CHAPTER 37 – Second special exam. Part 2.
44 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 37 - Second special exam. Part 2.

Naima and I arrived at the school cafeteria. I still feel eyes on me, but I'll ignore them. It doesn't affect me, and I don't care.

Eating with a girl like Naima is something new for me. I wonder if I'll do it right.

Talking with Naima while we wait in line is quite relaxing. I mean, Naima talks about things that seem stupid to me, like clothes, movies, blah, blah, blah, but there's something in her voice that, even though she talks about stupid things, her words don't bore me. It's quite entertaining to talk to her.

I make an effort to speak in an interesting way so she won't think I'm a boring guy... Well, I am boring, but I have to pretend I'm not.

"Okay, it's our turn."

Although her change in attitude towards me bothers me. I would have liked to earn her trust little by little and not so quickly. But, well, I can't control people's mindset. If she already considers me trustworthy, there's nothing I can do.

"Here."

She handed me a sandwich.

"Goodbye, I'm going to eat with my friends."

Huh?

"Free food. Thanks."

I walked away from her, and she went to her friends who were waiting for her at a table.

I was completely ignored, and she didn't even ask me to eat with them.

"Thanks."

For a moment, I thought Naima already considered me her friend, but I'm still just a classmate to her. Yes, she interests me, but I don't want to earn her friendship so quickly. It's better to take it slow so our relationship can be better.

Well... Where will I eat then? Hmm... In the classroom. I prefer to eat alone, but since Yuki isn't here, I'll eat in the classroom.

(Pov- Sylphie.)

Saik went to eat with Naima... They get along... really well... Ahhhh! Why didn't I invite him to eat first?!

Ah... I seem like a perverted stalker. Saik doesn't have to eat with me all the time.

Although...

"I really wanted to eat with him."

I feel more relaxed around Saik. His presence relaxes me quite a bit.

"What's wrong, Sylphie? You look sad."

"Huh?"

I looked up. Ah... U-uwa... Uwaaaah! Saik?!

"H-h-hi, Saik. I thought you were eating with Naima."

"No, she just bought me a sandwich. You should never turn down free food."

He pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

"Mmm... I don't detect any pain... Mmm... I give up. Why are you sad?"

That sadness disappeared when I saw you, Saik... But I can't tell him that!

"I was just thinking about... about... about the camp. Being with Ram will be uncomfortable. And she made me spend 800 points."

"Oh... Now that I think about it, we made the mistake of spending points before the special exam ended."

"Y-yes! I'm sorry, Saik, I forgot."

"I forgot too, don't worry. Besides, we still have the points advantage. Don't worry. You don't have to worry."

He took a bite of his sandwich and I opened my lunchbox. Eating with Saik really makes me feel happier... No, relaxed! Happy no, relaxed! Ah, Sylphie, don't be so easy!

"Here's the mistake."

"Mistake?"

He showed me the screen of his phone. A panel from my manga?

"Here, look. The protagonist has black-painted nails, but you didn't paint them here."

But... that drawing of the protagonist is small, almost insignificant. How did he notice that? Ah, I almost forgot how great Saik is.

"Saik, you have a good eye."

"Not so good if I have to wear glasses. I'm just good at looking at things in detail. I have to admit, I really liked the story. And since I have the author in front of me, maybe I'll get lucky and get some spoilers."

"Fufu. No. No spoilers."

"Ah, well, I tried. I wonder if I would look good with black-painted nails."

Saik with painted nails... He would look so cool! Saik likes to dress in black, so I think someday I'll see him with black-painted nails too. Hope dies last!

"By the way, Sylphie, can I give you some advice?"

"Sure."

"Now the main characters are just friends. Since it's a romantic comedy, I'm 100% sure they'll end up together. Please develop the characters well before they fall in love with each other. There must be decent development so that the couple doesn't seem forced. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, don't worry, I already have everything planned."

"Then I wish you good luck. I'll always give hearts and share your chapters... Although all my followers are your followers too."

