Arriving at Arlong Park
288 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the cabin of a certain small boat on the East Blue sailing towards Arlong Park, a grimly dressed man is in a dilemma

*Sigh* 'I really can't remember much besides the fight with Arlong. It also doesn't help when Zoro's been keeping an eye on me this whole ride. Is he even trying to hide it?!'

"You know, if you're gonna stand outside the door the whole time, you might as well come in."

The pirate hunter flinches at the words before opening the door. "How'd you know I was there?"

"I've always had a good sixth sense. You also haven't exactly been trying to mask your suspicion of me this entire trip. Can I ask what makes me so suspicious?"

"Besides your clothes and the fact you won't lower the hood to show your face? Too many things. You show up out of nowhere, accept an offer to join the crew of random person, and yet it seems like you know exactly who we are. Especially 'Usopp. Son of Yasopp.'"

'Shit, I guess that joke really was worse than I initially thought'

"Would you believe me if I said I knew his father?"

"No"

"Of course. Well I don't exactly have a believable explanation, so I'd appreciate if you just trust me for now. As for my face, I'm not opposed to lowering my hood. But don't you think it'd be more dramatic when the whole crew is here?"

"What a stupid excuse. I'm not going to trust you blindly like everyone else. I'm keeping my eyes on you. If you get any more suspicious I won't hesitate to slice you down."

"I'll take that for now. But are you sure you'll be able to handle me in your condition?"

Zoro grabs the hilt of the white sword on his waist "Would you like to find out?"

"GUYS! WE SEE THE ISLAND"

"Saved by the bell" Ray stands up and grabs the scythe leaning against the table "Look, at the very least I'm not a danger to any of you. Take that as you will"

"Hmph" the pirate hunter removes the hand from his waist and turns to walk towards the two people waiting outside.

'What a suspicious man. I guess I can't just sit this one out otherwise no one will trust me. Just another thing to worry about. I'm glad I took a practice swing at Mihawk to test my current power'

"Zoro! You shouldn't be moving around so much! You're lucky you're even alive with those wounds" Scolds Usopp as he approaches

"Oh shut it. So are we cutting our way in?"

""AS IF!"" Usopp and Johnny say while slapping him over the head

"We need to find the Going Merry first and figure out the situation."

"I have a plan if that's okay with you?" Ray chimes in while side glancing at Zoro

"As long as it's better than cutting our way in." Usopp replies

"We'll see. By the way, wasn't there 5 of us on board? What happened to the other bounty hunter?"

"Yosaku jumped off earlier to go tell Luffy where we're headed. He'll come back with him." Johnny says

"He jumpe... whatever. Alright before I explain the plan, long nose, do you have any rope?"

"Yeah I should" Usopp says while digging into his bag. He pulls out rope and tosses it to Ray, still too wary to approach him.

"Thanks. Okay first, we need to circle the island and find where the Merry is docked. I'm sure there will be pirates across the island on lookout so long nose and bounty hunter need to lay low so no one notices you."

"What about us then" Zoro asks "Are we taking out the lookouts?"

"Uh, no? That's where this comes in" Reaper responds while holding up the rope "Nami doesn't know me, and doesn't know about your injury. I can say I captured you while you were on the way to take Arlongs head. Or is the future "worlds best swordsman" scared of a little rope?"

"Hmph, that can't hold me. What about Johnny and Usopp?"

"They'll have to sneak off the boat towards the Merry without being seen. It's not the best but it'll work out. Probably."

"Wait wait wait! What if we get caught? Or if they're hostile towards the two of you? Zoro is in no condition to fight and fishmen are ten times stronger than human from birth!" the crews sniper yells out

"Eh I'm sure you can get away. Ideally we won't need to fight but if so, I can handle some little fishmen."

"Crazy! I don't agree with this plan!"

"Me neither!" adds Johnny

Ray sighs and walks towards the two, resulting in the sniper and bounty hunter backing up as far as they can.

"We don't have much other choice. Look" Reaper says as he points behind them "We can already see the Merry. So hurry and tie up green hair before someone sees you two" as he hands them the rope

"We're so dead" Usopp mutters while tying up Zoro.

~~~~~~~

As they approach the dock, three fishmen standing on the island notice the boat and see an ominous hooded figure in a gown, one hand holding a scythe and another a green haired man covered in bandages.

"That's an unfamiliar ship. Let's go check it out" says a blue fishman before the three jump in the water towards the boat

'Show time'

"Alright you two, get out of here quickly. If you get noticed just run towards the village or something" whispers Ray while still looking at the three fishmen heading towards them.

"Don't need to tell me twice" Usopp says before stealthily jumping in the water along Johnny.

"Okay sword man, this may not help you trust me but I'm going have to act my part. Just go along with it"

"Tsk, as long as you don't get us killed I'll be fine" he responds snarkily

"I'll try my best" Ray says while three fishmen, who look too big to fit on the tiny boat, climb on board

"Well that's rude. I don't remember inviting you on board?" the hooded man says while gripping his scythe.

"Kekeke, you're in Arlongs territory now, we don't need an invitation. What are you doing at Arlong Park little human?" the blue fishman says while standing just a few steps away from Rays face.

"I have a present for Arlong" he says while presenting Zoro forward "I caught him in the area talking about going after Arlongs bounty. So I thought might as well bring him here myself in good faith"

"KEKEKE I like your style human! But what makes you think Arlong will care about some no name bounty hunter covered in bandages?" the blue fishman replies

"Would me telling you this is Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro change anything?"

The three fishmen freeze before looking at eachother "I think it might" a red fishman remarks from the side

"We'll lead you to Arlong Park! You two, steer the boat!" the blue fishman commands the other fishmen.

The two fishmen jump off opposite sides of the boat into the water then grab onto it. They turn the boat 180 before swimming fastly in that direction.

'Alright. Worked well so far. Now I just hope Usopp and Johnny don't mess something up'

~~~~~~~

"WHAT! Nami's a member of the Arlong Pirates?!" Usopp shouts

"Yep. She's pretty famous around these parts. Even that kid talked about her earlier, remember?" a blue haired woman responds

Usopp quickly stands from his chair in panic "Sorry! I have to go, my friends are in trouble!" he says while running out the door

'Nice plan Ray! You walked straight into the enemy base looking for someone that's part of their crew! I need to get there before anything bad happens'

~~~~~~~

At the same time...

"Open the gates! I brought people for Arlong!"

"Alright, you ready to see the man you tried to hunt down?" an ominous looking man says to a pirate hunter

"Hmph. Just because I'm tied up doesn't make any of you safe" he responds back

'Look at him, acting tough in this situation. I'd expect nothing less'

"We'll see about that soon Mister Roronoa"

10