Arlong Park falls
266 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Okay I’ll admit, not the best move I could’ve made’ Ray thinks as he looks behind him to see a certain shark fishman swimming towards him at an incredible speed.

“Shahahaha! I’m even stronger in the water. You’re done for human!”

‘So annoying. How is he even talking? Does sound travel in water?’ he thinks as he holds his hand behind him and flips Arlong off.

A vein in Arlongs forehead pops out in anger at the gesture. “Fine! You still wanna treat this as a game?”

The fishman straightens his body in the direction of Ray, then points his nose at him.

‘Why does this seem familiar?’

“SHARK ON DARTS!” Arlong yells as he flies (or rather swims) towards Reaper at a speed comparable to a bullet.

‘Fuck!’ The Reaper turns his entire body to face Arlong but was too slow to block or dodge while in the water and ends up with a gash in his already hurt shoulder as the shark fishman passes him.

Ray turns around to face him once more and as he does he hears another yell

“SHARK ON DARTS!”

‘Why even call out your move?! Am I going to have to make names for flashy moves too?’ 

Ray holds out his arms as he was actually facing Arlong this time to try and block the attack. The result of this? Both his arms got impaled together by Arlongs saw like nose, and he got pushed away until his back hits the rocky floor beneath him. 

"Ah fu..." Ray starts to say but once he opens his mouth, tons of water flows into him and blood starts pouring at of his mouth due to the quick change in water pressure.

'Oh this isn't good' Ray lifts both his feet to kick Arlong away while pulling his arms back to free them from the saw-like nose holding them together. As the nose leaves his arms, he almost yells out in pain at the feeling of his bones and flesh being sawed.

'How do the people in this world brush stuff like this off so easily?! I've been hurt majorly before but this is new."

With his arms free, he frantically starts patting around the area to look for his weapon. While searching he yet again hears a shout from behind him.

"SHARK ON DARTS!"

'Is that the only move he has?!' he quickens his search as he feels a rush of water heading towards his back. 

'Come on, come on! Ha, bingo!' he feels a familiar object touch his hand, and as if by instinct, grabs it swings behind him so fast you'd forget he was underwater.

"AH!" the fishman screams as an unexpected stabbing pain is felt in his left side, stopping his attack. He looks down and notices a dark haired man with purple eyes and blood flowing out of his mouth staring directly at him, holding the other end of the weapon that just struck him.

He continues staring at the man, until he see's a weird look in his eyes that sends a shiver down his spine. 

'He's dangerous!' Arlong thinks as he knocks the scythe blade out of his side and quickly turns around and starts swimming upwards as if running away.

The shark fishman abruptly stops in his tracks before turning around to look back at the man. "Me? Being scared of an inferior human?! I won't fall for whatever tricks you used against me insect!"

'I don't understand what just happened but my situation has not improved much' The Reaper thinks as his vision gets blurry while the shape of a fishman charging at him gets closer

'All the water I took in and my lack of oxygen is making me pass out!' as he stares he's able to make out three cuts on both sides of Arlongs neck and an idea pops in his head 'That's an amazing plan'

He holsters his weapon on his back and instead of trying to get out of the way, swims at the fishman instead.

"Shahahaha! Finally gave up on your life after your tricks failed to work? I'll be happy to end you!" Arlong says as he opens his mouth wide open and charges even faster at the man.

"SHARK ON TOOTH!"

'Got him' The Reaper then moves slightly to the side and lets his previously uninjured shoulder take a critical bite from the shark fishman.

Without even leaving time for himself to feel pain, he wraps both his arms around the side of Arlongs neck and squeezes.

"Is this your pathetic attempt at trying to choke me? Exactly what I'd expect from an inf... gah!" he starts to mock but gets cut off by the water feeling his insides. 'What?'

He looks down at the man with blood surrounding him in the water as he realizes what's happening.

'This puny!' 

Arlong starts punching the man covering his gills, in hopes he'd release his hold. "Let..." *punch* "...GO!"

This had the opposite effect of what he hoped. With every punch, it felt like the grasp on his neck was getting tighter instead.