Receiving support from my... Can I consider him my best friend? I mean... Naok, Bell, and Ludius are my friends too, but Saik is more of a friend to me than they are... Yes, Saik is my best friend. And getting his support feels pretty good. It inspires me to keep pursuing my dream.

"Thank you very much, Saik."

"And are you ready for the camp?"

"Ah... Yeah... I guess. Ram is a very smart girl, being on her team is really good... Although she made me spend a lot of points. What about you, Saik? You'll be on an island for three weeks. Are you ready?

"With all that I spent, Naima and I won't have any problems. Although I would have liked it if they sold lighters and an extra tent. I could only buy one. Sharing it will be uncomfortable, considering that Naima thinks I'm a weird and perverted guy. Why does she think I'm a pervert? Do I look like a pervert, Sylphie?

"Of course not! You're not perverted at all, Saik..."

Wait... A-are they...?

"W-will you s-sleep together in the same tent?"

"Yes. I could only buy one. And neither of us wanted to sleep outside."

"I see."

... Ahhhhhh! Why didn't I get paired with Saik?! Life hates me! I wish we could swap places!

"Saik, come with us."

Ram and Saoto? What do they want with Saik?

"Ah... Alright. Sylphie, if I disappear and they find me dead in a garbage bag, blame Ram."

Saik made a joke! Sylphie, remember your mom's advice! He should realize you like talking to him! Laugh at his joke and smile!

O-okay...

I laughed a bit and smiled at Saik.

"Stop saying stupid things and come."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming. Goodbye, Sylphie."

"G-goodbye, Saik."

They left the classroom. Alright, I did it! It was a small step, but even a small step is a big step for me! Keep it up, Sylphie.

(Pov- Saik.)

I finished my sandwich. Food tastes more delicious when it's free, huh?

"What do you want from me? I haven't gotten into any trouble...not that I know of."

"Come in."

We entered an empty room. I think this is the art club room. Wow, the paintings are really good. Just what you'd expect from an elite school, huh? Surely the members of this club are children of people who work in something related to art.

"Well. Should I kneel or will you use a rope?"

"What?"

"Are you not going to kill me with a shot to the head or hang me to make it look like a suicide?"

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

"We won't do anything to you, Saik."

"Ah...I see. Since you brought me to an empty room and the rich usually make people they find annoying disappear, I thought you wanted to kill me."

"Tsk. My family is wealthy, but we don't do that."

"Same here."

Well, well, well. I think I'm getting better at my jokes, huh? I look like a normal student now...right?

"By the way, Saik, does your family do that?"

Oh, Saoto, don't you know anything about me? I thought you had investigated me.

"I'm not wealthy."

"No?"

"No...Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't before. My mother was a very important doctor and my father was a professor at a private medical school. We had money, but unfortunately they died, so I sold our old house, paid off the debts, and came to live here. I have savings to survive for a couple of years, but in theory, I'm poor, I don't have a job."

I even used to attend fancy rich people parties. They were very boring, so I always refused to go.

Oh, now that I remember, my parents wanted to marry me to the daughter of a friend of my mother's. I never met her or know who she was. I threatened to kill myself if they forced me to marry. I only did that because I planned to not get married or have children. If I got married, I would be obligated to have children. I don't want them to suffer like I did. I don't know if my power to see ghosts is hereditary.

"Oh...I see...Well, anyway, we want to talk about what we'll do from now on."

"What we'll do?"

"We need to make sure we earn the class points."

"And why am I here? I'll be in the island test. I can only assure you that I won't give up, but that's all I'll do. I can't help those at the camp or those who will go to the Capital."

"Teamwork is necessary to reach class A."

"Ah...and why me? Can't you call someone else who's more sociable or intelligent?"

"You're the smartest in the class."

"Well, get someone else who's more sociable. Helping them means staying longer in school. No, thanks. Now with the new behavior rules, I can't sleep in class anymore. I don't want to waste more of my time. Go to class A without me."

I walked away, but Saoto took me by the arm.

