CHAPTER 20- The rules of the school. Part 2.
121 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 20- The rules of the school. Part 2.

It all worked out. I didn't have to do that much.

Those who tried to rape that girl turned off the security cameras in the area, so as not to leave evidence. No one saw me and I made sure to get home quickly and keep an eye out for anything.

Ninda covered her face when people were around, so they didn't recognize her.

And the old man, leader of that ghost hunting organization, will make sure to protect her.

Everything is fine. That organization is more powerful than a criminal organization.

Ah... Ah. What laziness. But I was the guilty one, I had to do something.

I turned on the bathtub faucet and sighed.

“Well? So how did you do?"

The legendary ghost number 4, the ghost of bad luck, appeared beside me.

"Hahahahahaha! You would have seen their horror faces! Some of them crapped their pants! Saik, you're the coolest man I've ever met! You have no mercy on anyone! It was very satisfying to see them begging for mercy while you took their hearts away!"

... It's still weird to see a little girl saying that.

She has the appearance of a 5-year-old girl... She's adorable, but that personality of hers takes the adorable away.

"I will repeat it again. So how did you do?"

"Everything's solved. Both criminal organizations practically disappeared from the map. Now keep your promise."

“Yes, yes. Let me bathe first. Goodbye."

She disappeared and I took a breath.

I can stay calm for longer.

Nobody's trying to kill me anymore.

Those of that ghost hunting organization suspect me, but if I keep a low profile, they'll do nothing to me.

Their moral code forbids them to kill innocents if it is not necessary.

I used the legendary ghost number 4 to make the luck of all the members of these two criminal organizations worse.

Thanks to this, the investigations that public security organizations were conducting to arrest Ninda's father, managed to obtain the evidence they needed to arrest him.

And the remaining members were killed by Shadow. Thanks to the bad luck they had, they didn't have a chance to escape Shadow.

Last night I killed the members I had left to kill.

Why would I do that? Revenge? Nope. I only did it for one reason.

"To keep my school life peaceful."

With Ninda and her friends screwing with my school life, I couldn't enjoy my school life. The only way I could get rid of Ninda quickly was by causing her to lose everything.

She has no family and no money. She lost everything... Well, I admit that was exaggerated, but I couldn't help it, it was the idea that convinced me the most.

That way I kill two birds with one stone. It would ensure my peaceful school life and eliminate the criminal organization that Yuki's killer belonged to... I think.

I don't know her killer, but Yuki's mother was a member of Ninda's father's rival criminal organization. Logically, I assumed the killer belonged to Ninda's father's criminal organization.

I will never tell her what I did to Yuki.

She's traumatized with the murders.

I could see terror in her eyes when I murdered those rapists in front of her.

If I want her not to be afraid of me, I must never tell her that I am a murderer... I kill bad people, but I'm still a killer.

"I've always said I'm not a good person... I never will be, even if I try to be."

My principles forbid me to do so.

... I really don't want to lose Yuki.

As promised, I arrived at the coffee shop to study with Sylphie.

... A normal coffee shop... Nice place.

I thought it would be the cliché place with women dressed as maids, but fortunately it's a regular coffee shop.

I took a seat and an employee approached me.

"Good afternoon. What will you order?"

"I want two cups of coffee and two slices of chocolate cake, please. That would be all for now."

"In a couple of minutes, your order will be in."

"By the way, I'm looking for Sylphie. If you see her, could you tell her Saik is here?"

“Oh. Fufu. Are you her boyfriend?"

"No, I barely know her, we're just friends."

"I see, I see."

... She's smiling in a weird way.

Women are weird.

"I’ll tell her."

She walked away and I pulled out my smartphone.

I hope the chest is already open, I have to clear that dungeon if I want to get those upgrading materials.

I can not pass the main mission with the current level of my character, I must improve it.

—... "Sí (Yes)."

I can upgrade my sword now.

Perfect.

That chest gave me the exact amount of magic stones I needed.

I'll upgrade the sword and then...

["Cristal" requests to join your world.]

Oh, she's connected. Perfect, she can help me.

I accepted the request.

I'm hoping she can help me, I'm having a hard time moving forward. A little extra help would be nice.

[Hello! 😁 Could you help me collect Minkfak horns?! 🥺👉👈 Please! 😭😊]

Oh, a message... Too many emojis... I'm not used to using that... And I'm not used to receiving emojis either... What should I do?

Mmm... I think that… An affirmative answer is all that is needed... I guess.

[Okay. Follow me.]

Well, a short message.

[Yay! Thank you very much, Saik! 😀😊]

Well, I have 10 minutes off. With my level, it's easy to get those materials.

20 minutes later, Sylphie's shift is over.

She approached me. Oh, she looks adorable in her uniform.

"S-sorry for keeping you waiting, I had to clean the bathroom."

"Oh, don't worry, I was playing, so I didn't feel the time... Wait, I have to say goodbye to someone."

[Cristal, I must go, at night we play, okay? I must study.]

A few seconds later, I received a reply.

[No problem, thank you so much for helping me. See you tonight!]

