CHAPTER 2- Cheating.
336 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 2- Cheating.

"The answer is: 1,797.54."

Okay. Ok.

I'm taking the exam to get into school.

Yuki is looking at everyone's exams to compare answers.

"The answer to the last one is: 1,689."

"Mmm..."

Yuki is smarter than she looks. She understood the method of cheating. Compare all the answers and tell me the answer that most students put ... I think I'll be fine.

I was one of the last to deliver the exam, not wanting to arouse suspicion.

"Yes! I did a good job!"

“Yes, yes."

I patted her head.

"You deserve a sweet."

"Sweet... Candy..."

She's salivating ... That looks lovely.

I went into a candy store and bought a lot of candy.

I left the store with the bags in my hands.

"C-can I have one?"

"If people see a floating candy, they will be scared. Wait a little longer, we're almost home."

Yuki is holding my arm while walking ... I guess she feels safe with me.

"Yuki, I looked for information about your mother ... She is in a prison. She was involved in illegal activities... Most likely they killed you out of revenge."

"Mother..."

I patted her head so she doesn't cry.

"I'll take care of you... I guess you can consider me a big brother... Or father."

"Mmm... No. I can't see you as a big brother. You need to be more mature ... And smile more."

"I guess I'm immature for you."

"But I can consider you my best and only friend."- She said with a big smile.

"A Friend... It can also work."

We went into our house and I put the sweets on the table.

"Okay..."

I put my hands together and closed my eyes.

"I offer these sweets to Yuki's soul. Accept my offering, Yuki..."

I opened my eyes and sat down on the table.

"Ready, you can eat."

"I'm still surprised you know all that."

Yuki took a chocolate bar and began to devour it.

"Simply delicious!"

She is very adorable.

What I have just done is called: offering. There are legends and traditions about offering offerings to people who have already died. I did that. By offering the sweets to Yuki, she can take and eat it, and since I can use my power to make her take things, she can enjoy the taste and feel like she is digesting the chocolate ... In other words, it is as if she has a physical body ... That chocolate will have to come out sooner or later. That's one of the downsides to this ability.

"By the way, Saik, I didn't get to see any ghosts today. Why?"

"I told you before, not everyone turns into ghosts."

People think that ghosts are everywhere, but this is not so. Only very few people can become ghosts.

Yuki is one of those few cases.

She was murdered and felt regret, because she wanted to stay alive, that's why she became a ghost.

But not all murdered people turn into ghosts. If the people who die lived somewhat long lives, even if they are killed, they do not become ghosts. It is more likely to see ghosts of young children.

And the reason why there are not many ghosts, is because they are forgotten.

"Yuki, ghosts, when they are forgotten, disappear. It is very rare for dead people to become ghosts, and if they become ghosts, they will only be ghosts as long as their relatives or friends remember them... And when they forget that person, that person will cease to be a ghost and go to paradise or hell.... Or so I heard from other ghosts."

"T-then ... I'm gonna disappear?"

"I don't think so. Not right now. I remember you very well, and your mother too ... As long as your mother or I remain alive, you will remain a ghost ... I don't know if it's good or bad."

"It's good! Yuki will never be alone again! I'll be with you until you die of old age! Don't worry, the trusty Yuki will bathe you when you can't move anymore. Fufu

... "That would be awkward. No, thanks."

"Fufu. Don’t you feel ashamed?”

"Not really.”

"Buuu. I can't even make you smile, cold boy."

"I'm sorry."

I took one of the sweets and removed the wrapper.

"But, you know... You are a funny and adorable girl ... It wouldn't be so bad to have you with me until I die."

... "Eh? W-what weird things are you saying ?!"

"You would be like my maid."

Yuki got angry and started shooting me an angry look.

"Just kidding... Although you will have a share of household duties, like washing dishes and laundry. You won't be a kept woman."

"W-well, that's fair. After all, it is your home."

"Our home."

"Eh?"

I got up from the table and patted her head.

"I told you before, didn't I? We are a family now. This is your home too. I'll go play video games."

"S-Sure. Thank you."

A family... I missed having someone like that... A person of trust.

16