"Stop being so selfish."

"I don't work in a team, I work better alone. Goodbye, I already have enough problems with the student council, I don't have time for this."

He let go of me and I left the room. I don't have time to worry about other people. I already have enough with Sylphie, I don't want to add more people to my problems.

I just want to have a quiet school life. Is that too much to ask?

Classes have ended and Sylphie is walking by my side.

"It's starting to get a bit cold. Aren't you cold, Saik?"

"A little, but I'm used to it."

Ah, Kaeyko. A girl is talking to him, but his face is expressionless. He doesn't enjoy talking to that girl. That boy interests me.

"Hey, Saik!"

Someone hugged my arm. Huh?

"I know we started off on the wrong foot, but I really want to be your friend."

It's the girl who gave me that supposed love letter.

"No, thank you, and tell Tanya I won't fall for her tricks."

"Tsk. You're missing out."

She clicked her tongue and walked away from me.

"W-who was that?"

"A girl I rejected. Who would date someone they don't know? Only perverts."

"D-did she ask you out?"

"Yes, although I suspect Tanya used her to get me to change classes. Well, it doesn't matter. Let's go to the movies."

"Y-yeah!"

(Pov- Kaeyko.)

Classes are over. Ah, I am finally free. It's been years since I enjoyed coming home. I'll go to my apartment, eat something, and laze around all day. What more could I ask for?

Ah, the neighbor arrived at the same time as me. I'll greet her like the good neighbor I am.

"Good afternoon, Miss Sylvie."

"G-g-g-g-g-g-good a-afternoon!"

I admit that stuttering is weird and scary, but it's also kind of cute.

We started climbing the stairs together.

"A-and how w-was school?"

I still can't get used to that terrifying gaze she has.

"Well, I suppose. The school changed its rules, and it's annoying. But aside from that, I guess I did well. And how was work for you?"

"I-I work at home. I-I just went out to get some drawing materials."

Ah, right, she has a bag in her hand.

"I see. Well, see you..."

Ah, I stumbled on something.

My face was about to hit the floor, but Sylvie caught me with her arms, and her face was now too close to mine. I look like a princess being rescued by a prince, don't I? I look pathetic.

"A-a-are you o-o-okay?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you."

She helped me to my feet, and I looked at the floor... No, there's nothing there.

"How strange. What did I stumble on?"

"I-I-I have to go!"

She went into her apartment. I guess she's in a hurry.

I entered my apartment and left my things on the table.

Well... Now I have to think about what I'll do.

Surviving in the Capital will be easy. The school will give us jobs, I'm sure of that. I shouldn't worry about that. I just have to survive three weeks.

The Capital is too simple. Ah, I wanted to go to the island... Huh?

"What's this?"

I crouched down and picked up a notebook. This notebook is not mine.

Mmm... There are only drawings. Oh, Sylvie was here yesterday, she probably forgot it.

I'll give it back to her.

I left the apartment and knocked on her door.

"Kya!"

That scream... Did she fall?

She opened the door, and... Oh, she has something on her face. Blood.

She injured her forehead.

"H-h-hi!"

"You forgot your notebook yesterday. And you have some blood on your forehead. You have a wound."

"D-don't worry, it'll heal fast! T-t-thank you so much for returning it."

"You're welcome."

I handed her the notebook.

"Goodbye."

"Y-yes, goodbye."

I walked away... The neighbor is weird, but she's nice.

(Pov- Sylvie.)

H-he left. I-I-I hope he doesn't think I'm a stupid woman.

"Hehe. That boy is Kaeyko. Our little toy."

"Eh?"

I turned to look at that stupid brat. That old lady with the appearance of a little girl. How disgusting.

"So? Will you join us?"

"What d-do you mean by t-t-toy?"

"Hmmmh? Is that boy your romantic interest?"

"N-n-no, I barely know him, but he's a good person. H-he doesn't judge me by my a-a-appearance. I want to be his friend."

