom, can you come pick me up?"

"Of course. Text me the address and I'll be right there."

"Thanks." I ended the call and texted her the address.

 

I guess we just wait here then.

 

Just make sure to stay out of sight of the house. 

The last thing we need is Robbie to see us through the window.

 

I know.

 

+++

There's quite a few people out in their yard today.

They're all watching you.

+++

 

Thanks for that.

 

Isn't there something we can do to shut you up for a bit?

 

+++

Not unless you want to go through all the memories right away.

+++

 

…I'll pass.

 

I walked around for a bit to try and make it look like I wasn't just standing around. I took a deep breath in through the nose-

 

It's going to be alright. Mom's driving the car. Not Father. It's going to be fine.

 

-and out through the mouth as mom's black, rusty car stopped next to me. I opened the back door to get in.

 

Getting into this car to go on one of Father's trips.

 

It's going to be alright.

We've done this before and we've been fine.

We'll be fine this time as well.

 

I know.

 

I shut the door and put my seat belt on. "Did you have a good time?" Mom asked.

"Yes Ma'am."

She pulled off, "So what did you guys do?"

"Played games, Ma'am."

She kinda just stopped asking questions after she realized I wasn't going to go into detail. Meanwhile, Esmer's head sat on my lap.

 

This is starting to hurt.

I know things are tough between her and us, but she didn't do anything bad to us.

 

She didn't do anything. That's the fucking point.

 

She didn't know.

 

I rubbed my face as Tarmon stuffed himself into the seat next to me. I stared at him as she just looked at me.

 

You going to say something? You don't normally show up without pointing out something bad.

 

+++

Mom doesn't love you.

+++

 

No shit. I already know that.

 

+++

The next memory we work through will be about her.

+++

 

Wait, did Mom do something!?

 

+++

No. She didn't.

But unless you want to go through the memory now, I suggest shutting the fuck up about it.

+++

 

No way was I dealing with it now. If someone like Tarmon says something didn't happen, then it didn't happen. He was an asshole, but at least I knew he wouldn't lie like that.

The ride home was quiet. When we made it back, I opened the door, walked inside the house and went to my room all without another word.

 

Now would be a good time to work out.

It's been awhile.

 

Good idea.

 

I went into my weight room and decided to work out my legs today. Squats, dumbbell lunges and legs lifts. Along with running in place for some cardio. It was nice to do this again. Even when I was supposed to have a good time with Holly, it got spoiled because Robbie and Sophie just had to drop by. Even now I was worrying what was going to happen on Monday. I got the feeling though that I should just take it as easy as I could this weekend.

 

Holly still seems like she's going to be on our side.

At least she's going to be there to say we're not a complete monster.

 

+++

Holly's still obviously going to side with Robbie over us.

+++

 

Then I have to hope she doesn't. But there's nothing I can do about that now besides wait and see, so no matter what I'm not going to stress myself.

 

That's exactly what I did. I either worked out, or drew more of my project. At least until Emma came home.

The moment she did, I stepped out of my room, which was the first time I left it since I got home. It was pretty dark out at this point, but it was so good to see her that I shuffled up to her and gave her a big hug. It was made even better by her smile.

"It's good to see you too. So how was it over there?" she asked.

I broke the hug as she walked into the kitchen where Mom was sitting.

"It was fun. We played video games and she cooked me breakfast. I never played anything like that, but it was really fun. It was this game where you got to build stuff, and I drew up plans for a castle we worked on."

"You did all that? You're getting more out of your shell than I thought. What's her name?"

"Holly. I like spending time with her, but then her dad came home early and I just really wanted to come home after that."

She ruffled my hair, but I was in too good of a mood for a war, so I let her. "Proud of you. I know that probably was hard to do, but it means a lot that you're trying," she said as reached into the fridge and grabbed a bottle of something.

My arms fell to their side. "Is that beer?"

"I just got a few to celebrate getting to meet an old friend." She popped the cap and took a swig. "Not going to drink too much. Promise."

"Okay…Remember you promised."

"Can I get one of those?" Mom asked in a soft voice.

"Yeah," Emma said before turning to me. "I'll remember."

As Mom was getting up, I went back to my room.

 

+++

Everyone knows she's going to get drunk again.

+++

 

She promised she won't.

 

+++

She'll be knocking on our door tonight.

Babbling like a drunk. 

+++

 

I hate to agree with Tarmon on this.

But it's true.

 

 

I locked my door and fell down on my bed for the rest of the night.

0