Prologue: The Wreckers
61 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Space.

It's an absolute fucking mess.

People used to say that space is empty, that the only thing you'd see in space is nothingness.

So wrong. They were so wrong. Absolutely wrong.

Space is nothing but empty. You got micro asteroids sniping at you from literally any direction. Debris just waiting for a chance to hit you in the face. Gravity that seems to want to make your day a horrible one. And you also got assholes you're stuck dealing with because you're in the same ship.

It can kill even the strongest man. Turn a kind priest into a murdering psychopath. Make a calm man into a wimp who'd hide at the very sound of something crashing at another. And cause a brave man to suffer a nervous breakdown at the sound of something crawling in the air ducts.

Welcome to the Wrecker Administration Authority Group of Holdings otherwise known as WAAGH or just Wreckers. A place where even active criminals can get a job. A place where your life is worth less than a carbon scrubber. And the only place where sending you off to die is not only legal, but cool and normal.

Many have died on the job. Many were maimed while scavenging the numerous wrecks dotting the many star systems surrounding the Eternity star system. Many simply disappeared with not a single news to account for. Many more were widowed when their partners disappeared on a mission to explore and scavenge this debris, that ruin or those wrecks.

This is their story. Of their blood and toil, their sweat and tears, the ups and downs of their entire career. From their most humble beginnings, all the way to their sudden but inevitable violent demise.

4