"I see... Well, I'll tell you, it won't affect us anyway. Our master manipulated that boy's life to make him cold and emotionless."

"Eh?"

B-but Kaeyko doesn't seem cold. He's very kind to me. He even laughs.

"He's not cold. W-what do you m-mean by that?"

"Yes, the result was disappointing. Our master read a novel and tried to replicate the protagonist of that novel. She manipulated his life to make it as similar as possible to the protagonist's life. The protagonist was considered a pervert because of a misunderstanding, and so was Kaeyko. The protagonist hated his family, and so does Kaeyko. Our master thought everything was going well, but Kaeyko decided to exercise and hit those who teased him. Unlike the protagonist of the novel, who was calm and liked to write, Kaeyko decided to simply defend himself using violence. Oh, and also the protagonist of the novel was average-looking, and Kaeyko is attractive."

"S-s-she did it just for... f-f-fun? S-she just p-played with Kaeyko's life... for fun?"

"Yep. Our master was bored and did it for fun."

"...Go away."

"Can I consider that a yes?"

"I'll never join you. Go away right now."

"Ah, you'll regret that decision in the future. Goodbye."

She turned into dust and dispersed.

"Tsk."

Manipulating someone's life just for fun. So disgusting... Kaeyko, how much have you suffered in life? I wish I had the power to protect you, but I can't even control the ghost that's always behind me.

"I want to be your friend."

And help you move forward.

(Pov- Saik.)

After watching a movie with Sylphie and studying with her for an hour, I said goodbye to her and arrived at my house.

"Welcome home, Saik! What do you want? A bath? Dinner?"

Yuki winked at me.

"Or me?"

"To you."

"... What?"

I approached her, and she moved away from me.

"W-wait! It was a joke! Pervert!"

"Huh? Did I say something weird? I need your help, that's why I said I wanted you."

"Idiot!! I got scared! I thought you had become a pervert! Idiot, idiot, idiot!"

Ah, she's stomping her feet while looking at me with that furious expression, although it's also adorable.

"Ah... I'm sorry?"

"An apology won't be enough! Give me a sweet, and I'll forgive you!"

"Yes, yes, but let's have dinner first."

Food will relax her. Full stomach, happy heart.

I made dinner. Burgers. A double burger for me and a triple burger for Yuki.

"Delicious!"

Yuki looks just as cheerful as ever. Nothing bad happened while she was at school.

"And what about Sumi?"

"She's like you, but a female version. No one gets close to her. They consider her a weird girl who attracts bad luck. But don't worry, no one beats her up...! Although being ignored is also bad."

"I see... Her life will change for the better, so she will be able to get friends in the future. She just needs to change schools and start over."

She is still quite young, she has a long life ahead of her. And her mother already knows that ghosts exist, she won't be considered a weird child anymore. She was too lucky to meet me. Although if Yuki wasn't with me.... If I had met Sumi and not Yuki, Sumi would be dead. I didn't kill her only because I don't want Yuki to see me as a monster.

But I really wanted to kill her. She can see Yuki. How powerful is she? She's dangerous, but she's still a little girl. I can manipulate her so that her existence doesn't bother me.

"The food is as delicious as ever, Saik! Fufu. You'll make a great wife."

"Thank you. It's one of my possible futures."

"Huh? You want to be a wife?! You want to be a wife?!"

"The idea of being a househusband doesn't sound so bad. I can be lazy all day and I just have to clean, do the housework. I can slack off all day and just clean, cook meals and sexually satisfy my wife. Ah, and if I have kids, take care of them. It doesn't sound so... Ah, I was going to say it doesn't sound so hard, but I think that would be discrediting the efforts of housewives."

"Saik... Saik... Mmm. How can I put it... Have you no shame?! Have you no aspirations or dreams?! You just want to be a housewife?! I wouldn't be surprised if your future wife cheats on you with her boss or a co-worker at work."

"I cook well, I know how to clean, you say I'm cute and..."

Ah, I better not say anything about sex in front of a young girl like Yuki.