I got out of the game and put my smartphone in my pocket.

"Ready. I'm sorry, I was playing with someone."

"Don't worry."

We took out our books and I offered her the cup of coffee and the slice of chocolate.

"Here, you'll need energy, I'm a bit strict."

"T-thank you very much."

A relaxing study afternoon.

A relaxing school life.

Ah... This is what I mean by "peaceful school life." No evil ghosts fucking up my life. No ghost hunters bothering with their stalking. A quiet school life.

Studying with someone else is a good idea, but I already had Noel, I didn't need Sylphie.

... Ah... He followed me.

I looked at Noel, who sat next to Sylphie.

"Thank you so much for helping my daughter study. I'm here to teach you how to teach her. I know my daughter perfectly, I know very well the perfect teaching method for her."

I nodded.

It’s a good idea.

My workload decreased.

After two hours, we finished studying.

No wonder Noel was one of the most respected teachers in school. They even gave his daughter a scholarship.

He knows many methods of study.

I feel smarter.

"Th-thank you so much for helping me today, Saik! I understood everything you explained to me... T-thank you very much."

"You’re welcome. See you tomorrow at the same time."

"S-sure."

I paid the bill and left the place.

I will do my night exercises and continue studying.

It is already 8 pm, it is already late.

"W-wait, Saik!"

I stopped and turned to see Sylphie.

She caught up with me and offered me... a toy?

Oh, no... It's an ornament... A keychain... A little cat from a famous anime.

I don't watch TV or anime... But I have to admit, it's adorable.

"H-here! T-thank you very much for ... helping me... Thanks to you, the girls stopped bothering me... And you also help me study... You help me a lot... T-thank you very much."

"Daughter, I'm so proud of you! Saik, she wasn't able to talk to men, but she talks to you without a problem! Saik, please, marry her!"

... No, thanks.

But I will accept the keychain, the cat is cute.

"It's nothing, we are friends, that's what friends do... I guess... This is the first time I have a friend."

Although I don't consider you a friend, Sylphie.

“Thank you very much."

I took the keychain.

It's cute, I'll put it in my backpack.

—... "By the way, Sylphie..."

"Yes?"

—... "No, nothing... Thank you... I must go, I must do my homework... See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."- She said smiling.

I walked away.

I wanted to tell her not to depend on me so much, but I can't tell her that yet. It's too soon.

With actions I will make her independent, not with words.

I came to a park and sat on a bench.

Noel sat next to me and I sighed.

"Ah... It was a long day."

"Saik, you're perfect for my daughter... If she falls in love with you, what will you do?"

"Reject her."

"Oh... That immediate response hurt me."

"Noel... I have never fallen in love ... And I can't fall in love either... I treat Sylphie like a friend. If she falls in love with me, it's her fault. I will reject her immediately if she declares her feelings to me."

—... "And there's nothing I can do to convince you?"

"Yes."

"What do I need to do?"

"Return to the past and prevent the death of my parents. Can you do that?"

—... "Ah... You have your hidden motives... I won't ask anything about it... Ah..."

Noel looked up and smiled.

"For the first time in a long time, my daughter is happy... Her smile is natural... And all thanks to you... In one week you managed to bring a smile back to Sylphie's face... If that's not true love, I don't know what it is."

"Don't confuse love with gratitude. She's just grateful to me for helping her, that's all."

"And you also saved my ex-wife... Saik ... Thank you... Thank you very much... Everything's fine thanks to you... Iris promised to be a better mother... Sylphie has a trusted friend... Everything is fine..."

Ah... No... No...

Noel began to shine and I sighed.

"We had a deal."

—... "I'm sorry… I won't be able to help you anymore... Forgive me."

"Nothing can be done... Thank you for teaching me study methods... Goodbye, Noel."

"No... Thanks to you, Saik... Thank you very much."

Noel turned to dust and dispersed.

"You ran out of regrets, huh? What envy."

His daughter got a friend and his ex-wife stopped drinking... He must trust me too much to run out of regrets so soon.

I thought he would be here longer, to confirm that his ex-wife was really okay... But it was not... He really trusts me... He thinks she'll be fine, because she can count on my help... He left a heavy weight on my back.

I must meet his expectations... After all, I am indebted to him... I must keep my end of the deal.

"Goodbye, Noel."

As Saik rested in the park, a new danger was approaching.

91 was reading news on her computer, while eating fries.

She was still suspicious of Saik, but she doesn't have the evidence to confirm it.

"Yesterday he killed again... Shadow came back and forced the old man to protect a girl... Why is that girl special to him...? Fufu. I'll find out."

(Epilogue.)

Mmm... Yes... A little more... Perfect.

“Well?"

"D-d-d-d-d-delicious!! Give me a slice, a slice! A big one, please!"

After I finished adding the chocolate bars around the cake, I took a picture of it and broke it up.

I don't use social media, but since Sylphie gave me the recipe, I must comply with what she asked me to do. She told me to send her a picture of my cake when I made it.

I don't know why, but she'll have her reasons.