"You damn.. geh!" the fishman tries to speak again which results in more water flowing into his lungs. 'I have to get out of here!' Arlong panics as he turns towards the surface and starts swimming up as fast he's physically possible.

He practically leaps out of the water and lands on his knees, instantly coughing up water and trying to regain his breath. The man is still holding around his neck so he grabs his arms and throws him to the side.

"Ahg!" Ray yells as he slams on his back resulting in him coughing up a mixture of water and even more blood. He regains his breath after coughing out all the water but is still bleeding. 

Ray pushes himself off the ground to stand up, but struggles to stay standing as a second quick change in water pressure worsened his dizziness.

"Huuuu.. hooooo..." he takes a deep breath which helps him not be as dizzy.

"I've had enough of you! I'm done playing aro..."

"Just be quiet" Ray interrupts "My head hurts too much to listen to anymore of your excuses."

"Like come on, that's all you've been doing whenever something bad happens. Is the only strength you have underwater? Ah I guess you are half fish."

Arlong becomes furious at the words then notices a group of villagers holding weapons standing at the entrance, watching the entire thing. His anger grows even more, to the point his veins seems to almost explode.

"I see what's happening here." he snarls towards the mob "You saw someone you thought could beat me and asked him for help is that it? All for what? Some brat who betrayed your little village and joined the person who killed her mother?!"

"Shut up!" Nojiko yells out "We knew all along that she didn't betray any of us! She was the most upset out of all when Bell-mere was murdered!"

"Shahahaha! Murdered? She didn't have any money to pay for her life, I didn't murder anyone. If anything I saved her!"

The whole village gets shocked at these words, which then turn into an even more intense anger, as they look ready to jump in with weapons without caring for their own lives.

"I buy her anything she needs! Money? I have as much as she could ever want! All she has to do is draw some little maps, she's already been doing it for 10 years. After I kill all of you, she'll have no other choice! Nami is hap..."

Out of nowhere, a fist collides with Arlongs face making him take a few steps back. 

"And you!" Arlong says as he looks at the dark haired man who just hit him "Why go through all this for some stupid woman? You won't be able to bring out her true worth like I do! Nami won't joi..."

Once again, The Reaper quickly reaches out his hand and grabs the bottom of the fishmans jaw from inside his mouth. He then pulls down which makes the shark fishman fall to his knees. The Reaper then tightens his grip and pulls his hand back, removing the teeth from Arlongs mouth.

"Ah! Fucking human!" Arlong yells as a new pair of teeth grow in. He almost bursts out in anger until he looks up and stares straight into the mans face, which has blood dripping from any place it can.

"Shahahaha! Was the water pressure too much for you weakling? You can barely stand yet you're trying to protect what little decency Nami has le..." he starts to taunt until a hand reaches inside his mouth again and yanks another set of teeth out.

"Don't say her name" Reaper says as he looks down at Arlong, making him flinch. 

"This was annoying too" The Reaper casually remarks as he throws the pair of teeth in his hand and grabs onto Arlongs nose. He starts gripping it harder which results in blood trickling from his palm.

"I said earlier, my nose is unbreakable! Shahahaha" the shark fishman laughs out. As if to prove him wrong, Ray tightens his grip even more and starts slowly moving his arm back. 

"Ahg!" Arlong feels pain in his nose, then attaches both his hands to the arm holding onto him. Desperately he tries removing the arm, but with no luck. It feels as if he's trying to move a mountain.

"GAAAAAH!" Arlong yells out as Ray suddenly pulls back his arm. He moves his arms up to where his nose should be but feels rapidly flowing blood instead. He looks up and sees the purple eyed man staring down at him, then opening his hand and dropping a saw like object.

In too much pain to even say anything, Arlong stands up and steps back far more than a few steps. As if no intention to stop him, Ray lets the fishman get up and back away.

"I want to finish you off before my crew gets here, so I think we should end this. For real this time." Ray says while pulling his hood back over his head, and grabbing the scythe off his back.

Without saying a word, Arlong rips 2 pairs of teeth out of his mouth and puts one in each hand.