"And I think I'd do a good job as a househusband. If she cheats on me, well... Honestly, I don't think I'd mind. If I love her, it would hurt, but most likely I'll end up marrying someone without feeling love and only get married to be taken care of."

"Do you really want that?"

"Don't you realize I'm joking?"

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Yuki grabbed her hair and screamed. Was she angry?

"Why do you joke at the weirdest moments?!"

"I'm sorry... I really don't have any specific dreams. Maybe I'll just become a doctor like my mother. I have contacts that could help me get a job in that."

Ah, sorry Yuki, but my only future is to die when I commit suicide. Don't worry, you won't be alone, Sumi will take care of you for me.

"A doctor, huh? Fufu. You'll have all the nurses after you. Don't become a womanizer."

"Having romantic or sexual relationships with work colleagues is wrong. I shouldn't mix my private life with work."

"Ah, you're so weird, Saik... Well, changing the subject, what do you want me to do? You said you needed my help."

"Ah, yes. I'm going on a trip. Will you stay here with Sumi or come with me? I won't be able to talk to you if you come with me, so it'll be boring."

"You're going on a trip?! Yupi! Vacation! Let's go to the beach, Saik! No, let's visit the Capital! I've never been to the Capital!"

She seems too excited with the news. Well, considering she's been alone in this house for 5 years, it's obvious she's bored of being in the same place all the time and wants to visit other places.

"Don't worry, Yuki, we'll go to the Capital when winter vacation starts. But this time we won't go to the Capital, we'll go to an island."

"Island?"

I told Yuki about the upcoming special exam. If she accompanies me, I won't be able to talk to her because I suspect the protection bracelet will record our voices to prevent students from doing inappropriate things on the island. Obviously they wouldn't leave two teenagers on an island without preventing them from doing inappropriate things.

But if she stays here, she won't be able to touch or eat anything. I don't have time to teach Sumi how to control Yuki. It took me years to learn how to control ghosts. Sumi is more powerful than me, but that won't help her learn in a short time.

"I see... Hmm... It's a difficult decision. If I stay, I won't be able to eat or bathe, but if I go with you, I won't be able to talk to you at all times... Hmm... And can I swim and eat?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll come with you! And to not feel alone, answer me by nodding your head."

"Sure, okay... By the way, as you know, Naima will be my partner on the island. Don't do anything weird, understood?"

"Yes, yes, I know."

I was going to feel lonely without Yuki.

Friday arrived. Unlike the other school days, this week was quite calm. My daily routine is to go to the store to buy something, talk a little with Iris, and at school I just study and talk to Sylphie. They have been very peaceful days.

"The results of the special exam are as follows.

I have 52,016 points.

Sylphie has 9,243 points.

Naok has 112 points. He's an idiot with his assignments and only got 70 positive points in basketball. I thought it would be easier to earn points, but I was wrong.

Bell has 58 positive points.

Ludius has 161 points. He got 75 points from his participation in the soccer game.

A total of 61,590 positive points.

First place.

Second place, Ram team, with 573 points.

Third place, Danna team, with 515 points.

Fourth place, Saoto team, with 492 points.

Earning points without betting is really difficult, huh? An average of 100 points per student. According to what I have seen, on average a studious and intelligent student earns 5 points per day thanks to their participation and assignments. 25 points earned per week, plus the points they earn with the blackboard work.

"Congratulations to the Saik team, who got first place. The 500 points will be distributed equally. 100 for each one."

"Yes!"

"Thank you!"

Bell and Naok are the most excited. Sylphie and Ludius are also happy with the results, but I already knew I was going to win.

Since I discovered that I can bet, I knew that getting first place wouldn't be that complicated.

"Of the 100 class points that could be earned, thanks to Saik, you were able to earn all 100. Congratulations."

Wow, wow. I feel important.

That means we currently have 200 class points.

That means...

"We will be in class A if our exam results are good."

Exactly, Ram. If no one fails, we will be in class A.