"Here, Yuki."

She took a bite of the slice of cake and started jumping.

"Simply delicious! It's so delicious, Saik! Thank you, thank you!"

Well... She's helped me a lot this week. It's the least I can do for her.

"I'm going to take a piece to Sylphie, she gave me the recipe, I must return the favor."

After storing slices of cake in my backpack, I grabbed my things and we left the house.

A new week of school has begun.

A lot of interesting things happened last week.

I helped Sylphie and her mother, destroyed two criminal organizations, and helped Noel go to paradise.

Last week took me forever. I hope this week will be quieter.

I was supposed to have a peaceful school life. Last week was everything, but less peaceful.

Today is a new day, I must forget my problems and enjoy the present.

"Mmmmm! It's delicious!"

Seeing Yuki enjoying her slice of cake that was still tasting in her mouth, makes me a little excited about how adorable she is.

I patted her head.

"When we get back, you can eat more."

“Thanks!”

She floated and hugged me.

"Thank you very much, Saik!"

"You’re welcome."

Having company is nice. Yuki's company makes my life less boring.

In the past, everyone thought I was weird and didn't come near me. I got too used to loneliness... But I admit having Yuki by my side makes my life more fun.

I consider her my little younger sister.

(Extra- I'll beat you.)

(Pov- Ram.)

Like every day, I wake up, I bathe, I put on my uniform and breakfast... alone.

As always, my parents are on a business trip.

Living alone is lonely, but it has its positive side, like being able to be naked at home without anyone telling me to put on clothes.

Eat what I want and fall asleep at any time I want.

It's a lonely life, but I try to enjoy it.

I took my things and left my apartment.

I went down the elevator in the building and headed to the school.

That school is weird, but that makes it interesting.

Expelling students for failing a single exam is drastic, but I shouldn't worry. I have good grades, I'm far from being in the danger zone. And I don't care about others, I just care about myself.

If my classmates fail, I won't care. They'll be expelled by idiots.

... It's Saik, the weird guy.

He's the only one I can't analyze.

His actions and personality are very rare.

He is the only one who beats me... How is it possible that he's better than me? He falls asleep in class and is lazy.

How is it possible for him to surpass me? This doesn't make sense.

He came out of a store... And he bought a bag of lollipops... Does he really spend his money on candy? What is he? A pervert trying to lure kids with candy?

His addiction to candy is one of the things I don't understand. Just by looking at his neck, arms and face, I can easily see that he has a body without excess fat. On the contrary, he has excellent muscles. He has an excellent body. How is that possible if he spends all his time eating candy?

This doesn't make any sense.

The very existence of this boy is rare.

"But someday I'll beat you."

I try harder than you. I took my studies more seriously than you did... It's not fair that you're better than me... It is not.

(Extra- A friend.)

(Pov- Sylphie.)

My mother prepared my breakfast and lunch... She's changed a lot lately... It's like I got my old mother back.

Since she repented of her suicide attempt, she is a better person.

I'm very happy with that change. I couldn't stand the thought of losing my mother.

I already lost my father, I don't want to lose my mother too.

After a nice breakfast, we both left the house. She went to work and I went to school.

Before, I didn't want to go to school. I didn't want to hear the jokes of my classmates. I didn't want to continue to suffer from bullying.

But that fear disappeared thanks to one person.

"Saik!"

I looked at Saik and started running towards him.

The only person I can consider my friend.

Thanks to him, my fear is disappearing.

Since he appeared in my life, everything has improved.

No one makes fun of me, and thanks to him helping me study, my grades will be better.

For the first time in a long time, I enjoy going to school.

"Good morning, Sylphie."

"G-good morning, Saik."

As always, he offered me a lollipop and I gladly accepted it.

He is a good person, who does not look at me with lust or with ulterior motives.

He's a person who really deserves my trust.

—...

I couldn't help but look at his face, trying to see his pretty eyes.

Any girl who sees Saik's eyes would agree with me. Saik is a cute boy.

He's a guy who doesn't care about his looks or people's opinions... A great person.

... I can't help but get my heart racing when I see him.

It's not love, I barely know him... But I can't help feeling attracted.

I have to control those feelings, because I barely know him. It would be weird of me to fall in love with someone I barely know.

"What is it, Sylphie?"

Uwaaaah! He caught me looking at him!

"I-It's nothing."

"I see."

He ignored my gaze and kept walking.

I-I need to be more discreet.

... Well... We got to school.

A new school day has begun.

Before I would be nervous and scared, but now I feel calm.

I'm not a lonely girl anymore, I have a real friend. A real friend, not a person who tries to flirt with me or seeks to conquer me.

A real friend. A friend who accompanies me to lunch. A friend who helps me study... A real friend.

(Author's words: I finally finished the first volume of my first novel which is not an isekai. Saik is becoming one of my favorite protagonists. I hope you will follow the novel and leave comments. Please share the novel on your social media if you liked it, that would help me a lot. And leave comments on Twitter: @HectorAngelAlv2, I'd appreciate it.)

10