"Seems you're ready." The Reaper lifts his scythe straight up

Arlong charges at him with 2 sets of teeth in his hands. "TOOTH GUM!"

'Ah I need a name for this. Okay I have the perfect idea.'

"Maori style..."

A red demonic figure emitting serious killing intent seems to appear behind The Reaper, unbeknownst to him. Arlong freezes from the strong feeling and looks at the giant red figure that appeared. He drops the teeth in his hands and falls to his knees.

"WHIRO'S HUNGER!" The reaper swings his scythe down. To him and everyone watching, it seems like it happened in a flash. But to Arlong, it felt like ages passed as the red figure behind the man opens it's mouth and covers him and all the previously killed fishmen on the floor.

"No wonder I lost.. He can't be human" Arlong grieves while the demonic figure closes it's mouth.

""What the hell..."" Nojiko and Gen mutter while them and the villagers all drop their weapons ""..was that?""

~~~~~~~

*flinch* The group of five stop running and look towards the direction they were just heading.

"Did you guys feel that?" Luffy asks the group following behind him

Zoro and Sanji both nod as they remember the feeling of death that disappeared just as quickly as it appeared.

"D-do you think it was Arlong?" Usopp asks fearfully, hiding behind the two.

"Wait! If that's true, I think Ray's over there?!" Luffy screams

Zoro and Usopp get startled, realizing what the source of the feeling was.

"We have to go help him!" yells Luffy as he runs even faster towards the park.

Zoro sheathes his swords that he drew in panic, and starts casually following after his captain with Usopp.

Nami and Sanji catch up to the two and Sanji asks "Why are you guys so casual? Isn't Ray the creepy dude Luffy recruited at the Baratie?"

"Because if we're right..." Usopp starts "..then the fights already over." Zoro finishes

Sanji and Nami look at each other confused as the group arrives at the gate.

"RAAAAAAY!" Luffy screams as he runs past all the shocked villagers and the two bounty hunters that seem to have passed out.

The other four look in the plaza of Arlong Park and see blood scattered all throughout the place.

"Where is everyone?" Sanji questions

A man covered in scars with a pinwheel on his hat points to a throne that has an ominous hooded figure sitting on it, with a scythe leaned against the chair.

"Isn't that.." 

"RAY!" Luffy yells again as he runs towards the throne. "Are you okay?! Where's Arlong!?"

The hooded man stares at his captain and chuckles "They must've run away. I told them the future pirate king was on his way."

The four crew members behind Luffy look at each other confusedly as they've pretty much guessed what happened, wondering why he didn't say anything.

"Oh that so?" Luffy says as he scratches his head with a little frown.

The crews jaw dropped in shock at the fact he believed the obvious lie.

"Yeah they got so scared when they heard you name. The run here made me a little tired so you don't mind if I.." Ray says as his head tilts to the side a little "..fall asleep... right?" he whispers the rest as his head fully falls to the side.

"He isn't, you know?" Usopp whispers to the other three

"No he's not dead. Don't be so dramatic. He actually just fell asleep." Zoro replies 

"Wait so he really did deal with Arlong?" Sanji asks

"There's no way! Some random person can't just defeat the strongest fishman in the East Blue!" Nami exclaims

Like the world wanted to prove her wrong, they hear a crumbling sound and look at the building behind Ray. As if split in half, a straight line separates the five story building. Both sides fall to the side and all that's left is rubble.

The crew looks at the man sleeping on the throne and all think different things.

'Scary!' 'Hmph' 'How?' 'Impossible!'

Luffy scratches his head again and turns around towards the four.

"Did I do that too?"

""""NO YOU IDIOT!!""""

 

Heyyyy.... Okay okay I'm sorry! I know I promised another chapter soon... 6 days ago. BUT! I actually had a reason. My cat thought it was a good idea to jump from the top of her cat post onto my laptop and she cracked the screen. I had to wait for it to be fixed. Some of this chapter may have typos/bad grammar since I started writing half of it on my phone before giving up since it was too hard. So feel free to correct any if you see them. Anyways! How'd you enjoy the end of Arlong Park? I'd like feedback, and any suggestions on what could've made it better :). Thanks for reading!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7