"On Monday, September 22, the exams will begin. There will be 100 class points at stake. If the average is above 95, the class will win all 100 class points. If the average is 80, you will only win 80. If the average is 70, you will win 70. And so on."

Ram looked at Bell, one of the worst in the class.

Naok, Bell, Evelyn, and Sylphie are the worst. They could harm us.

Sylphie might be an exception. She has had good results when we study.

Today is September 12th. We have over a week to study. I suppose it's enough time. I'll cheat, so I won't worry too much about it.

Yeah, there's nothing to worry about.

"By the way, I don't know if you already knew, but the passing grade is 60. If you get less than that, you'll be expelled."

Ah... I thought it would be 50, not 60.

I felt eyes on me. Bell, Naok, and Sylphie are looking at me.

No, no, no. I'm sorry, but I won't waste my time on you... Well, only with Sylphie because I promised her father, but I won't help Naok or Bell.

Maybe...

I raised my hand.

"Will we lose class points if anyone is expelled?"

Yes, obviously we will lose, but I want to know the amount of points.

"Yes. You will lose 50 class points for each expelled student."

"I see. Thank you."

I turned to look at Ram.

"If you don't want to lose points, help the worst students study. I'm helping Sylphie, you help the others."

Ram looked at me.

"Why only Sylphie?"

"Because she's just one person. I feel uncomfortable with many people."

"We'll see."

At the bottom of the dark sea, where nothing can be seen, there is a cave.

Inside that cave, no water enters because it's protected by something called "magic".

And the one responsible for that magic is...

"Great Goddess of the ghosts, we are now gathered."

The Ghost Goddess.

Five people are kneeling before the statue of a girl. Among them is the man who tried to kill Saik and the girl who met Sylvie. There is another girl, but she looks like a human-sized doll, her whole body is made of wood, except for her head, which is 100% human. She has long black hair and empty, dark eyes.

The other two are twin siblings, a man and a woman. They both have blue hair and hide their faces with completely black masks.

"Saik is not a common enemy, he is powerful, more than all of you together. If he doesn't accept to join us, we must kill him. Be patient and wait. I already know how to kill him."

The voice comes from the statue, whose eyes are shining with a red tone.

"Tsk. Is it really necessary to have him on our side? We can just kill him and get the legendary ghosts."

"Don't underestimate Saik. He is not just a pretty face. Don't bother him. Goodbye."

The statue's eyes stopped shining.

"We shouldn't bother him, brother. Let's go home."

"If our Goddess says so, it must be true. Let's go, sister."

Both turned into dust and scattered.

"Our master is very interesting. I hope Saik can meet my expectations."

The little girl disappeared.

"Tsk. That damn kid."

The man disappeared, and the human doll licked the palm of her right hand.

"Saik... I want to meet that human."

(Pov- Sylphie.)

W-well. Sylphie, it's been three weeks since you and Saik became friends, leave your shyness behind and go with him!

S-sure... L-let's go.

I approached Saik with my lunch in my hands.

"S-Saik, would you like to...?"

"Saik, have mercy!"

"Help us study!"

What? Naok and Bell interrupted me. I had finally left my shyness behind!

"Unfortunately, I can't. I don't know how to teach. And I don't have time, sorry... Mmm..."

Saik stood up from his seat and approached Saoto.

"President, could you help those who need to improve in their studies? Naok and Bell need help."

"Oh, sure, with pleasure."

"Thank you."

He turned to Naok and Bell.

"Saoto is also intelligent, he will help you. Goodbye."

Saik took his lunches. Sylphie, it's your chance!

"S-Saik, would you like to eat with me?"

"Sure, that's fine."

I did it!

We left the classroom together. W-well, my shyness is decreasing more and more with Saik. I can already talk to him without getting so nervous... Huh?

Why do I feel afraid...? No... It's gone now... How strange. What's happening...? Well, it doesn't matter.

"The second chapter of your manga was quite good. Although the part about the protagonist's mother cheating on her husband with another man is something that hurt me to read. I hope the protagonist's father finds someone better. I like his character."

"T-thank you."

"By the way..."

Saik took out his phone and showed me something. A drawing of one of my characters? Wow... It's an excellent drawing.

"I didn't know you could draw, Saik."

"I've been studying drawing all week. Do you like it?"

"I love it!"

"Can I post it? I'll tag you."

"Yes, o-of course!"

T-the first FanArt of my manga. It's a pleasure that Saik is my first fan! Saik is a great friend... Although I'd like him to be more than just a friend to me... No, Sylphie, you must wait longer! Don't be desperate!

B-but there are couples who start dating from the second week of knowing each other.

Idiot, those couples always end up breaking up quickly! If you want something serious with Saik, you must take it slow!

Y-yes... That's true. Slowly, but surely... Huh?

I felt afraid again. How strange.

(Pov- Hanako.)

That bitch... That disgusting bitch... She's getting closer and closer to Saik.

Just today, when I gathered the courage to invite Saik to lunch, she beats me to it and invites him first.

Look at that bitch, walking beside my future boyfriend. He's mine, Sylphie. Only mine.

"That bitch must die."

I agree. She must die... I'll kill her.

"Fufufu. I like that look, Hanako 2."

"When?"

"Not yet. We don't know if Shadow is here. If we kill her, it'll attract some attention. We must kill her at the same time we kill Shadow. She'll be in that place when we start our attack."

"We just have to be patient."

"Fufufu. Exactly, my dear."

I just have to wait... Just have to wait.

(Pov- Sylphie.)

The rooftop door was open. Eating in this place is so nostalgic.

This is where I met Saik. He was just as lonely as I was... And in this very place, he protected me from the girls who were hitting me. He defended me... And here is also where we became friends... It's the perfect place for a confession.

"Saik, I..."

No, idiot, you have to take it slow!

"Do you want some of my food?!"

"Ah, meatballs. Thanks."

I-I'm such a coward... No, you're not a coward. It's common sense to get to know a person before going out with them. We have to get to know each other better if I want any chance of him accepting me as his girlfriend.

Saik isn't interested in romance. I have to use my feminine charms to make him fall for me!

I picked up a meatball with my fork.

"S-say, 'ah'."

I'm dying of embarrassment! Only couples do this!

Huh?

Did he eat it?!

He swallowed the meatball.

"I didn't know friends did that. I thought only couples did it. I need to investigate more about what friends do together."

Saik offered me his sausage... No, idiot! I mean a food sausage. Don't be a pervert, idiot!

"S-say, 'ah'."

I don't need a mirror to realize my face is red with embarrassment. Saik is feeding me!

"A-ah..."

He put the sausage in my mouth... Ahhhhh! I mean a food sausage, not his sausage! Don't imagine anything weird, Sylphie!

"It's delicious."

E-eating like this makes us look like a cute couple, doesn't it? I-it feels pretty good.

(Pov- Yuki.)

Mmm... I know I told Saik that friends share food that way, but... Why does my heart hurt?

Seeing Sylphie eating with Saik as if they were a couple, makes me feel strange.

Am I getting sick? I don't know.

I feel really bad... Why?

(Extra.)

Legendary ghost number 1, the ghost of disease.

Its appearance is that of a weak and sickly old man, whose aura was gray and viscous.

"Legendary ghost? What's that?"

Saik, at 6 years old, while visiting his mother at work in the hospital, encountered legendary ghost number 1 while he was worsening the health of a child with cancer and preventing the medication from having positive effects on the little boy.

"Fufu. Your son knows how to have fun on his own, doctor."

While others thought Saik was pretending to fight someone, he was actually fighting someone.

Saik hit him and was about to destroy him, but the legendary ghost told him not to and revealed that he was a legendary ghost.

The ghost told him about the legendary ghosts and the possible wish he would get if he collected them all.

Saik, out of simple curiosity and fun, decided to capture them all.

He captured legendary ghost number 1 and his adventure began.

5